Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

sponge would own me in soccer :(

Polidoro posted:

In last year finals against Penarol he didn't pull any fancy poo poo. In fact, he went studs up against a Penarol player and injured him.

Injured the guy that was keeping him at bay :cry:
I hate you Neymar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

If I remember correctly Australia now plays in the Asian qualifier (and not Oceania or whatever) and now the 5th qualified team gets to play against a team from North/Central America.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

Polidoro posted:

A three-man backline is very likely because it's been used in the last couple of training sessions. If you remember Copa America at all, we started playing with three at the back and Peru (Guerrero) scored easily.

But that goal was Lugano's fault and he isn't playing!
Therefore we'll be okay...right? :ohdear:

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

Yeah, I think he's the only one alive. Apparently his condition got worse today.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

Polidoro posted:

I wanted Defensor to win it. :(

So, are you a Defensor fan?
I've been wondering what (local) club you support. You're obviously not a Peñarol fan and figured you didn't support Nacional either (which your post confirms, heh) because even though you said you hate Peñarol it didn't seem enough for a Nacional fan.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

Unless if what caused it is your team being relegated.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

Olivera was poo poo the whole game but atleast he scored.

edit: added bonus pic from the game

HolaMundo fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 20, 2013

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

Some dude trying to break Ronaldinho's leg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4-K3JUuRTU

It wasn't even a yellow :iiam:

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

Nacional and Peñarol both suck but oh boy do they have big flags!

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

A fantastic goal scored this weekend in Uruguay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew6Ezt8Wayo

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

Come on, I don't think it was our fault this time and actually most of our players were trying to calm things down instead of finding a face to punch.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

As usual, hah.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

El Hefe posted:

The pressure on Brazil must be intense, anything short of winning the World Cup would be a failure for them, they are better than most teams but they aren't better than Germany, and that's the final I want to see, Brazil - Germany.

Brazil - Uruguay final with Uruguay winning. We are kings at upsetting Brazil and Argentina :smug:

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

I wish there was some kind of football fairy which could make Defensor keep its squad after the world cup.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

Thank you, Paco.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

Uruguayan starts on 16/8.
Don't know why you would want to watch it however.

edit: doh, I never realised I wasn't on the last page when replying...

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

Seltzer posted:

What do Uruguayan's watch mainly? I assume the national league is trash (I saw the awesome commercial). Is the Argentine league popular or just something people keep tabs on? Are European leagues the most followed?

Our league gives us beautiful moments like last Saturday´s when a match was postponed for more than an hour because the visiting team´s manager and some of the players got into a fight with the police before arriving to the stadium. Manager got arrested, then released so he could go to the match and had to go back to the police station after the game.

I think a lot of people will watch whatever as Polidoro said and any european team with "high profile" uruguayan players which I guess means Atletico and Barcelona. gently caress Cavani, PSG and the french league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

Brazil has never given a gently caress about Copa America.