Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goodog
Nov 3, 2007

It's all in the eyes

Pola Negri

Maude Adams

Angela Davis

Eartha Kitt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Photographer, actress and revolutionary Tina Modotti

Also had a :nws: stunning body :nws:.

goodog has a new favorite as of 14:28 on Jan 3, 2013

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Some women from Egyptian cinema's golden age

Madiha Yousri

Tahiya Karioka

Shadia

Asmahan

Rakia Ibrahim

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Alice Roosevelt Longworth, wild child of Theodore Roosevelt and just as non-conformist.

"She was known as a rule-breaker in an era when women were under great pressure to conform. The American public noticed many of her exploits. She smoked cigarettes in public, rode in cars with men, stayed out late partying, kept a pet snake named Emily Spinach (Emily as in her spinster aunt and Spinach for its green color) in the White House, and was seen placing bets with a bookie."

"Once, a White House visitor commented on Longworth's frequent interruptions to the Oval Office, often because of her political advice. The exhausted president commented to his friend, author Owen Wister, after the third interruption to their conversation and after threatening to throw Longworth 'out the window', "I can either run the country or I can attend to Alice, but I cannot possibly do both."

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

God Of Paradise posted:

Strange note. According to his biography, women in Japan seemed almost universally disgusted by Mishima, even after Sun and Steel and the body building.

The whole "gay chauvinist samurai" thing might have been a turnoff.

• Locked thread