Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Ooh, let me tell you about French troop movements! :swoon:

Mata Hari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Edna St. Vincent Millay was an advocate for feminism and, boldly, she was openly bisexual from the 1920s on. This picture is of her in college in her early 20s. I wish it wasn't black and white, contemporary friends say she had great red hair.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Claus von Stauffenberg came close to blowing up Hitler, and right on the spot at blowing up my heart.

His wife Nina was almost as pretty as he was.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

I love his hair, too. Along with his tight pants and huge codpiece, he could be a rock star.

I've always liked the way Edith Tolkien looked. She's the inspiration for Luthien!

The Shah of Iran and his wife were the very image of a wealthy power couple. Shame about the secret police.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Young Gandhi was dapper. His wife looked distinguished, too.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

The man in charge of UN peacekeepers in Srebrenica in 1995, Lt col Thomas Karremans, failed to prevent a genocide (though it wasn't all his fault: He had restrictive ROEs)

He had a great mustache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Young man Jefferson Davis! :swoon:

Just look at that chin.

• Locked thread