Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

is this like the N word but even worse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

jit bull transpile posted:

Why don't we just go with "all slurs are bad" and not be babies about it.

because we don’t go all “ALL lives matter” about it either, now do we?

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

using the phrase “R word” like it was nothing is cultural appropriation and offensive:

“SV may be a little bit ‘TechBros before Negros’ but we smart and 95% white people have our own single-letter slur word so those blacks can’t have it that bad”
- you, literally

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

Brain Candy posted:

if you're serious, it's still 99% white basically by tautology

because whiteness is nothing other than the signifier of acceptance, a mark of being 'good'. it's not an identity, but an anti-identity that says you aren't one of 'those' people. what you are seeing is asians now becoming white, like italians and the irish became white

if that makes idea of assimilation seem a whole hell of a lot more sinister, well, it should

this is why I put “smart” in-front of “95% white” in my tirade, as I think having enough smartness to be one of the TechBros is the main differentiator here rather than skin color

smartness is also why being called “retarded” is such an effective slur against a computer toucher as it straight-up threatens to take away the privilege that the smart computer toucher has been enjoying

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

jit bull transpile posted:

You do understand that it's demeaning to people with intellectual disabilities to use a slur for them to describe stupid people right? It's not your word to use, and it's not cool to compare dumbasses on the internet to people with disabilities as an insult.

Shaggar figured this out without having to literally have his hand held like a dumb whiny baby but apparently you treasure this word so dearly you are willing to keep dragging this poo poo out.

you still seem to ascribe some sort of defender-of-a-slur role to me. I think you, being a smart computer toucher, should realize better and I think you should go and reread what it was that I actually objected to. hint: it was the use of the term “r-word” (a derivative of “the n-word”) as a stand-in for the word “retarded”, a practice which, if silently approved, would falsely equate “the n-word” and the word “retarded” and in doing so say that being born with mental retardation were in any shape or form comparable to having been born black.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Facetime
Apr 18, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

shut up dipshit

itym pigfucker