Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.

Ferrinus posted:

See, doesn't that fit perfectly as sincere gratuitousness masquerading as ironic/satirical gratuitousness, though? Haha, yeah, this woman's totally tough and strong and way too cool for me! As she complies completely with my expectations with regards to her on-screen presentation and actions. Man, I am totally reacting maturely to this smokin' babe in her underwear that Star Trek has provided for me - exam passed.

But ... that's not really it at all. She wants to change her clothes. she asks Kirk to look the other way, lke an adult.

He fails and get... irritation."sincere gratuitousness" would be her posing for him for no reason, or her acually falling for him or her being introduced as a "good girl" that then turns out to be a sex maniac, or pretty much anything else other then what we got.

It's a woman in a bra. They exist. Even in space. The joke is that Kirk is asked to respect her and fails because he needs to grow up. He couldn't handle being the the same room as a girl changing clothes. How does that not reflect poorly on him?

What are "my expectations with regards to her on-screen presentation and actions" btw? Because I would have expected her to be a love intrest and for her to fall for Kirk and well... that diden't really happen.

I guess the question to the people who didn't like the scene is: what should have been different? What could have been different but still give of the same message as that scene did?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread