Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

ImpAtom posted:

Of course he is. He's Chekov. He's so awesome that Khan remembered him despite him not being around in that episode.

Yeah they did, Chekov was hogging the toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Young Freud posted:

Dude, look at that poo poo. Whatever plasma leak happened vaporized most of his suit and burned the flesh underneath it in short order. Even Scotty is banged up and bloodied.

I'm surprised you didn't get this from Memory Alpha as well, but Peter Preston is one of Scotty's nephews. Scotty has even more reason to be upset at losing someone under his command, especially when it's his blood.

He mentions in the movie that hes his nephew. I always choke up a bit at that scene, such a bummer, it also shows James Doohans acting chops.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Kingtheninja posted:

I guess I just mean the command color shirt then.

Kirk rarely ever wears a shirt in the original series, it gets in the way of his double fisted punches.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Aatrek posted:

It's an international poster designed to show off the actors. Don't worry too much about it.

Yet again, the not gays as said by Mr. Plinkett.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Art Alexakis posted:

In Star Trek 6 Captain Kirk is fighting a big monster. McCoy says "that's it Jim, you've got him where you want him" and then the monster throws Captain Kirk into a pile of burning trash.

It's the bedside manner speaking.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
I think originally he didn't know if he wanted to give them ridges or not, at least that is what I remember hearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

egon_beeblebrox posted:

I like TMP a lot, but it deserves the poo poo it gets. I don't have good taste.

I have a fairly fond memory of watching TMP while on LSD, made me feel like the director and production crew were high as balls during the shoot and editing, it is a fantastic movie if you are into that sort of thing, I highly recommend it. I don't care how long it is, to this day the initial reveal of the Enterprise still gives me a goosebumps, of course I am one of those oddballs that feels like the Enterprise itself is one of the main characters and I am getting pretty tired or the "let's destroy it"" mentality. Hell, the backlash against replacing the Enterprise with the Excelsior in the third movie is what caused them not to go that route and just keep going with the current Enterprise, this one being the A. Other movies that are fun to watch whole on psychotropics are 2001, Speed Racer, The Matrix, Tron, Interstellar, The Lego Movie, and anything Monty Python.

Edit to add in Animatrix.

Throwdown fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Dec 16, 2015

• Locked thread