Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Professional Procrastinator
if you use anything except a string or a symbol (in a good plang) as a key you deserve to fail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

and yet you index your arrays with integers hmmm?

whats an array

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

one or our unis here uses racket for intro classes and everyone ive talked to that took that program despises it what makes me think it was the right choice

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

common lisp is fun Im just getting back into it and its nice being able to install any feature I might want as a library. wanted pattern matching and algebraic data types and its just one download away

cant imagine working with it as a job for the same reasons

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

I really love awk for quick text processing tasks. Not having real csv support until 2023 (and I dont think gnu awk has it yet?) sucked but I think I'll use it more now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neosloth
Sep 5, 2013

DELETE CASCADE posted:

csv support? does it handle quoted newlines?

Yeah
https://github.com/onetrueawk/awk?tab=readme-ov-file#csv