Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darmvlinder
Jan 14, 2013
If recent history is okay, I always thought Grace Slick from Jefferson Airplane had something special. A natural yet unusual beauty, I guess.

William Bear posted:

Ooh, let me tell you about French troop movements! :swoon:

Mata Hari.

I believe she was Dutch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darmvlinder
Jan 14, 2013
Maxfield Parrish

Not only being an exceptional talent in painting and creating colour depth, he had the square jaw masculine look rocking. An absolute stud.

Apparently, he was an art-hottie too. He had these amazing techniques.

Wikipedia posted:

Parrish's art features dazzlingly luminous colors; the color Parrish blue was named in acknowledgement. He achieved the results by means of a technique called glazing where bright layers of oil color separated by varnish are applied alternately over a base rendering (Parrish usually used a blue and white monochromatic underpainting).

He would build up the depth in his paintings by photographing, enlarging, projecting and tracing half- or full-size objects or figures. Parrish then cut out and placed the images on his canvas, covering them with thick, but clear, layers of glaze. The result is realism of elegiac vivacity. His work achieves a unique three-dimensional appearance, which does not translate well to coffee table books.

• Locked thread