Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Suben posted:

Pretty much. Granted I don't know why anyone would think Yumiko Hotta would be a draw in 2012 though...

STARDOM's basically the one company doing it right so far and that goes to the strength of Nanae as a trainer (and probably Natsuki*Taiyo and Miho Wakizawa too if they're involved in the training) so that you have pretty girls who actually show some promise at being competent inbetween the ropes.
STARDOM is hands down one of the best Joshi training school I've seen. I know SMASH/Wrestling New Classic isn't really training new girls, but Syuri and Makoto improved leaps and bounds when they joined the roster.

Ice Ribbon is a mixed bag, Shida and Fujimoto are both pretty fun to watch and some of the younger girls are getting really good at those flashy roll-ups, too.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Shida's alright but I dunno, something about her doesn't click with me and she comes off as kind of dull. Tsukushi's pretty good, Kurumi's pretty good but REALLY needs to work on her strikes (especially her kicks), Riho's good, Hikari Minami is super athletic but can be kind of a dunce in the ring and has to have somebody who can really lead her otherwise she gets lost. Dorami Nagano's been improving really fast too and if you can check out her match with Hiroyo... she'd be way better off in JWP (where she'd have a bunch of great vets to learn from) than Ice Ribbon I think.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Do you know how I can tell Cherry is close to retirement? She's challenged Yuko Miyamoto to a deathmatch for the DDT Extreme title. A man who beat the poo poo out of Ken Ohka in his last title defense (Though admittedly, everyone beats the poo poo out of Ken)

Here's a Yuko deathmatch against Kyoko Kimura.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsHwEkEdJbo

When Joshi girls are close to retirement, they usually take at least one death match, and not exactly the light stuff either. It isn't mandatory or anything, but most of them want to do it because they'd never tried it in their career before.

Chii Tomiya, who's four foot nothing and looks like a child at 22, was in a death match against Mr. Pogo, and it went exactly like how you would expect a Mr. Pogo match to go. He stabbed her with a sickle :v:

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002
It's also for DDT, so correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they hardly ever go to the point of using light tubes, do they?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gordy posted:

It's also for DDT, so correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think they hardly ever go to the point of using light tubes, do they?
It's Union, technically, and yes; they do. Yuko himself is holding the DDT Extreme title on behalf of BJW Wrestling.
Cherry is coming to the defense of Ken Ohka's beatdown, to defend the honor of Union Pro.

There are a lot of Indy companies in Japan who always share talent, and even share titles between them. It's really neat.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 18, 2012

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002
Ok that's different. I didn't know DDT was sharing the belt as well as the talent. Definitely makes more sense if it's BJW related.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gordy posted:

Ok that's different. I didn't know DDT was sharing the belt as well as the talent. Definitely makes more sense if it's BJW related.
Union is...Exactly what it sounds like. It's the little-sister company of DDT Pro, but hosts a couple BJW guys, and some independent workers (Like Cherry and Mio Shirai) as well.

DDT Pro has always had working relations with other companies though, besides BJW. There are the major companies (NJPW, AJPW, NOAH, Dragon Gate, and Zero-1) and the rest of the independent companies usually work together.

When Daisuke Sekimoto held the DDT Openweight Championship, he was still a "BJW" guy.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?
Reminder: SHIMMER tickets for the October taping went on sale a couple of minutes ago. If you want front row, you need to act fast. They usually sell out within an hour or so.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Flameingblack posted:

Chii Tomiya, who's four foot nothing and looks like a child at 22, was in a death match against Mr. Pogo, and it went exactly like how you would expect a Mr. Pogo match to go. He stabbed her with a sickle :v:

Trying to find this. Because I secretly hate women or something.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

coconono posted:

I don't think tape of the match exists, there's a single picture on google. Funny enough, it's from my own photobucket.

I guess you'd have to find someone that speaks Japanese well enough to ask her on Twitter if tape is around.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 21, 2012

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

coconono posted:

I feel like such an enabler saying this, but apparently she was wrestling as Micro at the time, which might help your women hating nefarious escapades

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I even know what show it is, I know everything about the event because my friend really wanted to see it, but I can't find links for it, or even anywhere to buy it.

http://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=68983

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

apsouthern posted:

I feel like such an enabler saying this, but apparently she was wrestling as Micro at the time, which might help your women hating nefarious escapades

http://cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=68983&page=2&sortby=colEventType&sorttype=DESC

Found this much...

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

I don't even get why she left Ice Ribbon. She's basically done nothing except apparently join (and then get kicked out of) an indier than indy promotion called Pro Wrestling Wallaby. It would've been nice if she had gone to JWP or something but in all honesty I don't know who's going to really find use for a 4 ft. whatever girl who's in her 20s. She really wasn't going to get any better as far as position than she was getting in IR.

Of course now ever since Emi's left Ice Ribbon seems kind of directionless and just things happening with no real build or anything so who knows. I'm not lamenting the loss of IR's Korakuen show because an intergender tag tournament that didn't include Matsumoto/Kasai and Kana/Shida didn't do much to interest me.

Losing out on Uematsu's retirement from the WAVE show and Haruyama/Kuragaki and Arisa Nakajima's return match from the JWP one sucks though.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Suben posted:

Pro Wrestling Wallaby

This is the greatest wrestling promotion name I have ever seen.

"Hi folks! Don't forget to watch me take on Mr. Bighead in a Barbed Wire Spider Web Exploding Death Match tonight!" :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Suben posted:

I don't even get why she left Ice Ribbon. She's basically done nothing except apparently join (and then get kicked out of) an indier than indy promotion called Pro Wrestling Wallaby. It would've been nice if she had gone to JWP or something but in all honesty I don't know who's going to really find use for a 4 ft. whatever girl who's in her 20s. She really wasn't going to get any better as far as position than she was getting in IR.

Of course now ever since Emi's left Ice Ribbon seems kind of directionless and just things happening with no real build or anything so who knows. I'm not lamenting the loss of IR's Korakuen show because an intergender tag tournament that didn't include Matsumoto/Kasai and Kana/Shida didn't do much to interest me.

Losing out on Uematsu's retirement from the WAVE show and Haruyama/Kuragaki and Arisa Nakajima's return match from the JWP one sucks though.
Looking up the reason she was kicked out of of Pro Wrestling Wallaby, and it looks like she didn't like the way the promotion was being run or something, said some curse words, and got kicked out for being unprofessional.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Flameingblack posted:

Looking up the reason she was kicked out of of Pro Wrestling Wallaby, and it looks like she didn't like the way the promotion was being run or something, said some curse words, and got kicked out for being unprofessional.

Yeah, I remember about the "unprofessional behavior" and I can imagine some small-rear end indy nobody's ever heard of isn't going to be the best run promotion ever.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Suben posted:

Yeah, I remember about the "unprofessional behavior" and I can imagine some small-rear end indy nobody's ever heard of isn't going to be the best run promotion ever.
I also read that she was kicked out for drinking "A lot" but I can't imagine that "A lot" for someone her size is that much.

I don't know anything about her personally, I follow her on Twitter and she tweets about Pokemon and seems really shy. You don't hear about many people having a press conference to announce they've been kicked out of a company though.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
The thing about Wallaby/Wallabee is that they had some kind of affiliation with Ice Ribbon years ago, so that might explain why she was decided to effectively "sign" with them. The promotion itself isn't anything spectacular, just random indy sleaze type stuff (though not very sleazy, just small.) I don't think they have many shows, or at least not many with her on them, so that might have been a point of contention.

I've seen a lot of blogs about her getting kicked out, but Google Translate doesn't really help make things any clearer. All I know is what's already been said: that she said inappropriate things at a talk event and that alcohol was likely involved (she just turned 21 around the time this happened.)

As for why she left Ice Ribbon, well, I guess it comes down to wanting to branch out. She's done numerous JWP shows, though isn't a roster member. Otherwise she's been on lots of random indy shows, for Osaka Pro, K-Dojo, T-1, Daijo, APACHE, Gannosuke, etc. Wouldn't be shocked if she made her way back to Ice Ribbon at some point, as Miyamoto did.

Anyhow, here's a link to her blog, which gives you an idea of where she's been: http://ameblo.jp/ggrks-s2-ggrks/ And here's a recent photo with gear that is decidedly more classic joshi:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

OmegaBR posted:

... And here's a recent photo with gear that is decidedly more classic joshi:

Might wanna rehost that image, OmegaBRoid

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I really wanna know of an actual sleazy japanese promotion, joshi or otherwise.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Finally, the WWE gets to pay a Flair in something besides alimony payments.

WOOOOOOO

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Io Shirai is facing possible jailtime for smuggling drugs into Japan, from Mexico. Posession of pot is a really big deal in japan that can get you into a lot of trouble. For comparison, the last wrestler who was found in possesion of marijuana was put into jail for 5 years, and was blackballed from wrestling in Japan.

I had an argument with DDS a while back that maybe, Io Shirai had left Triple Tail.S (With her older sister Mio and friend Kana) because Io didn't want to go forward with the over-sexualization that Mio and Kana had begun to do, but maybe Io got kicked out for being the rotten child.

Her sister said in a blog that there'd been cracks in the relationship between the two for a while now, and it's possible that Mio knew this thing was going on, but didn't find out about the news until everyone else did.

Here's some more information from Ring Belles:
http://ringbellesonline.com/2012/05/24/io-shirai-busted-for-possession-of-drugs-facing-jail/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

hahaha arrested with NOSAWA.

What kind of idiot tries to get drugs through an international airport in the 21st century?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Sucks for Io that she's basically going to have her career ruined because of Japan's ridiculous views/laws with regards to weed.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Suben posted:

Sucks for Io that she's basically going to have her career ruined because of Japan's ridiculous views/laws with regards to weed.
Or she'll be forced to work in America where people don't really care.

Didn't NOSAWA get arrested like, last year? I blame ICP, it's their fault!

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Flameingblack posted:

Or she'll be forced to work in America where people don't really care.

Didn't NOSAWA get arrested like, last year? I blame ICP, it's their fault!

He got arrested last year for stealing a cab, yeah.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I blame NOSAWA for this. :argh:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Coco mentioned to me on Twitter than Nosawa and Io were living together, which isn't a shock to me. But apparently one or the other has a kid? Mio mentioned the kid on the blog and I've seen pictures of a baby online. I doubt it was Io's own child, I don't think she's taken enough time off to be pregnant, but if they're living together and taking care of NOSAWA's child then that's a pretty messed up situation.

Still, it's really weird to hear about this kind of thing in Japan. I'm even honestly reacting to it in a different way. If you told me that Portia Perez were caught with pot it'd be weird, but whatever. But a young girl like Io (Just turned 22) is going to be in jail for the next five years and her career is basically over is awful, but even just knowing she was smuggling in pot in the first place is the big shocker.

It just never seemed like something that they did in Japan. (Although NOSAWA is fairly use to American lifestyle, working with JCW so much)

I mean, Mad Man Pondo and Necro Butcher go to Japan all the time, but they're not dumb enough to try and smuggle drugs with them.

(Note: I have no idea if Pondo smokes pot or not)

DirtyDirtySheets
Oct 22, 2011

Flameingblack posted:

I had an argument with DDS a while back that maybe, Io Shirai had left Triple Tail.S (With her older sister Mio and friend Kana) because Io didn't want to go forward with the over-sexualization that Mio and Kana had begun to do....

And your take away from being entirely wrong about that is to post even more implausible speculation?

Oh, Joshi fandom.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Flameingblack posted:

Coco mentioned to me on Twitter than Nosawa and Io were living together, which isn't a shock to me. But apparently one or the other has a kid? Mio mentioned the kid on the blog and I've seen pictures of a baby online. I doubt it was Io's own child, I don't think she's taken enough time off to be pregnant, but if they're living together and taking care of NOSAWA's child then that's a pretty messed up situation.

Still, it's really weird to hear about this kind of thing in Japan. I'm even honestly reacting to it in a different way. If you told me that Portia Perez were caught with pot it'd be weird, but whatever. But a young girl like Io (Just turned 22) is going to be in jail for the next five years and her career is basically over is awful, but even just knowing she was smuggling in pot in the first place is the big shocker.

It just never seemed like something that they did in Japan. (Although NOSAWA is fairly use to American lifestyle, working with JCW so much)

I mean, Mad Man Pondo and Necro Butcher go to Japan all the time, but they're not dumb enough to try and smuggle drugs with them.

(Note: I have no idea if Pondo smokes pot or not)

Thats the rough translation I got from this Yahoo.jp article linked in the ringbelles article.

Regardless of people's views on Cannabis, trying to get it through customs goes beyond dumb. You're walking into one of the most observed places on the planet and expecting to slip something over on people who are very worried about allowing drugs, bombs, weird plants, and other terrible things in.

DirtyDirtySheets
Oct 22, 2011
I almost want to believe they didn't know, as NOSAWA surely knows how to score better poo poo in Japan anyway.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DirtyDirtySheets posted:

I almost want to believe they didn't know, as NOSAWA surely knows how to score better poo poo in Japan anyway.

Then they must have pissed someone off really bad in Mexico.

DirtyDirtySheets
Oct 22, 2011
One bit of humor in all this: Kyoko Kimura was pretty critical of the two and drug use..... In spite of her rasta gimmick and having cannibas leaves on her gear, I've heard she actually doesn't smoke.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DirtyDirtySheets posted:

DirtyDirtySheets posted:

One bit of humor in all this: Kyoko Kimura was pretty critical of the two and drug use..... In spite of her rasta gimmick and having cannibas leaves on her gear, I've heard she actually doesn't smoke.

Sounds like some implausible speculation to me.

Oh, joshi fandom :allears:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

There was also the rumor at the time too that one of the reasons Nagisa Nozaki got kicked out of DIANA was because she likes to smoke.

DirtyDirtySheets
Oct 22, 2011

Oatgan posted:

Sounds like some implausible speculation to me.

Probably due to ignorance. Drug laws are tough in Japan, but aren't hard to come by and certainly not worth the risk of smuggling in, get real.

I was told Kyoko doesn't by a mutual friend, not sure what's speculative about that. Do you think everyone lives their gimmick?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Looks like there's another STARDOMS related scandal, because it seems as if the main photographer for the company has gotten into trouble for installing cameras in the shower rooms at STARDOMS shows at Shin-Kiba 1st ring.

Good show, STARDOMS. Two big scandals in one day. Not the fault of the promotion itself, but it's just very unfortunate all at once.

e: The scandal was released a couple days ago in the paper, but it's a huge black eye to the company as a whole. It makes STARDOM look like an awful company, even though both instances were beyond their control.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 24, 2012

DirtyDirtySheets
Oct 22, 2011
Puroresu doesn't know how much longer it's going to be around, and is just going to get weird in its last remaining days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Flameingblack posted:

Looks like there's another STARDOMS related scandal, because it seems as if the main photographer for the company has gotten into trouble for installing cameras in the shower rooms at STARDOMS shows at Shin-Kiba 1st ring.

Good show, STARDOMS. Two big scandals in one day. Not the fault of the promotion itself, but it's just very unfortunate all at once.

It was a guy who worked not only for STARDOM but JWP too and it was found out after WAVE's show there last month. The story I remember reading (when I saw it at DVDVR) was that they found a pen-sized camera in one of the bathrooms that the talent used and traced it back to him, then Rossy worked to keep it quiet because he thought it would be damaging to joshi puroresu's reputation but Tokyo Sports blew it out into the open.

Unless that's the second incident in as many days like that...

• Locked thread