Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

DM Punk posted:

Results please?

Su Yung def Solo Darling
Chastity Taylor double count out Heather Owens
Santana Garrett def Mandy Leon
Jessicka Havok def Aspen
Tessa Blanchard def Hania the Huntress
Amanda Rodriguez def Jenny Rose
Taeler Hendrix def Amy Love
Jessicka Havok def Miss Diss Lexia
LuFisto def Leva Bates

Okay, this show was terrrrrrible. The Mid-South Sportatorium is always hot as gently caress in the summer, which may partly be to blame, but the small crowd of maybe 30 was almost completely dead.

Crazy Mary Dobson had transportation issues, and so didn't make it. She was originally scheduled to wrestle Solo Darling in the first round. Instead the first match was Su Young vs Solo Darling, which wasn't clear if it was a tournament match or a dark match since they hadn't announced that Dobson wouldn't be there. They actually did announce that Dobson's first round match would happen the next day, which apparently is no longer the case.

Anyway, Su Young went over Solo Darling in a match that had no heat and yet in retrospect was second or third best match on the card.

Chastity Taylor has a history with CWF Mid-Atlantic and came out in a CWF shirt, which got a pop. But like most of the matches on the card, the wrestling was poor. Botchy / missed spots / no heat. I wouldn't be surprised if the double count out wasn't the planned finish, but just that they weren't paying attention to the fact that the ref wasn't himself finding ways to distract himself to avoid counting them out.

Santana Garrett and Mandy Leon suffered due to both working face. The crowd was dead enough without having a non-clear person to cheer/boo. Again, match itself was just poor.

I don't have any idea what the point of the Jessicka Havok / Aspen squash match was. One thing that was confusing was that there was no entrance music played for this match. Someone in the crowd yelled out after the squash that the match hadn't started yet because there was no bell, so the timekeeper rang the opening bell to some laughs. So it was like a -15 second squash match.

Tessa Blanchard and Hania the Huntress was a worse match than I expected Tessa to be capable of. In fact she was probably the best worker on the whole card. Her selling is just so loving good. Also I loved that she was wearing one black with polka dots knee pad in honor of Dusty. There was still some confusing face/heel dynamics as Tessa is so over in the Carolinas that she is received as a face, and Hania was working heel, but Tessa still tends to sort of work heel.

So the match itself was hurt by a lot of things. Hania's general skill level might as well be one of them, but that is the case for all but maybe four/five of the workers on the card. More specifically there were two false finishes where Tessa was late kicking out. The first was pretty clearly a 3, the second was 2.99999. In both cases the ref def hit the mat the third time, but waved them off when it was clear that wasn't the intended finish. That shouldn't happen once let alone twice, but I think it's the ref's job to deliver a legit count and the worker's job to kick out, so. Then there actually is a Ref bump to set up the finish, which got the biggest pop of the night because of that, and because maybe the double count out, and generally that he was the only ref on the card. Then Tessa grabs a chair and hits Hania to get the pin, but honestly since she was working face I don't why not just have a clean finish.

Amanda Rodriguez and Jenny Rose was another blah match with dead crowd split between two faces.

Taeler Hendrix and Amy Love was bizarre but also the most entertaining match of the night. Taeler was working heel, but super over with the crowd. Amy Love is supposed to be a face, but with her "Victoria's Secret Angel" gimmick she really should work heel. I think she doesn't maybe because she's married/valet to Brad Attitude who is a super babyface in the territory. Amy is sort of botchy, but honestly marginally less so than most of the people on the card, and Taeler was super solid here.

So the crowd was clearly on the side of the heel, but it was fine because it was sort of the first match that the crowd really came alive for. Aaand then it got a little weird. Taeler is shoving something like an elbow pad into Amy's mouth and telling her to "take it" and some one in the crowd yells out "Is this a custom?" which seems to upset Taeler maybe who yells out at him "You paid for your ticket and you can't tell me you aren't being entertained." Aaand from there they start doing more sexualish moves and Taeler actually aggressively kisses Amy before the finish.

And that bizarro train wreck is the highlight of the show.

Jessicka Havok and Miss Diss Lexia was okay. Which I guess is fantastic compared to most of the show. There were still a couple of moments where it just sort of seemed like they both forgot what they were supposed to do next. The crowd was pretty dead again, though, and Havok seemed to have more fans generally. Sort of stiff match, also sort of short.

LuFisto and Leva Bates was definitely the best wrestling match on the card in terms of being a wrestling match. We do again have the problem that we have face vs face before a small dead crowd. Leva was in Jurassic Park cosplay. LuFisto wins with an absolutely devastating looking Burning Hammer that I thought for a second landed wrong. Brutal.

The tournament bracket wasn't fully announced in advance, and seems confused. According to twitter, these are the round two matches:

Su Yung vs Santana Garrett
Amanda Rodriguez vs Taeler Hendrix
Tessa Blanchard vs LuFisto
Jessicka Havok vs ????

They are saying the ???? represents the double count out, and not the missing tournament match with Crazy Mary Dobson. But either way since there is an open spot in round two, there will be a match to fill it. Crazy Mary Dobson is the first person in the match since she missed due to car trouble, Hania the Huntress will be in it because she sort of pinned Tessa twice in round one, and finally hey, why not make it a 3 way and throw in Leva Bates because why not I guess I mean she was good last night.

Super looking forward to seeing Tessa vs LuFisto.

These QoC shows are matinees before other cards. Last night's was before CWF Mid-Atlantic's Battle Bowl which was one of the best CWF cards from the last couple of months. It will be shown on CWF Worldwide over the next couple of weeks. Of interest to this thread, they had a women's tag with Su Yung and Sis vs Amy Love and Amanda Rodriguez. The CWF crowd was a hot as that loving building was, and that tag match was better than anything from the QoC card. I believe it will be the lead in on the June 24 episode of CWF Worldwide.

Tonight will have PWX after, which will have Tessa Blanchard vs Crazy Mary Dobson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Sub Rosa posted:

Tessa Blanchard and Hania the Huntress was a worse match than I expected Tessa to be capable of. In fact she was probably the best worker on the whole card. Her selling is just so loving good. Also I loved that she was wearing one black with polka dots knee pad in honor of Dusty. There was still some confusing face/heel dynamics as Tessa is so over in the Carolinas that she is received as a face, and Hania was working heel, but Tessa still tends to sort of work heel.

I saw Tessa in Spartanburg, SC in February and she was so good. There wasn't any confusing with the face/heel dynamic; she was against Mickie James and was eating up all the boos she could get. Wonder why she hasn't got a NXT offer. Wasn't she thought of as someone to go through Tough Enough, Rovert?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I saw Tessa in Spartanburg, SC in February and she was so good. There wasn't any confusing with the face/heel dynamic; she was against Mickie James and was eating up all the boos she could get. Wonder why she hasn't got a NXT offer. Wasn't she thought of as someone to go through Tough Enough, Rovert?

Tessa apparently joined the Force over the weekend.

Advertised for the Winston-Salem Dash and BB&T Ballpark event at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, August 14 along with Tully.

I was told WWE was waiting for her to turn 21 (July 26). Again before anyone says it I thought she was older than someone just out of their teens too.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
If the 21 age limit is a real thing, then how did Jasmin get signed? She is only 20 as well.

Also, Tessa told someone off camera she was 19 when she did a Periscope chat a few weeks ago during her Canada tour. And a PWX commentator mentioned she was 19 during one of her recent matches too. I think it was her match vs Candice.

DM Punk fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 14, 2015

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

DM Punk posted:

If the 21 age limit is a real thing, then how did Jasmin get signed? She is only 20 as well.

Paige was 19 when she had her first tryout and signed to FCW at 20.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
DM Punk is actually correct she is 19. Her age isn't listed online as far as I know hence the confusion. Her birthday is but not the year.

She WAS told to wait until she is 21 though. Maybe it was due the fact she's second generation and Tully had serious issues with drugs. Probably right to let her mature a little first.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
We're disputing whether DM Punk knows if a ladygrappler is a teenager or not?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
That Yoshihiko lady that hosed up Act apparently retired.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

KungFu Grip posted:

That Yoshihiko lady that hosed up Act apparently retired.

Yoshiko, Yoshihiko is the doll that carried Kota Ibushi to a 4* match

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's a shame that Yoshiko turned out to be so immature and petty, because she was on a good career path to become something of a Kong.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
There's no way she doesn't unretire at some point and join Chigusa's MARVELOUS promotion by the time it officially launches next year.

Suben fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 15, 2015

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

njsykora posted:

Yoshiko, Yoshihiko is the doll that carried Kota Ibushi to a 4* match

Yoshihiko is a wrestling legend friend.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

dsriggs posted:

We're disputing whether DM Punk knows if a ladygrappler is a teenager or not?

If there's anyone knows better than rovert knows...

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

DM Punk posted:

Results please?

Crazy Mary Dobson def Hania the Huntress and Leva Bates
Santana Garrett def Su Yung
Solo Darling, Chastity Taylor, and Amy Love defeat Heather Owens, Ronnie Nicole, and Miss Diss Lexia (w/ Zane Riley)
Mandy Leon def Jenny Rose
Taeler Hendrix def Amanda Rodriguez
Tessa Blanchard def LuFisto
Jessicka Havok def Crazy Mary Dobson

Cooler building, hotter crowd (not that hot), and generally better wrestling all around. None of the matches were outright bad except maybe Mandy Leon / Jenny Rose. Still a lot of confusing/bad face/heel dynamic stuff.

Dobson advances in the first match. Leva Bates was in Dragonball Z cosplay today. Pretty sloppy match, especially Hania, but not as bad as the day before.

Su Yung seemed the much better worker in her match with Santana Garrett, but it is Garrett that advances. This match exceeded my low expectations.

Miss Diss Lexia was on the Heel tag team but worked face against Jessicka Havok the day before. I seem to recall at QoC IV she worked face in her match, but then ran in on the heel side during the main event, as well. I think Chastity Taylor could have some potential, she just seemed to be working harder than anyone else in the match. Sort of weird seeing Zane in his heel Handsome Boy Modeling School gimmick since this is part of a double shot with PWX where he is working his face Revolt gimmick.

Leon / Rose was sloppy, bad, and went too long. Both were working face as well, which didn't help anything.

Taeler Hendrix's match was once again very sexual. The story of the match is that she points out Caleb Konley at ring side who is apparently dating Amanda Rodriguez. Sort of a "Why do you want her instead of me?" thing. Once again we get to see Taeler Hendrix kiss her opponent before finishing her. Honestly my feeling is that Taeler is one of the most competent and charismatic workers on these cards, and she shouldn't need to resort to being so overtly sexual to get over. It was received less well by this show's crowd that previous day's.

Then Tessa comes out and cuts one hell of a heel promo about how we call her the Queen of the Carolinas, but she has done bigger things in better places than the Carolinas. She slams the locker room for not liking her due to jealousy. She points out that this is one year from her debut, and that in one year she has done more than the rest of the women on the card could do in five. She says that the difference between her and them is that you could take any other person off the card and it wouldn't matter, the show would go on, but if the show loses her, it is really hurt. And so on. It was a great promo, and expertly delivered. Just one more way that it's amazing she's only a year in.

Her match with Lufisto was good. Best of the card, probably should have been the main event. LuFisto has Tessa finished, but stops the pin saying Tessa needs to be punished more for what she is saying. Normally I think stopping the pin when you have it is a pretty heel spot, but LuFisto made it work appealing to the crowd that we wanted more. Of course, you always end up paying for that spot, and Tessa wins after hitting LuFisto with a chain and using the ropes for leverage during the pin. From my vantage point both the use of the foreign object and her use of the ropes seemed to be in full view of the ref, though, which made me shake my head.

Havok over Dobson was also a fine match, again much better than anything from the day before, but also nothing special and sort of a come down main event after Tessa/LuFisto. Also heel vs heel, but Havok had a good number of supporters.

So that means passing to the semifinals are Santana Garrett, Taeler Hendrix, Tessa Blanchard, and Jessicka Havok. Three heels to one face, at least going off this show. I thought Su Yung should have made it over Garrett, but then it would be all heel. I mean, unless Tessa is face again at the next show which wouldn't surprise me with QoC.

The PWX show had Tessa Blanchard vs Crazy Mary Dobson, and in this match they both seemed to be working face. Had the shake hands/hug/raise each other's hand spot after the match. It was good, but not on the level of Tessa/Lufisto from earlier in the day.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Serena Deeb is retiring, her last match is in REINA in Japan next month against Syuri.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WxE2STNXvI

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Kana is announcing her hiatus from the Wrestling business for a while. This comes after Mio's retirement and iirc Io might be injured at the moment. RIP Triple Tail.S

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Marvelous (Chigusa's new promotion) is setting up a US office in conjunction with CZW. Chigusa and Takumi Iroha are coming to the States in August and likely working CZW when they do. Iroha's pretty good and young but I can't imagine what anyone would get out of Chigusa in 2015.

Also Ice Ribbon wrestler Yuka went to the hospital because of headaches, apparently turned out it was a subarachnoid hemorrhage going by IR's twitter.

Wikipedia posted:

SAH is a form of stroke and comprises 1–7 percent of all strokes. It is a medical emergency and can lead to death or severe disability—even when recognized and treated at an early stage. Up to half of all cases of SAH are fatal and 10–15 percent of casualties die before reaching a hospital, and those who survive often have neurological or cognitive impairment.

She only just turned 17 a week or so back.

Suben fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jul 16, 2015

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKglxH9Uhkg

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Suben posted:

Also Ice Ribbon wrestler Yuka went to the hospital because of headaches, apparently turned out it was a subarachnoid hemorrhage going by IR's twitter.

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subarachnoid_hemorrhage]

She only just turned 17 a week or so back.

Can it be treated? It would really suck if it ends up being a major deterrent to a career, let alone day-to-day living. Was it due to bumps in the ring or something else?

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

Nikki Storm is fantastic. When she gets to NXT that crowd is going to lose its poo poo after her first promo.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

This is from the couple of weeks that she was in North Carolina. She was on a couple of CWF Mid-Atlantic cards (that is their ring behind them) and I'm pretty sure they are both on CWF's YouTube page.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Is Sojo Bolt the regular interviewer for those diary things?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

coconono posted:

Is Sojo Bolt the regular interviewer for those diary things?

She runs/books Queens of Combat. I think a lot of the people they book on those shows are more so they can shoot these interviews than actually have them wrestle.

And that's the problem with QoC. They get some good talent, but the booking is pretty god drat terrible and the match qualify suffers from it.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Flameingblack posted:

Kana is announcing her hiatus from the Wrestling business for a while. This comes after Mio's retirement and iirc Io might be injured at the moment. RIP Triple Tail.S

But look who she gets to wrestle on her retirement tour!

:stare:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DM Punk posted:

She runs/books Queens of Combat. I think a lot of the people they book on those shows are more so they can shoot these interviews than actually have them wrestle.

And that's the problem with QoC. They get some good talent, but the booking is pretty god drat terrible and the match qualify suffers from it.

ok I was kinda confused as to what Sojo was doing with that outfit. Looked like she was about ready to step into the shower and someone flagged her down to do the interview.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Wish I could find the royal rumble Suzuki wrestled a 13 year old Riho

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
So this is happening August 8 at CZW.

quote:

Earlier today, Combat Zone Wrestling and Marvelous Puroresu USA announced its partnership for August 8th at Retribution. At this event, Marvelous Puroresu USA will have two showcase matches which will feature stars from both Marvelous and CZW Stars. Officials can now confirm that in one match it will be Marvelous' Takumi Iroha and WSU's Brittany Blake taking on Marvelous' Sumie Sakai and Dojo Wars' Penelope Ford. In the second showcase match, CZW's Dub Security (Nate Carter & David McCall) face off against Marvelous' founder and Joshi Legend Chigusa Nagayo and New Japan Pro Wrestling's Takaai Watanabe.

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!

Flameingblack posted:

Wish I could find the royal rumble Suzuki wrestled a 13 year old Riho

It was the 'Fuka Matsuri Rumble' at her retirement show, on 28.03.2010 at the Korakuen.

Unfortunately all the videos seem to have been taken down from youtube.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Stardom coming to the US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z22fnxpGDKA

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Thauros posted:

But look who she gets to wrestle on her retirement tour!

:stare:

gently caress yes

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope this does well enough that they take this into the Berwyn area. I love tiny women kicking each other silly.

Also Hudson Envy is really cool.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

coconono posted:

I hope this does well enough that they take this into the Berwyn area. I love tiny women kicking each other silly.

Also Hudson Envy is really cool.

It'd be cool to see Kairi Hojo's breathtaking murder elbow in person.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I understand why it's in Cali but if it were over on the East Coast or in Chicago I'd go in a heartbeat.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
It looks like a Polish female wrestler named AKIRA debuted in late May and died a couple days later, possibly due to a botched chokeslam. Info's hard to find; Meltzer hasn't said anything about it (I sent him an email last night), and everything I found last night was on Maniac Zone Wrestling's FB page (the promotion, obviously) and a couple of very small message boards.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Kairi Hojo will not be able to walk by age 35 but I guess that's ok because most joshi are sent off to the farm by that age anyway

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

oatgan posted:

Kairi Hojo will not be able to walk by age 35 but I guess that's ok because most joshi are sent off to the farm by that age anyway

She's a pirate she will retire to a boat

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Act's coming back in Sept

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Is there anywhere I can see the last Hojo/Satomura match it appears to have disappeared from the internet

edit: nevermind I forgot about XWT

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jul 29, 2015

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Layla El has retired. Though she was clearly one of the results of "let's hire hot models and hope they eventually figure out how to wrestle", she was lots of fun and a generous seller who took a surprising amount of bumps. Plus Laycool was just something magical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

Spermgod posted:

Is there anywhere I can see the last Hojo/Satomura match it appears to have disappeared from the internet

edit: nevermind I forgot about XWT

Yeah a lot of stuff, especially Stardom, has been disappearing due to SamuraiTV's streaming service.

The Rabbit Miu/Rydeen Hagane vs. Leon/Ray match from JWP's 7/11 show is pretty drat good too. Miu was playing the role of brash little punk and was really good in it. Also Bolshoi's the new JWP Openweight Champion which is cool because Bolshoi is really good.

• Locked thread