Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Brain Candy posted:

Object. all C# types are Objects

what about pointer types

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

gabensraum posted:

any of you used mattermost for team chat? http://www.mattermost.org

i quite like slack except that i need something self hosted, and this seems to do the job. my dev team currently uses a jabber server for basic group chat but we're keen for something a with more bells and whistles. was looking at hipchat server since we already use jira and confluence but it gets expensive when your team is bigger than ten people.

yes i will just test it myself but you'll save me half a day if anyone has any dealbreakers to share

if you are already using jira and confluence just go with hipchat imo, pick up stash too

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Blotto Skorzany posted:

what? you don't need a bouncer or any of that poo poo. let your irc client live in a screen/tmux/whatever session in your vps, boom done

having this work reliably for an entire team would be a lot of extra work

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Blotto Skorzany posted:

i don't see what's hard about setting that up for a team but i'll take your word for it since i don't cj, but what 'setting up' does screen take

you install it and then run the command. i think it already comes installed on most distros anyways

there are a ton of hoops to jump through, including knowing how to use screen and irssi and spending the time to configure them correctly

hipchat/slack is just install on whatever os/ur phone and click go

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Shaggar posted:

from the JavaScriptSerializer docs

lol.

:dukedog:

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

fleshweasel posted:

flexbox is pretty good so just use that for layout and lots of divs and it'll be fine

flexbox makes css usable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Snapchat A Titty posted:

lmao gtfo with that css trash

its trash but its the only thing weve got