Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Holy gently caress, mystery solved. My friend once called the coast guard on a suspected body at like 6 am off Montauk Lighthouse, he said it looked like it had a fishing pole.

I just came to brag about this year's crop of largemouths in my back pond. Hope the osprey don't eat them all this year.

So pretty! Silver biting on silver, just a cheap spinnerbait with albino shad softbody. Caught 2 like that over my lunch break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Working at summer camp, teaching kids 6-12 to pond-fish off a dock with bamboo poles. It started with saftey, aka "I know these look like fun play sword but if I catch any of you swinging these around like an idiot you are in time-out and never fishing again" and "hooks are super sharp and hard to remove and I hate going to the hospital for any reason don't be dumb here is how you respect and use them".

Catching a few bluegill and one catfish on bread and hot dogs. Some of the more advanced kids are starting to bring their own poles in, and I have them work around the perimeter of the pond, practice casting, and avoiding weeds and snags. I'm starting to teach everyone basic knots and how to bait your own hook as well. My favorite is this one really neurotic 6 year old, seriously has issues about bugs and birds and chickens (problem, as this is Farm Camp), terrified of everything. Loves fishing though, not afraid at all to touch the fish (if i'm holding it) or bait her own hook.

Pond fishing rocks. Everyone's having a great time.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

extra stout posted:

That sounds pretty great. Now you just have to step their gill game up, get them on berkley maggots, and teach them how to hit a bluegill on the head and fillet it.

It's a farm. We have the real wriggling thing, which I am constantly fighting with gravel and DE it the feed areas. loving flieeessss.

coyo7e posted:

I really, really hope you're using barbless. Sounds like a blast, though! :)

Unbarbed and re-sharpened them all myself.

I picked up some tiny marabou jigs at my favorite tackle shop for like, a quarter each, the kids can get a little more active with their fishing now that I can trust some of them not to fling the poles around like idiots.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

coyo7e posted:

It sounds like you're fishing a private resort or something, so you may jut call the place up and ask them what kind of rig they recommend - most likely they'll say "anything works because the fish are all tame,"

Never in all my years of rolling up with my family to random RV parks and 'resorts' and camping places with stocked ponds and lakes and rivers to fish, have I ever heard of 'Tame Fish'.

Mostly I heard "Don't kill yourself, here's the stuff we got, Wal-Mart has more. Good Luck"

Except at Tropical Palms in Old Town, they just said "Watch out for and never feed the Gators".

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

LingcodKilla posted:

About 10 minutes of work. It took me longer to set up the poles and chairs than it did to catch these goobers.

Haha. That's awesome. I guess I'm just so used to dealing with picky mid-day bluegill.

Took kids fishing again today, we've moved two of the bamboo poles on to having fluffy marabou jigs, and the kids just bop them up and down. Some are better at it then others. It's a little more active then just bobber watching. Also, the kids who bring their own poles are allowed off the dock and fish the bank. One of the kids caught the TINIEST little largemouth on a silver action tail minnow soft bait I gave him out of my kit. It was adorable.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

bunnielab posted:

Tiny bass posse checking it!

That is like a #6 or 8 hook and one of those super small trout magic floats. It's maybe the size of an acorn.

That is my first bass as well :buddy:

TINY BASS CREW JUNIOR MEMBER

Not my kid, so face is smiley'd out. He was super proud of that fish though, first one he ever caught on his own without help or anyone telling him what to do.

I was also misremebering who had what, he got that little sucker on a 1.5in silver Freshwater Shad and a split-shot on a 6 hook. Which I just bought 50 of, because I use 6's ALL THE TIME. I let them pick their own soft baits from my little collection. But that have to stick with the same one all day. Fortunately, just about all my soft baits are 'crappie' size for bluegills.

... And they all come from the dollar bin.

I'm gonna try that wacky worm rig next time I get a moment to cast.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 12, 2015

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
When I hear 'rod float' I just want to jam my spinny in a pool noodle and huck it off a dock

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I hold my rod in my hands relatively lightly, since I use such light tackle. Like you'd hold a golf club, almost, with the fingers rather than the palms.

I was fishing at a friend of dad's property, catfish and largemouth, when one of the friend's super-muscular field trial dogs whammed me in the knee and knocked me right down in the dirt. I was okay, and really only starting to feel it now, but all I could think of while fishing the rest of the day was,
"I used to be a fisherman like you, until I took a Labrador to the knee" :sterv:

Oh well. Caught an ol' mess of cats, fried 'em up for dinner. Dad was no help, saying he was 'too old' to start learning how to clean fish.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

LingcodKilla posted:

Wow Florida is kinda dumb.

Why yes. Florida is in fact, super loving dumb.

But the weather is nice.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

coyo7e posted:

You're lucky, I know someone who got a compound fracture that pierced out of the skin, from being blindsided by a dog at the off leash park. She had to have major reconstructive surgery and was on crutches for months. It pretty much destroyed her knee as well.

Ow!

I work with children and goats, so I know to stand with my knees bent. That's probably what saved me from serious injury. Knee is sore, but some ibproufin and a catfish po boy will set me right.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

The Dregs posted:

Have any of you guys ever fished Allatoona lake in North Georgia? I have been taking my son there for the last two weeks, as it is the only real spot to fish that I know of within an hour or so. We have tried everything (I am not a good fisherman, I get my info from the internet). Soft lures, hard top and bottom lures, various live bait, spinners, poo poo I don't even know what the name of it is. Different chums. We have managed to catch 2 4" bluegills in about 5 outings.

Is this lake dead, or do we need to up our game some more?

What time are you fishing? What location on the lake? What are the light conditions (sunny, overcast, rainy, ect)? Are you fishing on open water or over/under cover? Are you on a boat or on shore?

Looking online, Lake Allatoona seems to be undergoing the Allatoona Reservoir Habitat Improvement Program since 2002. There's maps of the locations of the fish attractors and habitat improvements they've sunk at http://www.georgiawildlife.com/node/208. Also, it's bluegill breeding season here in the south, so look for those sandpit holes in the shallows, and fish over those with small hooks and tiny baits like wax worms or Gulp! Maggots. That's what I've had luck with getting the big eating size ladies up off the nests. That, or a nice spinner across their nose.

I've fished similar reservoirs, and know how frustrating it can be. Holy carp, y'all supposed to be dumb bluegills, why is this so hard.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

gamera009 posted:

My wife is an avid fisher-person. She just doesn't seem to do well with the spincast. She fly-fishes though, so I figured the bait cast would do her well.

Get her a bullwhip tipped with a trident. Whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh

Wandering Orange posted:

EDIT: This muskie was under our boathouse in four feet of 84-degree water last week. Hard to estimate size but the measuring stick seemed to indicate 4ft+ when we laid it on the water above him. Thing was like 10in wide at the mouth. We left it alone to not stress it out and didn't go swimming the rest of the day...

Aw, good for you. Honestly, just watching the fish is sometimes better fun then the catching. Hence why I love the pond tanks at Bass Pro Shops.

If I could have a pond aquarium with just like, bluegill and pumpkinseeds, I would. But man that would have to be huge. I'd feel bad if I stuffed them in a tiny tank.

\/\/ Ducks are poo poo i'd much rather have muskies in my pond then rapist assholes\/\/

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 2, 2015

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Athanatos posted:

Does anywhere near New Orleans offer Pier fishing or such that is just a walk-up, pay a fee and fish? Rod/Reel rental would be a plus. Only going to be be in New Orleans a few hours so I was hoping to find an all inclusive pier, just walk up pay something and go.

And as a sort of secondary question: Anyone in that area want to boat down to mile 0 on the Mississippi river and pick up a kayaker on Saturday?

I was hoping to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get a fishing charter that would head out that direction, but they are all pricey as gently caress.

Ooh, I want to know about this too, I might spend a few days there to visit friends, but they work during the day. I'd love to kill a morning fishing.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Well, in Florida, the day-rate peirs and fish camps also cover your fishing licence if you don't have one. Like, you're buying a very cheap single day out of state licence. It's like 4 bucks. And they all have cheap beer in the bait fridge. So it's a great option for tourists.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Athanatos posted:

In Florida you can walk right up, pay 5 bucks and fish. No bothering paying for a fishing licenses it's all covered under your "rental" fee. I was hoping for something like that in New Orleans and my google searches didnt come up with anything but fishing spots and expensive charters. Was hoping we had a local in the thread.

Yeah, those are fantastic and exactly what I was looking for.

I'm sorry I broke your fishing thread rules, coyo7e.

Yeah and I just googled a bunch of variants of "New Orleans Fishing Rod Rental -charter" and the only relevant thing that I found is that there's a campground at Disney that rents cane poles.

Try calling a bait shop in the area, Athanatos. The only public fishing area I know of is City Park, which looks like a really cool place.

edit: I got bored and called a bait shop. There are public piers, like the old I-10 Twin Span in Slidell, one at the Lake Ponchitrain Causeway that I cant find any info on, and one place called Bonnabel Boat Launch (http://bonnabelboatlaunch.com/) in Metairie, but the dude at the shop said that it's a deadzone because the salinity's dropped so bad. None of these places have bait shops or rod rentals.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 12, 2015

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

ChrisHansen posted:

Is there a subscription type of lure thing like mystery tackle box that any of you can recommend for freshwater fishing? I mostly fish a local reservoir that's got large and smallmoth bass, pickerel, bluegill, perch etc. I had mystery tackle box for a while a couple years ago and now that I'm back in a position to fish more often i was thinking about getting another subscription. I know they also give out promotional refer-a-friend type stuff, so PM me if you have any discount code thing like that.

What's wrong with the thrill of digging through the Clearance Bin at Gander? Because that's where I get all my best stuff. And my best stuff is this ridiculous collection of soft body frogs I keep buying and never loosing.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

stealie72 posted:

I've never used one so I can't vouch for them, but you may want to look at a float tube for that long of walk.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse.cmd?N=1100575

PYOAC, Pack Your Own Armchair. Those always looked so darn comfortable.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

coyo7e posted:

I don't remember if it was in this thread or another forum, but I've seen posts from people who surf fish by literally putting on flippers and a drysuit, then swimming out off of jetties and poo poo.

Ah yes, 'Skishing'. I saw a guy doing that off of Montauk Point and we nearly called the Coast Guard on him. But someone at the lighthouse told us it was okay, the dude was just crazy.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

gay picnic defence posted:

A compost bin in the back yard would probably be all you need to grow your own worms, and you'll get compost for the garden out of it too.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo wait

You need a worm bin. A compost bin gets way too hot. You'll fry your worms. Look into setting up a Vermiculture bin. It stays cool in the summer, warm in the spring. Vermicultures also provide worm casings, which are great compost, and millions of worms.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Everything in the dollar bin

Some of it's shity, some of it will be your favorite thing ever.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I don't fish with anything I'd be sad to loose. I also buy some tackle just because it's pretty. My tackle box has a strange segregation between nice tackle still on the card, and dollar bin poo poo tangled in snarled line I need to properly dispose of.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

rndmnmbr posted:

So my question, what do you want to see in a successful bait shop selling to both serious fishers and the casual boat-and-beach crowd? I've been a part of management for a convenience store, so I've got a good idea of what the general consumer wants in a small store, but I've never worked in a store near a lake. What else could he sell that would help him stay in business and make money?

I always like it when a bait shop also has a shelf for clip-on sunglasses, towels/shammies, sunscreen, bug stuff, chap stick, and other things my idiot self forgets to bring or has gone off. Oh, and those re-usable shopping totes, those are always great. I don't mind paying an extra dollar or two either over the box-store prices either for my idiocy.

Beer, sodas, mints, candy, salty snacks.

edit: Insulated bags.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Sep 27, 2015

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Shooting sealions on anything but an industrial scale won't do poo poo about getting them away from your fish. Same with coyotes. Hell, shooting coys makes them repopulate FASTER, because they reach equilibrium with natural causes of death, but when holes open up in the population, mamma coys pop out massive litters to take advantage of the resources.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Another fine day of angler education. Half of these kids never fished before, they were pulling up bluegills with bamboo poles :3

https://imgur.com/bmvlHJZ

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Was Kraft Singles the bait? I remember as a child I had great success catching 20+ sunfish with balls of Kraft Singles Cheese on a hook. Best weekend of fishing in my entire life.

Hot dog. Taught them how to bait their own hooks, then kiss the fish and say thank you and let them go in less then a minute out of the water.
I held and unhooked the fish though, the bluegill spines can be nasty.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Yond Cassius posted:

I'm now imagining some fisherman offering a fish a nip of brandy to ease the soreness before letting it go with a few kind words and an encouraging pat on the head.

Is'nt there one famous British carp people loved catching so much that they made a memorial of him when he died?

Edit: jeezuz u guis http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ory-Museum.html

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 28, 2016

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Ohnonotme posted:

I live on Loch Erne, a lake famous in Northern Ireland for trout, salmon and pike. But I cannot catch fish for poo poo - not even a nibble.

Yeah, the fish hate you. Ask the kid what illegal pop culture drugs he's attracting salmon with.

Just came home from a LIONFISH BLAST. It's where spear fishermen see who can kill the most (invasive awful destroying black bass stocks) lionfish in two days, then the local colleges come and help fillet the fish and take the carcasses for study. Then the fillets are cooked up and served for free to an adoring public. Oh, and swag and two dolla beers for sale. I am full of lionfish ceviche and fry. I also bought a t-shirt and coozie. Nom nom I gotta learn to spearfish.

Look at this big bastard: https://imgur.com/OnWKlTZ

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 14, 2016

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Enigma posted:

Cool, where at?

The local Whole Foods (So. Florida) just started stocking lion fish too. Haven't tried it myself because I have no idea how to prepare it.

The Lionfish Blast was at Brown's Creek Fish Camp. They're catching the bastards all over the Florida reefs though.

https://www.facebook.com/events/627751204060578/

You prepare it like shrimp, it seems. Quickly!

edit: And this is my new favorite t-shirt. Googly mofo dont know what hit him.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 15, 2016

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Good thing there are sharks in rivers too! NATURE IS AMAZING.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/07/0719_050719_bullsharks_2.html

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Wooooooo, it's my birthday! Got the day half off, gonna go to the local fish camp, drop a few bucks on a new rod and reel, and fish today! Nothing fancy, just looking to get a new economical setup I can use for baitcasting off their dock. Perfect weather today too, overcast and cool (for florida).

Edit: got windy and Thundery about an hour after the tide started running, and crabs stole all my bait. Picked up a new uglystik combo. We tempted to get the stupid but funny battery powered glow-in-the-dark eagle claw rod, but good sense helped me resist.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 17, 2016

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

I am not a book posted:

Wife called me up at work yesterday: "Baby, let's go fishing this evening."
Went out after work, got our licenses, and then hit the lake. She managed to drag in a few nice sunnies but I was going for bass with a silver spoon and got absolutely no bites. Great time though!

But you still got one keeper :3:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

slavatuvs posted:

This eldritch leviathan of a carp has moved into the stretch of the river I fish in and has been chilling there for the better part of a week.

That might be a triploid grass carp. They get introduced into ponds and rivers for weed control. They're sterile, so they don't take the place over, but they're good at mowing. They are super huge, but also super chill. I was sad when the one in my pond died.

http://imgur.com/9lSW8Lb

That one was probably 8 to 11 years old when she died.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 29, 2016

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I dont think getting stuck on rebar would be that bad. Honestly, I think the trouble would be more from snags and fouling on the same stuff that catches lures in the first place, like giant logs or dumped toilets.

Idea. Electromagnet! If it gets stuck, just turn it off / disconnect it. Bonus stunned fish.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

TheDon01 posted:

Pike? You mentioned gummysharks so I'm guessing your maybe southern hemisphere? What are your kind of pike? The ones we call pike up here are freshwater and almost always in lakes.

Yeah, those are ::inhale:: The Australian barracuda, arrow barracuda, Australian sea pike, sea pike, snook, or shortfin barracuda. Sphyraena novaehollandiae, so most definitely in the barracuda family.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

gay picnic defence posted:

A lot of our fish (and other things) are named after European species they have no relation to because the early settlers thought they looked the same. For example, Australian Salmon (Arripis trutta), whiting (Sillaginidae) and Murray cod (Maccullochella peelii).

Yeah, I was trying to remember some specific examples for that. Your wrens are robins and your robins are chats ( and thrushes!)

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jun 27, 2016

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

LingcodKilla posted:

That looks like a fancy butt plug.

That describes a LOT of fishing lures.

Tailed butt plug

Double ended butt plug

Fancy butt plug

Beaded butt plug

Dangerous butt plug

TERRIFYING butt plug

Abandon all hope ye who butt plug here

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jul 10, 2016

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

LowPartz posted:

Good luck. Watch your fingers on braids. A knot tug to tighten will cut you where mono wouldn't. My right index finger has a permanent cut from March to November!

I myself am working on one of those sick tooth grooves where I cut fishing and tighten fishing line. Just like my ancestors! The best kind of tribal tattoo.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Atticus_1354 posted:

The float idea sounds like this. I found this while looking for the other picture so I have no advice about it. But I may try it for catfish.

poo poo, wish I knew about that rig on Sunday when I was at the dock. Crabs kept stealing my bait. I'll have to try it next time.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

LingcodKilla posted:

Yes that's what my friend the halibut scientist was telling me. They are taking the up the slack from the targeted reduced halibut population. There's no solution to the mush factor unless it could be used in the surimi market but pollock is still number one with the processors.

Quick, say they cure impotence if eaten sashimi-style!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Motronic posted:

Welp, was just a matter of time before someone did this I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iba7kCnkFos

So many drones will be dragged to a watery grave now.

Should have gotten a weight on it and submitted it for record contention.