Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Hyperactive posted:

Yup!

We'd originally agreed on a total rip off of the Wesson PPC but Scott opted for the Rhino at the last minute.

BTW. The scene where robo discovers that his pistol can't be fixed made me genuinely very sad.

Absolutely love the book, keep them coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Hyperactive posted:

It's only available on iOS, but that's temporary. Android and Win 8 will be supported ASAP.

But I thought Robo and Apple didn't get along? Something about metal fingers.:science:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

rantmo posted:

Holy poo poo, there's an Atomic Robo Kickstarter campaign and I'm going to own a Tesladyne coffee mug someday soon :dance: I still want a Tesladyne t-shirt with "Remain calm, trust in science" on it but this is a drat fine start.

I should just start depositing my paychecks directly into Kickstarter, too many cool things lately.

I want to see a Tesladyne lunchbox as a stretch goal. Or even better a Dr Dinosaur Lunchbox.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Obviously, Robo is going to have his head attached to a not-so-giant robot, which will then be used to pilot the really-giant robot used to punch the biomega.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

There were Dr Dinosaur maquettes. Wish I had gotten one while they were available.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

8one6 posted:

"Also complicated."

I'm calling it now, Robo is plugged into Dept. Zero's ship (which may or may not convert into a giant robot) to fight biomega.

I still think he's going to get plugged into bigger and bigger robots, nesting doll style, until he's in a robot big enough to punch a giant octo-crab-squid.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Are you looking for this to take place in the 60s? Because when he went to Mars in 1975, we never see him coming back to earth, the Soviets could have intercepted him when his capsule came back to earth.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Is Robo getting a new head as well as a body? Is that his old beat up head in the background of panel #1 today?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Please tell me that while they're redesigning Robos hands, they include the ability to use touch screens.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

unseenlibrarian posted:

This is an issue with the touch screen design as much as Robo's hands, as I understand it. It was an actual recent minor breakthrough that someone came up with artificial skin for a prosthetic that would let them interact with a iphone touch screen.

...Which mostly means that Robo would need fake meat-hands to use the screen and that would be creepy.

There are stylus for capacitive touch screens, so there's gotta be a way to make non-meat work with them. Perhaps Fungus Girl can grow him a fungi based solution. :science:

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Awww yeah son, giant robots dropping from the sky!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Robo has hands and is wearing pants! PROGRESS!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Hyperactive posted:

It's in layout! Might be ready for purchase toward the end of this year but don't quote me on that. Definitely available for 2016.

I ran into the designer of the Majestic 12 sourcebook at a con a few months ago, he totally sold me on playing a M12 game.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Those are some sexy looking legs they're designing. I'm wondering if they're for Robo or for the giant robot that will eventually be punching biomegas to death.

...and if they're for robo, it would be a shame to cover them up with pants all the time.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

This torpedo nuke plan does not involve enough punches to giant monster faces.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Hyperactive posted:

Counterpoint: the plan is literally as many supersonic nuclear punches to giant monster faces as needed to cook them to death.

Will the torpedos be shaped like fists?

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I just remembered that Jenkins is still unaccounted for. My new hope is that he'll show up at the last minute to knife the biomega to death.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Maybe the Tungsten rods will be shaped like fists.
Killing a living island with Metal Space Fists sounds like a good resolution.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

rantmo posted:

Today's panel is pretty phenomenal without context. It's still good in context of course, but it stands alone so splendidly.

Yeah, please please tell me that we're going to learn more about Sergi during the Cold War spy story arc.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

So a full page every day? 7 days a week? Insanity.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Why does Robo need to wear goggles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Hyperactive posted:

It looks good!

Fair enough!