Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
They are more fun to watch as a neutral than when your team plays, those games always end to be awful.
Independiente is winning it's first game of the year I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
That's what they get by playing in a lovely team's stadium. Building a new stadium when you have the governor as the club president is easy.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
This was the best that could happen for both managers. Even if this was in my hometown , this game was worthless.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
From what I've seen , a bus got it's windows destroyed by mysterious flying bricks and lots of B's painted on walls.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
River Plate's manager got fired and hired Ramon Diaz as his replacement.
Unsurprisingly , Boca jrs didn't renew Falcioni's contract so they are looking for a new manager before the year ends.
This guy is the current favourite to take Falcioni's job

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
They won't do poo poo, the CONMEBOL president was there giving SP the trophy.
It's weird that Sao Paulo used intimidation tactics when they had a superior squad and where winning the game easily.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
These are the (sponsor)Libertadores 2013 groups:

Grupo 1: Boca Juniors (Argentina) , Barcelona (Ecuador), Nacional (Uruguay) y Toluca (México).

Grupo 2: Sporting Cristal (Perú), Libertad (Paraguay), Palmeiras (Brasil) y Ganador 1 (Tigre de Argentina o Anzoátegui de Venezuela).

Grupo 3: Arsenal (Argentina), Strongest (Bolivia), Atlético Mineiro (Brasil) y Ganador 5 (San Pablo de Brasil o Bolívar de Bolivia)

Grupo 4: Vélez Sarsfield (Argentina), Peñarol (Uruguay), Emelec (Ecuador) y Ganador 6 (Deportes Iquique de Chile o León de México).

Grupo 5: Corinthians (Brasil), San José Oruro (Bolivia), Millonarios (Colombia) y Tijuana (México).

Grupo 6: Independiente Santa Fe (Colombia), Cerro Porteño (Paraguay), Real Garcilaso (Perú) y el Ganador 3 (Deportes Tolima de Colombia o César Vallejo de Perú).

Grupo 7: Newells (Argentina) , Deportivo Lara (Venezuela), Universidad de Chile y Ganador 4 (Olimpia de Paraguay o Defensor Sporting de Uruguay).

Grupo 8: Fluminense (Brasil), Huachipato (Chile), Caracas (Venezuela) y Ganador 2 (Gremio de Brasil o Liga de Quito de Ecuador).

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
La Libertadores always bring fun games and lots of drama. The first round will be played between the last week of January and the first of February with the group stage starting the week after that.

There's a chance that Riquelme comes back to play for Boca but only for the cup and the club is trying to get Burrito Martinez from Corinthians or bring back Mouche from Turkey.

Velez will win their group and will look like they are going to win it all only to loose in the quarter finals.

San Pablo got lucky because the argentinian club in their group is known for not having fans so nobody will care when they play in Buenos Aires.

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 22, 2012

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

El Hefe posted:

Fox Sports has some really good production values on this game, looks great in HD.

Pretty good game so far too.

Too bad Fernando Niembro still has a job.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
I like bambino Pons but only when he's with Diego Latorre or that other guy that sounds exactly like Latorre. He can get really anoying when the game gets boring and starts saying nonsense.
But yes, ESPN Deportes has better commentators, unless it's a MLS game.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
at least Niembro has his own meme

http://www.taringa.net/posts/imagenes/10839928/Memes-de-Don-Niembro.html

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Drogadon posted:

Yeah Niembro is bad but nobody can be worse than the chacala boom guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr1XvFZIhAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZtoJlW7goU

Oh man ,that's awful! I feel lucky now

It's like 2011 all over again , River Plate winning the summer superclasico and then playing like poo poo and getting relegated.

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 20, 2013

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Something unique happened today. Boca juniors managed to make more than 2 passes without losing the ball.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvNiKBGZQBw

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Messi always says that he wants to finish his career in Newell's but I guess that will be when he's in his 40's at least.

Anyway, The first division league in Argentina started yesterday with a 1-1 tie between Union and Arsenal and reigning champions Velez winning away at Argentinos Juniors.

Today Boca managed to overcome a 1-2 partial against Quilmes with two goals by Burdisso's little brother for the final 3-2 score. The third goal was a nice cross.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOZOs4SXdQk
Edit:
Weekend summary:

Current standings

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 12, 2013

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Barcelona already 0-1 scoring their first goal ever against Nacional in Uruguay.

0-2 !

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 12, 2013

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Mother fuckin' Abreu puts it 1-2

Haha this is great, cards everywere.

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 13, 2013

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Yep, a total robbery like old school Libertadores

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Tradition dictates that paraguayan referees were heavily localist but in these modern times you'll never know.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Played like poo poo but without the luck of the match against Quilmes and lost 1-2

I hope this was the last professional football match of Cellay and Caruzzo. specially Cellay, what a poo poo player!

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Insua is having a great season at Velez, and Pratto is a beast! too bad Boca let it go.
Gremio actually lost against Huachipato at home? I saw a bit of their game against Caracas today and they were awful.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Apparently Corinthians fans are banned for the whole extent of the cup.
http://www.ole.com.ar/futbol-internacional/libertadores/Campeon-hinchas_0_870513142.html

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
I know a couple of dudes who are still paying for the trip to Tokyo in 2000 and at least 1 more who sold his car to afford the plane tickets. It's crazy.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
i think the most likely punishment will be banning Corinthians to sell tickets for their away games and only for a couple of games.

Yesterday I was at Boca Jrs to pick up my socio card and I've missed the chance to see Atl. Mineiros training by a couple of minutes. :(

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 27, 2013

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

El Hefe posted:

An 11 year old kid was shot to death in a match in Argentina... Jesus Christ.

It was a 31 year old man, the 11 year old was only injured but still... According to the press it was a clash between factions of the same barra brava in a park a few blocks away of the stadium.

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 3, 2013

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Stupid delayed flight, I've missed all of this! Early today I was thinking that next week is going to be full on drama but it seems that Grondona's team decided to start early.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Thanks Nacional for helping Boca to qualify to the next round :)

Scocco scored two nice goals today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxOCLL-eGBw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEv4NvcQmLs

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
I don't think the answer is that simple. Maybe it's a mixture between inexperienced teams without the knowledge of how manage this kind of situations, (from having your own security and filming everything to schooling the players how to react when this happens), exaggerated rivalry against the visiting team and a overzealous police force that doesn't work to prevent or minimize violence but contribute to make it worse (like having policemen with shotguns inside the field).

Lots of other Argentinian teams played in Brazil and Brazilian teams here and never had any problem bigger than a dispute between a couple of players easily fixed with red cards.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Now I'm a socio I got tickets to Boca - Corinthians just by paying 70 pesos ( less than US$ 10). It been like 5 years since the last time got to see them play.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Just came back from the game, got to see it from the away stand in the third level and it's like watching the game 30 meters over the goalkeeper's head and you can really feel how much the stadium moves when everybody jumps. The game was great and so it was the choripan I ate walking to the stadium.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Velez - Newell's playing right now. Velez were down 0-2 and managed to score one but they still need another goal to advance and they only have 10 minutes.

It ended 1-2 and Ñuls will be playing the winner of Corinthians-Boca.

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 01:10 on May 16, 2013

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
I think Casio miscalculated that precisely timed shot.

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 16, 2013

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
poo poo game but Boca got very lucky. Bianchi is undefeated against brazilian teams in Brazil :O

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
The weird thing was that early that day there were reports of Corinthians' president flying to Asunción with the sole purpose of getting a localist referee assigned to that match. And looked like he achieved that when Carlos Amarilla was named.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Everything is poo poo and why I had to stay till 10 pm at work to see the game in a tiny and crappy stream window. :(

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Independiente is just a game away of getting relegated for the first time and their lifetime rivals, made this to anticipate the event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTZsqSBTwLA

hello i am phone fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 6, 2013

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Polidoro posted:

Are the big teams in Argentina all broke or something? Why are them suddenly going down or being pretty close?

That said, I hope San Lorenzo go down never to return

and Boca too

Everybody's broke but thats not the problem. River, Independiente and San Lorenzo all had a string of corrupt and inept presidents in the last 10 years that used the clubs as a platform for their own business. Buying expensive but crappy players that were managed by their buddies, selling youngsters for a quick buck not allowing them to develop properly ( like the time River used percentages of a couple of players to pay the company that painted the stadium). Add that to a couple of bad seasons and you end suffering the same system that was installed to protect you from getting relegated.
San Lorenzo management were a bit more smart and made changes to turn around their situation and now are a bit more safe from getting relegated.

I think the relegation of Independiente will force Grondona to finally change the system and make it more reasonable (or totally insane like having a 40 team first division).

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
They'll never finish the stadium relegation or not.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
gently caress that was close.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Hahaha

Yep they are pretty much relegated because if San Martin win or even tie the next game they are hopeless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Anybody watching Ecuador - Argentina? What the hell happened with Mascherano?, my stream died for 5 minutes.