Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

trem_two posted:

Yeah, super post Vinestalk, thanks so much for the effort.

Topical to this thread, I've been slowly working my way through Futebol: The Brazilian Way. It covers the history by distinct chapters that tend to cover individual players across different eras, it's a cool format. For example, the first chapter covers the scattering of Brazilian players across the smaller leagues of Europe by following the first 4 Brazilian players to play in the Faroe Islands league, how they have to work in local industry to make ends meet, etc.

Good book, worth checking out if you get the chance.

That book should be a lot better than it is, tbh. Like, there's so little about Brazilian club culture or tactical history, and so much about some random amateur tournaments in the Amazon and Brazilian footballers in the Faroes or Finland; it's less a book about Brazilian football and more a book about global football through Brazil as a prism. Pretty good at that, but it lacks an interesting connecting narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
Great game, two brilliant goals, Almeyda is such a beautiful man, but most importantly: how many people died?