Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Could not separate Karl Urban from Judge Dredd. Film took on some weird twists as a result. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Does anyone actually know what the argument's about anymore.

MisterBibs posted:

Oh, and something else I kind of liked: Khan ends the film in cyro, smiling. Why? Because he's found that his family isn't dead, and being in cyro with them is better than being alone and awake. :unsmith:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. It was a really sweet touch and despite everything that had happened, there was some level of satisfaction seeing that expression. :unsmith:

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 10:18 on May 16, 2013

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So did JJ Abrams block out other ethnicities from applying for the role or have I missed something about TrekGate. AbramsGate. StarGate.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

MikeJF posted:

Did you, uh, miss the scene where they phoned Leonard Nimoy and he was all 'Oh god, Khan Noonien Singh. What an rear end in a top hat.

Also, Nimoy's reaction to hearing the name Khan was a single spectacular second that out-acted the entire rest of the movie.

Speaking of the second line, I kind of half-hope Nimoy wasn't told what was coming and just had to deal with it. Ridiculous thought, but even so I believe it to be true... :allears:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Maybe you old farts did, but this is the new younger, fresher, funkier generation. :c00lbert:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

McSpanky posted:

The only reason this topic is a potential spoiler is because the producers cowardly dodged the whole issue by cloaking the character's true identity and hiding it behind the spoiler curtain. The Last Airbender taught Hollywood a valuable lesson about whitewashing: pull the ol' switcheroo next time, by the time anyone takes notice they'll be too gorged on tits n' 'splosions to give a gently caress. Worked like a charm.

Are you seriously saying that Abrams' efforts with the film is a conspiracy to keep minorities down, dude.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Film sucks. My terrorist isn't brown enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
My personal opinions about the underwear scene aside, it's kind of hilarious because I've seen people complain about how it's objectifying, etc, in newspapers and online...right next to screenshots specifically taken at the point to show off her body to its fullest extent. :v:

• Locked thread