Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Misc

We didn't have a general chat thread, and now we do! Come talk poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

What sort of styles do you want to do? That'll mostly determine what software you want.

Krita is way better than PS for drawing/painting, and super-configurable, but it kinda sucks at text editing. It's free, though!

Gimp is offbrand photoshop (also free!), though iirc it's not so great at brushwork (that might have changed), focusing more on photo editing, transforms, etc.

Between the two, you should be able to do anything PS can do.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Agreed, manga studio is good for non-weeb stuff. I think they've changed the name to 'clip studio' in later versions, to shake the weeb association.

Glad you like Krita, I love it. Love how I can get my control freak on and have everything set up just right.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3527487&pagenumber=1 our own work-for-hire thread!

If not that, Fiverr is alright I've heard. I'm not aware of anywhere that can sort by style, though.

Artdome did a book cover challenge a couple of weeks back, maybe you can see someone to your taste there. What style are you looking for?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Krita really doesn't do text well, it's my biggest issue with it.