Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qhat posted:

Comedy option: use Perl

alive and well. It does what it's intended to do.

That being said, i'm as much instructor as i am script kiddie these days, so I do things in py or ruby so these kids can have some takeaway knowledge. i'm fully aware that perl chops are only worth money when somebody needs a dick to stick in some legacy peanut butter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the most beautiful thing to me was being shown "the master VCL" which is what controls the baseline operation of our Varnish, and.....it's got huge blocks of ASM. Nothing else is fast enough

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
This is the point in code discussion when the rest of us just amble back for another round because yall are on your bullshit again

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we will return to the table when somebody explains in < 1kB what a monad is. assume ascii 8 bit

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this is interesting now thx

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

they still could, they'd just have to do it in their CDN instead of the database.

lol

ok shags

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

CDNs definitely don't deliver content differently by source or destination so its clearly impossible

we are not a web hosting service. if you ever work for a company big enough to need a cdn it'll all become clear

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ok shags

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i have a tb2 closer and its good if i dont need to carry much stuff

if i do need to haul poo poo i use my super commuter spec ogio ugly backpack. its p good tho tbh. between that and my bike saddlebags i can get a week of groceries np