Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I feel like the ATV's colour output is not the best. Everything looks a but washed out, like if the color saturation was too low. Everything else I play through the TV looks great. Is there any way to calibrate the ATV at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know if there is any way to increase XBMC's buffer size when streaming? Because of how my place is laid out, I have to rely on wireless and the ATV doesn't get the best connection ever (fluctuates between a 5-10 Mbps sustained download), so I often get buffering pauses.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
So is XBMC (on the ATV) usually poo poo at streaming via WIFI? I thought it was just a signal problem, but I have it about 10ft from the router now, with the computer which has the file hooked up to the router via Ethernet, but the ATV never seems to pull more than 3-5mbps, which leads to pretty much constant buffering.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

golgo13sf posted:

Wireless N?

G, but still, not even close to maxing out the signal.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
seas0npass for 5.2 is out!

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/02/14/how-to-jailbreak-ios-6-1-5-2-apple-tv-2/

Right on time for me since I was forced to upgrade after my ATV2 stopped booting for no reason.

Anyone have any Skin recommendations for XBMC on the ATV2?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

It WAS really easy. After the update it got downgraded to "fairly easy".

I'm kind of a noob at these things and I got it figured out within an attempt or two...

I think the main barrier of entry now is that you're required to actually have the mini-usb cable to upload the certificates, which is kind of a pain in the rear end because I can't seem to find the one loving cable I had.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

How do you not have like 8 billion of each kind of micro & mini usb?

As I started using more and more Apple devices, I'd give them away/loan them/lose them and never actually replaced them. I'm pretty sure I ended up giving my last one to my girlfriend because it worked with her Samsung phone.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Are Apple TV remotes interchangeable or is each one tied to a specific device?

I recently bought an ATV3 for my dad and kept his old ATV2 for myself, but I'm starting to think that I might have grabbed the wrong remote because the one I have at home won't work. I can see the ATV white light blink when I press a button, but nothing happens.

I can still use my iPhone as a remote, so it's not a big deal.

I haven't tried reinstalling the ATV's software yet, since I'd rather not lose my jailbreak, so I'm hoping someone else has an answer.

Edit: obviously I'll try swapping back the remotes the next time I'm at my dad's house, but I'm hoping for a more immediate solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Can an ATV 2 be downgraded from the newer firmwares to older ones?

I know iPhones and iPads can't, but I don't know if it's the same for the ATV 2. Google is giving me conflicting answers.

• Locked thread