Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pudding Tame
Jan 14, 2008

Shaddak posted:

I can understand why they'd want to go in a different direction with Klingons, assuming they're in the movie. Problem is, though, they've already established that Enterprise is the only series that still holds true (in this alternate timeline, anyway). So, unless the Klingons quickly figured some cure for the modified augment virus, they should still be flat-headed.

Going by that Enterprise episode not all the Klingons should be flat-headed, just a sizable chunk of the population that was exposed to the virus that the Klingon's unwittingly created when they tried to make their own Augments.

Having two types of Klingons, especially if one group is an ostracized minority, does create some interesting story possibilities if the people who are guessing that the Klingons are the ones who discover the Botany Bay in the new timeline are right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pudding Tame
Jan 14, 2008

Timby posted:

I know that TrekMovie.com reported him being in it like a year and a half ago, but that was also around the time that they said the villain was Khan and the Klingons were going to be major bad guys.

Something I just thought of...what if Cumberbatch is a Klingon?

Pudding Tame
Jan 14, 2008

Goreld posted:

If Abrams did something crazy like made Klingons into human offshoots to mirror the Romulan/Vulcan reveal in TOS... it would be worth it just for the insane Trekkie outcry.

I always felt that Klingons post-TOS turning into space cavemen was incredibly stupid.

I'm thinking more along the Augment storyline from Enterprise, which should technically still be cannon in JJTrek.

• Locked thread