Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

DarkCrawler posted:

Saying this as a completely straight dude, Stalin may have been a mass murdering sociopath, but he was pretty loving stunning looking too. All the way to the old age too (looking at you Tito, Castro, and Mao...wait, no Mao was always ugly).

Keep in mind that most of the photos that exist of him after the revolution were very heavily doctored to remove his personal blemish's and his nasty smallpox scars, they were so prominent that he was known as "the pockmarked one" while he was operating in the Georgian underground.
He was also short!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

khwarezm posted:

Keep in mind that most of the photos that exist of him after the revolution were very heavily doctored to remove his personal blemish's and his nasty smallpox scars, they were so prominent that he was known as "the pockmarked one" while he was operating in the Georgian underground.
He was also short!

C'mon dude. Stop killin' my Stalin Boner

Clarington Grey
Dec 4, 2007

Subtle but delightful.
Mata Hari. Dancer, courtesan, and suspected German spy during the First World War. I would have loved to have watched her perform. Hell, I might even have been willing to surrender valuable state secrets to her.

After the war, when she was captured and tried by the French, she refused a blindfold when facing her firing squad, promising the French soldiers that they would see a "beautiful execution."

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

khwarezm posted:

He was also short!

Yeah, well, Edward James Olmos, so there. :colbert:

Also, shortness doesn't stop people from looking good. Actually surprisingly common with revolutionaries too:

(Che Guevara, Fidel Castro, Josip Broz Tito and Ho Chi Minh)

Orkiec
Dec 28, 2008

My gut, huh?

DarkCrawler posted:

Saying this as a completely straight dude, Stalin may have been a mass murdering sociopath, but he was pretty loving stunning looking too. All the way to the old age too (looking at you Tito, Castro, and Mao...wait, no Mao was always ugly).

You're being a bit harsh on the Great Helmsman, he wasn't that ugly:

Speaking of attractive communists, young Nicolae Ceaucescu, age 18:

Rough Lobster posted:

Came here to post this! What a good looking motherfucker.

Have this instead:

A russian sniper chick from WW2. No idea of the name. :swoon:

That's Lyudmilla Pavlichenko, one of the greatest snipers and the greatest female snipers. She had 309 kills. Also, Woody Guthrie wrote a song about her: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHKjOl9ocR0

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
I posted her in the "Good Lookin'" thread but Josephine Baker. Very regal.

BoutrosBoutros
Dec 6, 2010

Rasler posted:

By the way, here's Kaiser Wilhelm, the "other" cousin:

He's the most handsome of the three, and was also the gayest, and the craziest, and the stupidest.

He had to pay for his good looks with a deformed little flipper left hand. I don't think there is a single photo of him where he isn't hiding his left hand somehow. Usually he's holding a sword in a way that makes it seem normal, or he's holding his left hand inside his right.

Rakugoon
Jul 30, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Young Napoleon was pretty much as pretty as Josephine, but for someone other people might not be aware of...

Zapata was loving intense:

And then North of the border we had Ruth Etting, who is my ideal woman.

Mary Pickford was also a dainty thing (she was like, four and a half feet tall):

utada
Jun 6, 2006

I had the craziest dream last night. I was dancing the White Swan.
Franz Liszt

His daughter married the talented but hideous Richard Wagner with his freakishly large head so I guess the gene pool evened out in the end.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

Alan Turing

I've always found him attractive. Considered the father of modern computer science and artificial intelligence. He helped the Allies win World War II by developing techniques for breaking German ciphers, including Enigma. He suffered criminal prosecution for being gay, which was illegal in the UK at the time. He died in 1954 of cyanide poisoning, by eating a poisoned apple. In 2009, the British Prime Minister apologized on behalf of the British government for the treatment he received after the war, but the British government still refuses to pardon him.

Hostage Pokemon
Dec 29, 2011

Wise as a wizard
Quick as a viper
I bet all of these people smelled horrible.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Leslie Nielson

Goddamn.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

rockinricky posted:

Alan Turing

I've always found him attractive. Considered the father of modern computer science and artificial intelligence. He helped the Allies win World War II by developing techniques for breaking German ciphers, including Enigma. He suffered criminal prosecution for being gay, which was illegal in the UK at the time. He died in 1954 of cyanide poisoning, by eating a poisoned apple. In 2009, the British Prime Minister apologized on behalf of the British government for the treatment he received after the war, but the British government still refuses to pardon him.

My own nomination for "Sexiest Computer Scientist":

Ada Lovelace.

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?
Pre-Raphaelite Artists when they were younger

Dante Gabriel Rossetti

Arthur Hughes

And Phillip Otto Runge, who was a German Romantic painter.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Von Braun?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Rakugoon posted:

Young Napoleon was pretty much as pretty as Josephine, but for someone other people might not be aware of...

Zapata was loving intense:

Oh,my...he indeed was:

More Mexican hotties:

Hola senoritas ;)

Leona Vicario before turning in a good looking fatty:

Vicente Guerrero was our African-Mexican President:

Edit:

I love his hair.

Maria Felix, meow:

And finally Tin-Tan :swoon: He was a good looker, had a great charisma and was the best pachuco ever:

Desperado Bones has a new favorite as of 05:46 on Apr 13, 2012

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

whale hunter posted:

I bet all of these people smelled horrible.

And just imagine what their teeth would be like. Eesh

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
You want great facial hair?

Antonio Maceo Grajales, the Bronze Titan, is your man. Born a slave, died a Lt General and second in command of the Cuban Army of Independence. :black101:

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
Winston Churchill's American momma:

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

William Walker
American Fillibuster and Dictator of Nicaragua, universally the most hated person in Nicaragua even today.

Richard Davis
The guy who wrote a book about the dude above, also pretty much responsible for the style of writing and politically fueled psuedo journalism that created the modern news magazine.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Anna May Wong
The first Chinese-American Hollywood movie star and first Asian-American international movie star.

drat. :allears:

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
Another for Mexico, Katy Jurado. I have the hugest crush on her from High Noon:

And two from American illustration.

An early Rosie the Riveter (the figure you usually think of by that name wasn't actually called "Rosie the Riveter" until the 80s, says Wikipedia). I dislike Norman Rockwell, but this gal rocks:

Aaaand the Arrow Collar Man. Modeled on artist JC Leyendecker's boyfriend, Charles Beach, he shows up in many of the Arrow Collar ads.

SUBTEXT, WHAT SUBTEXT

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

SUBTEXT, WHAT SUBTEXT

You're right. His wife is kind of a dog.

:v:

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?
I had a crush on this Ancient Egyptian herder as a 13-year old when looking through a picture book for history class. Looks so youthful.

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

Passionate about your involuntary euthanasia.
Philosopher Søren Kierkegaard was all kinds of good looking:

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

It's all in the eyes

Pola Negri

Maude Adams

Angela Davis

Eartha Kitt

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Rakugoon posted:

Which reminds me, Pauline Bonaparte, Napoleons unbelievably vain and shallow sister was also unbelievably hot:

Yes, she literally had a statue built of herself as Venus.

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012
Richard Feynman

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

RAF (Red Army Faction) - was one of post–World War II Germany's most violent and prominent left-wing terror groups.

From the left: Jan-Carl Raspe, Gudrun Ensslin (founder) und Andreas Baader (founder)

From the left: Irmgard Möller and Ulrike Meinhof (founder)

They were responsible for several bombings and deaths - all 5 commited suicides (supposedly) in their cells in a high-security prison during their trial. Only Möller survived after stabbing herself 4 times in the chest - she still lives today. The whole story is pretty insane and was made into a pretty good movie - Der Baader Meinhof Komplex. I gotta admit it was a good looking group.

Palpek has a new favorite as of 14:02 on Apr 13, 2012

Palpatine MD
Jan 31, 2012

Passionate about your involuntary euthanasia.

khwarezm posted:

Yes, she literally had a statue built of herself as Venus.
That reminds me of another beauty from the arts, Edouard Manet's Olympia.

This was a groundbreaking painting in Modernism because it played on the academic conventions of the Venus, Olympia and Odalisque nudes that preceded it. Here the viewer is confronted by the subject directly (she is looking right at you, and rather bored at that) in a way that was unprecedented in the genre.

The gritty realism of the painting is striking to me. Olympia is a hottie, not because of her flawless classical beauty, but in her confrontational honesty.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous

Palpatine MD posted:

That reminds me of another beauty from the arts, Edouard Manet's Olympia.

This was a groundbreaking painting in Modernism because it played on the academic conventions of the Venus, Olympia and Odalisque nudes that preceded it. Here the viewer is confronted by the subject directly (she is looking right at you, and rather bored at that) in a way that was unprecedented in the genre.

The gritty realism of the painting is striking to me. Olympia is a hottie, not because of her flawless classical beauty, but in her confrontational honesty.

Quite interestingly, the model there went on to be a pretty good artist in her own right: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victorine_Meurent

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Guy who's mask was on Pharaoh Tutankhamen's face

This guy probably isn't King Tut. Odds are it was created for someone else, then co-opted for Tut when he died suddenly. Tut was one ugly motherfucker due to all the in-breeding and such, wouldn't really want that advertised for all future generations.

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

This guy probably isn't King Tut. Odds are it was created for someone else, then co-opted for Tut when he died suddenly. Tut was one ugly motherfucker due to all the in-breeding and such, wouldn't really want that advertised for all future generations.

Speaking of attractive mummies:
http://lastdaysoftheincas.com/wordpress/?p=194 (linked for really well preserved 500 year old dead girl)

I'm not saying she's hot in a sexy way because that would be hosed up and gross, I'm just saying I am amazed at how perfectly preserved this beautiful young woman is. It creeps me out a little as she looks so alive, like she could open her eyes at any moment.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

MA-Horus posted:

To be fair this mask wasn't based on anybody - it was created according to the strict Egyptian aesthetic canon. The artist learned scultping from real models but the mask wasn't based on a particular person. It's not anathomically correct. Still a beautiful sculpture of course.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Simón Bolívar, I love men in uniforms. I'm not even kidding:

And Dalí, crazy geniuses can be hot as gently caress:

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
While we're talking Tutankhamun, these cuties have been staring intently at one another for a very long time:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
Eugene Bullard.

An American from Georgia, the first African-American military combat pilot, and the only African-American aviator in WWI, although he never flew for the US. He had kind of a hard-knock life, ran away from home at the age of 11, stowed away on a ship to Europe, ended up in London doing boxing and slapstick with a troupe called "Belle Davis's Freedman Pickaninnies", moved to Paris, and ended up joining the French Foreign Legion when the war broke out in '14. He got injured at Verdun, and while he was recuperating he bet a buddy a cool two grand that he could join the flying corps even though he was black. He was right - got his wings with the Aéronautique Militaire in '17.

The insignia on his airplane was a heart with a dagger through it and the words "All Blood Runs Red." He got the nickname "The Black Swallow of Death." Look at that picture. He's so cool.

mariolatry
Jun 7, 2006

The time will come.
Empress Elisabeth "Sissi" of Austria:

Grand Duchess Elizabeth of Russia, born Elisabeth of Hesse:

Princess Louise, one of Queen Victoria's daughters - the only attractive one of her daughters, IMO:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Aidan_702 posted:

And just imagine what their teeth would be like. Eesh

Apparently, the underwear model/Lincoln assassination conspirator guy from pg 1

eating only apples posted:

Lewis Powell

really did have some fuckin' awful teeth. Photo of a dude holding what is supposed to be Powell's skull on this page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

InediblePenguin posted:

Eugene Bullard.

An American from Georgia, the first African-American military combat pilot, and the only African-American aviator in WWI, although he never flew for the US. He had kind of a hard-knock life, ran away from home at the age of 11, stowed away on a ship to Europe, ended up in London doing boxing and slapstick with a troupe called "Belle Davis's Freedman Pickaninnies", moved to Paris, and ended up joining the French Foreign Legion when the war broke out in '14. He got injured at Verdun, and while he was recuperating he bet a buddy a cool two grand that he could join the flying corps even though he was black. He was right - got his wings with the Aéronautique Militaire in '17.

The insignia on his airplane was a heart with a dagger through it and the words "All Blood Runs Red." He got the nickname "The Black Swallow of Death." Look at that picture. He's so cool.

That's one of the most badass things/pictures I've seen in months.

• Locked thread