Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

I am the only one enjoying la U loosing 4-1 ?
Yes, Yes I am :D

Anyways after La U beat colo-colo 5-0 (I am still crying over this) I think sampaoli didn't get his players over to Ecuador in time for them to get used to the elevation. Seriously it's 2,850 m above sea level while Santiago is 520m above sea level.

Wait to the return game. If La U can hold out to a 3-0 win (which I know they can do) they will proceed to the next round of Copa Libertadores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Brandy Alexander posted:

Excellent thread Drogadon. While I'm here I'd like to point out that the top Mexican teams don't play in the Libertadores as they have to play in the CONCA-CHAMPIONS.

They use too, but then changed in 2008/09 it's same as Copa Sudamericana. I know this because pachuca won it in 2006 (I'm not bitter about this I swear)

dj_pain fucked around with this message at 12:40 on May 4, 2012

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

La u is winning 2-0 over Deportivo Quito

EDIT: 3-0 now and it's the 37 minute.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Polidoro posted:

^^^^^Oh, cmon!
U de Chile is loving killing Deportivo Quito. 3-0 at 38 mins.

Remember La U need another 2 goals to make sure they are going through to the next round.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Polidoro posted:

But if it ends 3-0 la U goes through on away goals, right?

I think it's extra time then pen shootout. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Libertadores#Rules

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Polidoro posted:

http://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regla_del_gol_de_visitante
According to that link, the U goes through.

Yeah that makes more sense.

4-0 now :|

dj_pain fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 11, 2012

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Polidoro posted:

Welp, 5-0 now.

6-0 now lol

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

I really hope we end up with a La U vs Santos final.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

hecko posted:

No la U Vs Boca, Just so Boca can beat la U.

EDIT: This is what the next round of games look like

dj_pain fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 11, 2012

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Vinestalk posted:

New Libertadores matches Wednesday and Thursday. Quarter Finals kick off with Universidad @ Libertad (6:30PM EDT) and then Corinthians @ Vasco (8:50PM EDT).

Universidad are favorites, despite playing away from home. The Brazilian tie is a little more split. The last 10 games in Rio have gone 4-2-4 with Vasco having conceded 12 goals in their last 10 home games. My money's on a draw (figurative money, not literal).

Thursday has Fluminense @ Boca (6:45PM EDT) and Santos @ Velez (9:00PM EDT).

Definitely like Boca at home, but their biggest priority should be keeping a clean sheet. The Santos game should be interesting, since their away form has been mixed. My guess is they'll walk through this game then turn it on for the home leg like they did against Bolivar.

If you can only watch one game this week? Boca. Should be a good game, especially if Flu can pick up an early goal.

I really want to watch the Boca game but work :( (In australia all these games are played around 10 AM, so it's either skip work or try to watch it while i'm working)

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Vinestalk posted:

dj_pain, sneak some Libertadores at work (but not really, don't get fired).

Last place I worked at I was by myself in a office. All I did was watch copa libertadores/Copa sudamericana and WCQ games. But now I work in a office with a lot of people. I think I will need to work from home next WCQ games (which is next month (Will this be the thread where we all turn on each other? or will it be the WCQ thread again.))

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

One thing I've realized, It sucks watching a english stream :(

EDIT: And finally boca score a goal. Also was that tevez and messi in the stands?

dj_pain fucked around with this message at 01:02 on May 18, 2012

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Drogadon posted:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel-popup/asgawtgrt211

It has annoying ads if you have to reconnect but otherwise very good

thanks I'll jump onto it now.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Vinestalk posted:

Might not have been as high scoring as Boca's previous Libertadores games, but was certainly exciting. Flu's definitely happy to only come out of that 1-0 down though.

To come out of La Bombonera losing one - nil is good. The return leg is where it's going to get messy.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Vinestalk posted:

I sat and laughed at that gif for a good couple of minutes. His face is just the most ridiculously animated thing in the world.

For those that missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5c0N0cu-cY

And yes, he does headbutt the corner flag.

Addendum: Eder Luis is a terrible, terrible player.

hahahah that goal is great!

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

getting closer to what I've predicted (la u vs santos final)

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Well let's talk WORLD CUP QUALIFICATION for CONMEBOL

As many of you know, we play a couple of games a year. Since brazil is the host and they automaticaly qualify they do not need to go through WCQ instead they are playing friendlies (which I think will end up turning against brazil but hey that's my opinion) The fifth placed team will go against the fifth place team of AFC for a world cup spot.

Here is the current table.

And here is a list of the upcoming games

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Dias posted:

Yeah, a lot of people have issues with both not playing the Qualifiers and the teams we're playing against on those friendlies. But I'm feeling like Brazil will yet again flop in the World Cup, because we haven't really revealed great players lately. Neymar is the only one that has proved himself on an international level, all of our other prospects are just that, prospects. Also, we miss Fat Ronaldo. :smith:

They other thing that has been making GBS threads me is how they won't let neymar leave brazil. He is going to get a rude awakening when he starts playing against european teams. look at barcelona vs santo game, barcelona where running rings around them.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Polidoro posted:

I agree with you dj_pain, Brazil are setting themselves up for failure with these friendlies, they aren't even playing against strong teams (they might play Argentina soon, though).
Speaking of National teams, if Uruguay beat Venezuela we(?) will climb to second place in that worthless FIFA ranking, the bad thing is we are having a difficult time beating Venezuela lately.

everyone is having problems beating Venezuela, remember copa america :(

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

bolivia 0 - chile 1. First half just over. Bolivia had a couple of great chances but bravo is on fire today.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Bolivia 0 - Chile 2

Second half was "Lets beat the crap out of sanchez". Bolivia ended up with 5 yellow cards and a straight red.

If they had a bit more discipline in their team they could of easily drawn or won. At least this puts my country men at in the top three (maybe first depending on how arg-ecu go)

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Polidoro posted:

Once again Uruguay manages to play like poo poo and complicate things, if Argentina keep playing like this they'll qualify easily and Chile's win in Bolivia sucks for us because we won't win there. Venezuela's looking pretty good too.

Looks like we'll be holding our calculators on the last day, again.

Hopefully we won't. Also it looks like borghi is continuing biels'a legacy and primarily using youth players.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Polidoro posted:

Thats what we try to do most of the time but Forlan was terrible yesterday and Cavani has never played a good game for us. He's loving terrible with the ball.

see this is the problem with Uruguay is that they will struggle in qualifying but take them to a tournament (copa america or the world cup) they will pull together and go all out.

I wish they end up coming 5th and have to play Australia to qualify (just so the Australian media can go crazy over this)

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

HolaMundo posted:

If I remember correctly Australia now plays in the Asian qualifier (and not Oceania or whatever) and now the 5th qualified team gets to play against a team from North/Central America.

number five of asia plays against number five of south america. source

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Polidoro posted:

I think they are on to something...

All I can see is bad spanish :smug:

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Polidoro posted:

It says: "Ronaldinho will play at the city with the most bars in Brazil" and it includes a free guide to the nightlife in Belo Horizonte.

I thought people who speak Spanish could understand Portuguese...

edit: I forgot you are from Chile, so you don't speak Spanish :D

I see what you did there.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Polidoro posted:

^^^^ I'm just kidding, weón.

Lastly, we are number 2 in FIFA's latest ranking, take that Germany! Once the Euro starts we are hosed.

I know :). After the euro I expect the top 4/5 to be all European countries.

Anyway time for a World Cup Qualifier update

After the last round of games the table is looking different.

This time around Argentina has a match off (well normally they would play brazil but they are off playing (insert random country here))

I can see Paraguay beating Bolivia at la paz. Venezuela drawing with chile (Thou I am expecting my fellow country men going all out and then conceding a goal from a set piece) Uruguay should beat Peru... That is if Uruguay decide to come and play the god drat game. And lastly Colombia should be able to pick up some points in Ecuador.

EDIT: Brazil are playing Argentina in new york on Saturday 09/06/2012

dj_pain fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jun 7, 2012

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Updated my post :)

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Ohh lol santos lost today at home to Corinthians

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Vinestalk posted:

Libertadores are back and it's the semi we've all been waiting for: Boca vs. Universidad. 7:15PM EST at La Bombonera. Think La U has to find a way to get 2 goals here to prevent the kind of results Boca have managed to pick up.

lol they lost two - nil. It's going to be interesting in santiago. Also the play colo-colo this weekend for the apertura finals.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

So today colo-colo beat La U 2-0 today :D
Even after going down to 9 men they still managed to beat them :D the best thing was listening to johnny herra make up excuses :D

dj_pain fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 18, 2012

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Vinestalk posted:

Corinthians knocking on the door repeatedly but Santos with the only goal so far. Cagey as hell, but the ref has kept the cards in his pocket.

if it continues this will go into extra time wouldn't it? (since both teams have scored away)

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Rekkit posted:

Also, Neymar is overrated.

Welcome to what I've been saying for ages. Also santos is going all out.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Rekkit posted:

I feel bad for him, the entire country is counting on him to basically win the world cup. I don't know how he will handle it when Brazil loses.

It's going to be like ronaldo and france 98. All the media will make up excuses as to why they lost.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Rekkit posted:

Whoa whoa whoa, hold on there buddy. Ronaldo had like a seizure or something that day. Definitely not made up or excuse. Brazil should've won :qq: :colbert:

Really? I thought it was a excuse they made up (Honestly I saw it 6 months after the world cup on chilean TV, nothing was ever mentioned on australian football news.... But then again it was australia :australia:)

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Sunday La U vs Colo-Colo at el estadio national :D
:D I hope they continue their streak :D

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

dj_pain posted:

Sunday La U vs Colo-Colo at el estadio national :D
:D I hope they continue their streak :D

:(
Colo-Colo lost 4 - 0 to la U
:(

I think I am going to stay home from work today and cry

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

This flew past the stadium last sunday. It was La U vs Colo-colo.

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

El Hefe posted:

Boca's hinchas are outside the Bombonera protesting Riquelme's departure, they broke one of the stadium's gate and they are going inside the stadium. :stare:

Kind of reminds me when river plate went down to la primera B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

TyChan posted:

Does anybody here follow Chilean soccer closely?

In Bed With Maradona has (what seems to me to be) a pretty good article on exciting players in the Chilean top flight right now.

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/journal/2012/7/12/future-kings-of-chilean-football.html

It is a couple of weeks old.

I do. I'm a die hard colo-colo supporter and yes Rabello is an amazing player.