Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
naive set theory is good enough for most things imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

how!! posted:

Whats so special about loops? Functional languages don't even have loops.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
I kind of "understand" you. There ARE clearly many benefits in using a database. I can see that. Yet, I think I just fail to see where not using it at all will be a problem for me. I can visualize myself saving all my data on disk and loading it, without ever having a problem. I think this is the problem: I see why it's "good", but why it's "necessary"? Mainly giving how MUCH, MUCH faster it is to manipulate data from memory rather than querying a database all the time. It seems like a cost that is not paid at all, even after the benefits.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

lol.

it's not a new york thing. it's because it's white collar, professional work. you're not union. you don't work in a factory.

you can say "that's not in my job description" but that will get you fired, and rightfully so. if an employer is willing to ask you to do something humiliatingly far outside your job description, you should quit. if you're enough of an rear end in a top hat to talk about "stipulations" in your non-existent "contract" you should be fired

that's how professional jobs fuckin work.

sorry abt your bad country