Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So, since McCoy was able to artificially synthesize Khan's super blood and it brought a dead man back to life, I'm assuming that in the year that passed the Federation devoted it's entire R&D budget to producing macro quantities of that magic serum so no human every has to deal with an illness or injury ever again.

As a point of order, since this is the movie discussion, why are we spoilering everything? Are people really going to come into this thread to talk about a movie they haven't seen and freak out when the plot is ruined for them? I didn't see anything in the OP but given update 2 it's pretty obvious anyone reading it can figure out the plot twist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
As a Star Trek fan to the extent of watching TNG, DS9, and VOY reruns pretty consistently over the course of my younger years, I have to say I did not like all the references, call backs, and "homages" to the classic movies and shows. Section 31 obviously gave them a great plot point to work with but everything else was unnecessary. You didn't even need Khan to be in the movie, Benedict could've just been S:31's pet project genetically engineered using samples from Khan's recovered body to make a new superhuman if they wanted a reference to WoK without basing the entire plot around it.

I have a friend who knows almost nothing about Star Trek other then seeing the first JJ Abrams movie, and he said he'd see it and tell me what he thought, so maybe as a stand alone move without a frame of reference other then Star Trek 2009 it a good movie, but I as far as I'm concerned this is proof that after every good ST movie comes a poo poo one.

• Locked thread