Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Sylink posted:

Is there a good website or book with a study regimen for learning to draw/sketch?

I want to eventually get into some painting but obviously need other chops first. I know you can just basically say " DRAW DRAW DRAW" but I need something structured along the lines of "ok today we work on this type of shading draw the following" with examples and tips on technique.

I made this post for another thread, but it works for you, too

quote:

I would strongly recommend taking at least an introductory drawing course at your local community college, but if you can't afford it, or don't have the time I can recommend this book

Which is a great introduction to drawing. It doesn't really have any information that other drawing books don't, but it does have a series of assignments and lessons (a couple hundred of them, actually) which will provide you with the structure you need to advance your skills, especially in the beginning.
Click the pic for amazon link.

Humboldt Squid fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU