Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I shouldn't have read this thread. I've beaten W1 and done both story paths for W2 and now I'm going to sit around pointlessly f5'ing this thread waiting for more updates.

This is really great news and I had no clue that they had already done so much work on it. A Skyrim that is the Witcher instead sounds amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Do we have an estimated release date on this game yet? Whenever that is can't come soon enough.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Wow, they really brought out the big guns for those vids, didn't they? This is going to be great.

TBA 2014, so probably at the end of that year or even in 2015. They seem to already have a lot of the environment done already though, but I imagine there is still much to be done.

A year is a long wait to cure the blueballs that video game me. Guess I'll have to play Witcher 2 with the combat mod coming out 5 or 100 times.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I think I'll go the 'trust this guy's judgment route first. Those changes sound really great.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

Aside from that very specific thing and that they're both fantasy series with a darker bent...no, not really. I think that was very literally just a response to the interviewer saying "It's Poland's Game of Thrones" when it was out in Poland prior to Game of Thrones. I mean, I like A Song of Ice and Fire a bunch and all, but it's hardly the only good fantasy series out there and it's not like it single handedly made the fantasy genre popular.

If The Witcher is Poland's GoT then they've failed to deliver since the majority of the main characters continue to live through each installment.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

bef posted:

I hope so, now I can Witcher in peace.

VVV that whole time I was thinking Ves = Vernon for some really odd reason. That would've saved me a couple of hours of worry.

She's one of the first character's introduced (if my memory serves me correctly and the game opens with Geralt in prison with Roche goading him into flashbacks)

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I justified sparing him easily

He didn't mean to frame Geralt, Geralt was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. It's not like Geralt has ever given a poo poo about any of the kings anyway. I'm under the impression that he felt they were all arrogant douches anyway. And since it was a mistake and he took care of yennifer all that time I let it slide.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Oh my.

I guess the only thing I don't like is that Geralt, always lanky/gangly and thin is now pretty big. Maybe it's just the armor, but especially the speed at which he moved (all 'magic world so shutup' rebukes aside) seemed totally out of whack for someone of that build. Although I guess Letho was able to do it. Whatever, minor thing and that trailer just gets me excited.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

The Sharmat posted:

I liked her. She doesn't seem tremendously popular though. Guess people don't like it when people have secret agendas aside from the main character.

I liked her as a character as well. If she didn't have a secret agenda and was just Geralt's sex toy she wouldn't have been interesting at all.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Chaltab posted:

I'm starting to wonder if the game has lost something in translation, because I always feel like the characters don't know things that I've already inferred, but then have knowledge that the game hasn't explained to me yet. Like, the dead king's son, Boussy is alive in the Prologue and as far as I could tell was never seen or mentioned again, but then suddenly someone casually mentions that he's dead and nobody seems surprised by this knowledge.

I never noticed this, but it's pretty funny now that you've pointed it out.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Leb posted:

Fantastic news, everyone! GPU upgrades have been delayed a year!

:lol:

My first experience with Witcher 2 was getting into the dungeon scene after Roche frees you and my game refusing to render and or crashing. I knew then I needed to upgrade.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Nauta posted:

I'm still very sceptical about it.

If there is one developer that delivers on a promise like this, it's this one. Prolly the only developer I have any faith in at all.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

If I got a W2 reboot with an open world and even slightly expanded gameplay I'd be happy. Anything above that is cake.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

As always the music brings the entire video the perfect mood.

That trailer is amazing. I will be pre-ordering the poo poo out of this.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I still hate the way Geralt looks. He still looks kind of fat, when in the other games he appears to be a pretty lithe, athletic dude. Maybe it's the lovely looking armor he has which I assume the player will be able to replace in no time at all if that is indeed the starting armor.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Coughing Hobo posted:

This is like the best outfit Geralt's ever worn.

I don't think there was an outfit I truly hated in W2. They were all awesome.

The chainmail thing he wears in he trailer is just *so boring*. I'm almost assuming that it's a placeholder.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

This game is going to be awesome.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Senjuro posted:

If anyone is planning on upgrading their GPU for this game (I know I am) then it would probably be wise to wait a bit more because the Nvidia Geforce 800 series should be out before the end of the year, maybe even as soon as next month.

The last time I upgraded my GPU it was for the Witcher 2. I think the Witcher 3 is a worthy game to upgrade for.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I have no qualms about a company taking more time to release a better finished product. I do have a problem when the finished product, once released, is still a buggy mess in spite of delays. Thankfully, CDPR is one of the only game companies on Earth I trust to actually follow through and release a better product thanks to delaying a release.

But holy gently caress I want this game so badly.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Crappy Jack posted:

This is about ethics in video game release dates and computer graphics.

ftfy

Can someone explain this graphics hissy fit? I only sort of understand it.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

He named his horse 'Roach'? :allears:

Also, those flying monsters that dove into the water after him? :stonk:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Haha. The comments section is everything that you'd expect it to be:

"Combat dumbed down: preorder cancelled"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Oligopsony posted:

So the top review on Steam for this game enthuses:

Is this an accurate gloss of the game's tone? (No judgment either way, just trying to sense if I'd enjoy it personally.)

It has most of those things, yes.

• Locked thread