Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Sean_Miller posted:

John Wilkes Booth was a hot little number.

This is the truth. He was, at the time, considered to be one of the greatest actors of his generation and a sex symbol. It would be like if you woke up today and George Clooney or Brad Pitt had shot Obama. It must have been insanely surreal to experience first hand.

Also, Kim Il Sung was quite an attractive and personable man. Its how he was able to build such an insane cult around himself (that his son then systematically ruined):

El Estrago Bonito has a new favorite as of 00:19 on Apr 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

William Walker
American Fillibuster and Dictator of Nicaragua, universally the most hated person in Nicaragua even today.

Richard Davis
The guy who wrote a book about the dude above, also pretty much responsible for the style of writing and politically fueled psuedo journalism that created the modern news magazine.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Keshik posted:

When you think of Leonardo da Vinci, you think of his self-portrait drawn late in life:

Well, what you may not be aware of is that in his youth, his contemporaries described him as "the most beautiful man who ever lived."

I hate myself for not knowing an original, verifiable source for this, but I got it from QI

Here's a statue of young Leonardo for reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_%28Verrocchio%29

• Locked thread