Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?
Brian,

Who would win in a super science battle? Atomic Robo or Buckaroo Banzai?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Manwithastick posted:

This have bothered me since I learnt of real life Tesla, why has nobody ever continued his electricity experiments to give use free electricity?

(apologies, this came up after I read the last issue)

Many of his notes were either destroied or in some cases written in code no one has broken.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Jedi425 posted:

Gonna end up with a lot of Dr. Dr.'s in there. Doctor doctors. With degrees in doctology.

Minor in Women's Studies.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

My stuff arrived today!

Did you get a message about shipping from kickstarter or was it a different email? Just wondering if I need to be checking spam filters.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Hyperactive posted:

Lots of things haven't shipped yet, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Cool, good to know. Will make sure to put that email addy on my "do not block" list.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Cool seeing you guys going the digital route and releasing the old stuff a web comics. Quick question: Will new issues be released on digital comics apps like Comixology or will it only be released as web comics? If still being released on Comixology I guess I will start my first subscription on the service!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Hyperactive posted:

Atomic Robo has always been on comiXology. Technically, Atomic Robo has been on comiXology more than any other title -- we were the first comic entered into their database all those years ago. You can get them right here. For the new content, we'll definitely sell collections through comiXology and probably issues, but we're not 100% on those.

I know you guys are on comixology, just wondered how things are going to be now that you guy's left Diamond.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

"I ask for guns and what I get is fungus-human hybrids?" is pretty much the essence of action science.

So you saying this comic is the prequel for The Last of Us?

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

8one6 posted:

They're just setting up a need to raid Dr. Dinosaur's lab for atomic crystals.

J.A.B.C. posted:

THE GREATEST ENERGY SOURCE!

ROBO'S PUNY ROBOT MAMMAL MIND CAN'T EVEN COMPREHEND THE TRUE POWER OF THE CRYSTALS!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Covok posted:

I would love to just see Robo's face if that happened. It would be the epitome of "I can't loving believe this right now."

I think it would be very funny if somehow Robo gets sucked through time again, this time he sees how his heart is built and sure enough... CRYSTALS!

He finds out that was Tesla's big secret all these years, crystals!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

So with this Nazi attack station is Robo going to have to call Miranda Zero and the Global Frequency for help? I mean they do have some experience hijacking rogue attack satellites and what not.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Bucnasti posted:

Metal Space Fists

Thats the name of my new sci fi speed metal group!

Wanderer posted:

To be fair, Ellis didn't invent the idea of the kinetic harpoon. Depending on how refined the idea is, you could attribute it to the Lensman books, Niven, or Heinlein.

I know. I just like the idea of Robo either knowing Miranda Zero or being one of the 1001 agents of Global Frequency!

(And yeah, Ellis recycled the whole "take over the kinetic harpoon plot" for his GI JOE: Resolute story he did for Cartoon Network couple years after Global Frequency)

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Patrick Spens posted:

Not going to lie, I did not expect it to be that easy to fire the rods.

The German's made it. They are known to make things as simple as possible.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Bobulus posted:

Odds seem high that the eventual solution will be to drop the whole station on that thing.

Isn't that really the answer to all of life's problems?

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Last night I was watching an episode of The Middle Man and had a thought. Would the Middle Man exist in the Atomic Robo universe or would he be working for Atomic Robo?

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Hyperactive posted:

I'd taken some courses on comics by that time. They were taught in the manner of English courses, only about comics instead of Shakespeare or what have you. I'd become very suspicious of the academics we were studying because they had all these theories about making comics, but none of them made comics.

That sounded like something Kevin Smith said in either one of his podcast or the Evening with Kevin Smith dvds. He talked about going to film school and it seemed like it was all theory but no real movie making.

Hyperactive posted:

Diamond is terrible and the Direct Market as a whole is about 30 years behind the rest of the economy. It's effectively a mail order catalog from the '80s in a world where Amazon.com exists. It's insane.

Give 'em another five years to figure out that hybridization like the Atomic Robo model will not cannibalize print sales and will, in fact, add several previously untapped revenue streams for approximately zero dollars invested compared to the costs of traditional publishing.

This is pretty much the state with any "old media" like TV, Film, and Music. Music is catching up with the tech but TV and Film are still kicking and screaming trying to keep their old out of date money makeing models in place while everyone else is abandoning them. You have to blame the ones in charge on this. Once you get rid of the old guard who have been in this business "since the beginning" and get people who know the tech in charge then you will start getting better results!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

If Robo was in the Pacific during WW2 he may have dealt with the large nasty bugs on some of those islands. Maybe had some nest inside him and freaked him the hell out!

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

For some reason this new story is giving me "The Good, The Bad, and The Weird" vibes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzNnCK5cd8Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Ahh! Glad I wasn't reaching for straws there! I do follow you guys on twitter I must have missed that under the piles of other people I follow.

• Locked thread