Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
Queen Elizabeth II was a babe when she was younger:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.

Xander77 posted:

Yoni Netanyahu

Not only was he hot and really heroic, but if he survived his final bout of heroics, his brothers life could have been completely different, as would the recent history of Israel.

I'm not the only one who thinks he looks a lot like Christian Bale in this picture, right?

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

ohforthewings posted:

One of the main players in the Irish war of independance (and following Civil war)and an absolute hotty, Michael Collins

Looking dapper in his uniform:

Looking slightly serious:

This man knew how to dress:

If you haven't seem the Movie about him, also called Michael Collins, you should. he's played by Liam Neeson, and Eamon de Valera is played by Alan Rickman. It's wicked awesome.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Smiling Jack posted:

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

I always thought that this girl was in the IRA? the picture was definitely taken after the 1954 or so, simply because of the gun she's using.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Smiling Jack posted:

PIRA probably. Also, I think that's a AR-18, the unadopted successor to the famous AR-15, so the picture is post '63.

I think you're right. I thought it was a FN FAL at first.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

MadMattH posted:

That gun is either a CETME or HK G3. The picture would probably be in the 50's or 60's.

No. It's an Ar-18. Look at the sights and the magazine well, its got that very distinctive slant.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Smiling Jack posted:

The Armalite is such a symbol of the PIRA that they actually named their long-term strategy after it. It's an AR-18.

Here's a better picture of the gun and girl in question:

There was also a song written about them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGgD8TmI96o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

This is Zitkala-Sa, a Sioux writer, musician and political activist. And she was gorgeous in her spare time. :allears:

• Locked thread