Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
utada
Jun 6, 2006

I had the craziest dream last night. I was dancing the White Swan.
Franz Liszt

His daughter married the talented but hideous Richard Wagner with his freakishly large head so I guess the gene pool evened out in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

utada
Jun 6, 2006

Ava Lowle Willing aka, the first Mrs. John Jacob Astor.

(Sorry about the watermark)

She was a stone cold bitch but even as a straight woman, I've always thought she was really quite beautiful.

utada
Jun 6, 2006

magic pantaloons posted:

Matthew Flinders. He circumnavigated Australia and recognised it as an island continent.

This was when the world really was young and exciting. "Is this place an island? I don't know, let's find out!" *sails around until he's back where he started*

utada
Jun 6, 2006

This magazine cover seems like the ultimate troll bait. "Should a girl be first in space?" I can imagine the fine male readers of LOOK clutching the magazine in anger and disbelief, feverishly penning a letter to the editors - "The fact that you even suggest such lunacy is why I am cancelling my subscription this very instant!"

utada
Jun 6, 2006

In the theme of hot young Russians, how about Tolstoy?

utada
Jun 6, 2006

:stare: This guy looks like the bastard lovechild of Jimmy Stewart and Clark Gable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

utada
Jun 6, 2006

KozmoNaut posted:

Early photo of Abraham Lincoln. It's so odd seeing him without the beard.

Fun fact: This daguerreotype was actually entitled "Portrait of a Young Man" and there was some question about whether it was actually Lincoln or not so they used other known photos to match up the crack in his skull from where a horse had kicked him when he was a boy.

• Locked thread