Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

Also can I just say that this game has the best costumes, both in artistry and technical execution, of any game ever made by like ten loving miles?

They don't go through with the whole "everything must be oversized" Dungeons & Dragons aesthetic that's become massively overdone in anything that takes place before the 1800s in games now. They make everything look like people could live in a lot of stuff and it makes the fantasy stuff stand out better while making a world that feels like it could exist

Also, I'm thinking of turning off in-game AA to fix the shadow visuals issue. I'm talking about those weird hash mark looking shadows. Is there an issue with forcing AA temporarily while playing through the control panel on an ATI card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Brownie posted:

I'm running it at 1920x1080, with the following settings:

You might want to lower your resolution in addition to your other settings. That's a pretty high resolution for a dual core processor and old videocard.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Rookersh posted:

I really wonder how Witcher 3 will handle choices.

I just saw both endings, and they offer drastically different scenarios for how things are going to go in the future.

On my Roche run, it pretty much outright stated the North will win, as it mentioned Anais will learn from Roche/Natalis how to be a badass warrior Queen and will crush Radovids forces when he comes to claim Temeria "several years after the second Great Nilfgaard War", and will destroy all opposition to her rule among the barons/other nations, becoming a better leader then even her father.

On my Iorveth run though, it basically just popped up with a "What the gently caress was wrong with you getting rid of your neutrality? Now that you got played by Nilfgaard the North is super hosed! At least the nonhumans will be free to live under the totalitarian regime of the Emhyr, a man who wants to kill you so he can sleep with your/his daughter!"

If they are going for two entirely different paths good on them I guess, but I wonder if they'll just pull another Triss/Shani and make one canon for the future battles.

Remember that the Witcher 2 pretty much decided peoples choices in a way they preferred. The game comes off as assuming everyone went Triss, though not overtly

They could also just set up the third game to make the changes neutralized, as well.
Vergen getting conquered, for example, would allow the developers to avoid having to deal with it. Both Roche and Iorveth survive the game. Saskia is the main decision that would probably be like Triss in the Witcher 2

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

etalian posted:

This quest is really hilarious since once of stored dreams is a wet dream fantasy of Saskia from some random peasant.

What was up with the Iorveth dream? I can't remember if anyone figured it out

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

The Witcher 1's hole of boring is the swamp and if you know that going in I think it'll be easier to get through. The swamp is really awkwardly paced and designed and can leave you really confused. When you get to the swamp the game slows down and it picks up right after you get finished with it.

I love The Witcher 1 but that part is something I always tell people asking about it. You can play 2 if you get stuck again, though. There's a similar amnesia thing going on so they'll have enough exposition to keep you from getting lost. If you really get into The Witcher 2 and want more Witcher then you can play 1 after because it doesn't really give away much of the plot from The Witcher 1 in 2.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Aurubin posted:

Seems an odd choice for an open world game, interested to see what this means.

It might be referring to long distance travel to keep it feeling kind of believable. Get a horse or walk and you can start running again when you get in combat? That sounds like the type of thing that they'd need to tweak constantly to keep it from getting annoying but I like the idea.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Dreylad posted:

There's no way this game is out this year...right?

I think I read they're planning for 2014 so there's a decent chance it'll end up being 2015.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Sorry to bump this thread with a 2 year old tech support question but does the connection error in the Witcher 2's launcher matter now? I installed the game to replay it and I can't remember the trick to get that working anymore and it's been so long that searching around leads to like a dozen different fixes. Does it matter like it did at launch for DLC or did they remove that requirement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Rirse posted:

Same here, the register and login have disappeared upon refreshing so there no way to grab it right now if you weren't login.

The download isn't working anyway. I'm reading that people who were mid-download lost their progress and when I went to try it just doesn't load.

• Locked thread