Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

I was hoping they wouldn't go with Khan and do something that was actually original instead of just a "re-imaging" of the old story. I'm sure this will be entertaining -- the cast was just about perfect the last time around.

Also, if anyone is unfamiliar with Benedict Cumberbatch, he plays Sherlock Holmes in the BBC series Sherlock. Terrific series, and he plays the role brilliantly. I have complete faith in his ability to act against Pine -- he'll be a great contrast: a very sharp, calculating edge to Kirk's more gung-ho, brute force approach (assuming they are going to play it like that).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

Glad to see we are continuing the adventures of Jim "I live my life a quarter lightyear at a time" Kirk & Co.

In all fairness, this looks like it could have been a cool episode of the show, probably even a two-parter since the Enterprise gets destroyed. They need to just stop making movies and put it on Netflix or HBO or something. God help the CBS version.

• Locked thread