Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Maxwell Lord posted:

Layla El has retired. Though she was clearly one of the results of "let's hire hot models and hope they eventually figure out how to wrestle", she was lots of fun and a generous seller who took a surprising amount of bumps. Plus Laycool was just something magical.

Good for her, she's getting married and with the NXT divas coming up, she wouldn't really have a chance to get pushed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Plus she's been there for like 9 years, and spent around one of those years with a blown out knee. The news really came as no surprise.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

Layla El has retired. Though she was clearly one of the results of "let's hire hot models and hope they eventually figure out how to wrestle", she was lots of fun and a generous seller who took a surprising amount of bumps. Plus Laycool was just something magical.

Layla was/is great. Is she sticking around?

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

Corzaa posted:

Layla was/is great. Is she sticking around?

Word is that she's going back to choreography.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Next month is the debut of new Nanae Takahashi promotion SEAdLINNNG

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
That's the new weirdest wrestling promotion name.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

That's the new weirdest wrestling promotion name.

Super Delfin's starting SeaFOOD with all ocean life gimmick wrestlers (not joking, the banner's out there somewhere online) so that's apparently the new fad for japanese indies

EDIT: can't find the banner, but here's a pic from the announcement:

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jul 31, 2015

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That one's awesome and the name at least works with the talent's gimmick

Seedlings (or SEAdLINNNG[s]) will likely not be wrestling in SEAdLINNNG

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
http://www.wwe.com/inside/rosa-mendes-pregnant-27769711

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I went to a Smash wrestling event tonight in Toronto that was all women's wrestling. Candice LeRae is really good and cool!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Thauros posted:

Super Delfin's starting SeaFOOD with all ocean life gimmick wrestlers (not joking, the banner's out there somewhere online) so that's apparently the new fad for japanese indies

EDIT: can't find the banner, but here's a pic from the announcement:

I will need every tape from every event they ever hold.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_Yasukawa

Contracts to Act for getting her own wikipedia page (about time) and back to the ring.

Domalom
Mar 20, 2009

Gadzooks!
Ah....any confirmation on this?

ಡ_ಡ

https://twitter.com/enuhito_eng/status/653101606808850432

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Enuhito is really reliable and knows enough people in Puro to have that kinda info. I haven't seen that anywhere else, though. (He knew Kana was getting signed before she even showed up beside Flair)

e: Nevermind, saw some stuff about her having an announcement soon about her career.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
So both Lacey and Daizee Haze are wrestling in the main event at Shimmer tonight. :neckbeard:

E:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZwRkQy53JM

Root Bear fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 12, 2015

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sounds like they tried to get SDR and wwe wouldnt go for it

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
SDR was cleared all the way up until last Tuesday and they changed their mind.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Cory Lidle posted:

SDR was cleared all the way up until last Tuesday and they changed their mind.

Heard the same thing and that Prazak tried to get other contracted SHIMMER alumni. Regardless the 8 main event did do the event justice.

Hear anything about Cheerleader Melissa gate crashing the main event? Weird situation.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Melissa unretired? I thought after she got married she stopped wrestling.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

rovert posted:

Heard the same thing and that Prazak tried to get other contracted SHIMMER alumni. Regardless the 8 main event did do the event justice.

Hear anything about Cheerleader Melissa gate crashing the main event? Weird situation.

I haven't heard anything specific, I'd just assumed it's another part of the Shimmer Alumni angle.

It's like 2005 all over again. :allears:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Root Bear posted:

I haven't heard anything specific, I'd just assumed it's another part of the Shimmer Alumni angle.

That's what I think.

But someone told me that Melissa did it as a "shoot" and it was a STARDOM invasion/double cross or something. STARDOM's owner Rossy is pretty wacky. There has been some weirdness towards SHIMMER by STARDOM the past while.

Only watched the main event on a blurry Periscope video but Haze still wrestles great.

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

I love the end of that video.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
By the way, the Shimmer 79 DVD is going to be worth it for the four-way between Shazza McKenzie, Alysin Kay, Veda Scott and Mia Yim alone. It was one of the top two or three wrestling crowds I've ever been a part of, I don't think anybody took a single breath.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TheHock posted:

By the way, the Shimmer 79 DVD is going to be worth it for the four-way between Shazza McKenzie, Alysin Kay, Veda Scott and Mia Yim alone. It was one of the top two or three wrestling crowds I've ever been a part of, I don't think anybody took a single breath.

What was the actual dynamic there? Was it the match or did the crowd half a "funny half hour" that no one can explain? Sounded like the latter.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
The referee for the match was Andy Long, who'd had a really rough weekend of tapings. not counting count outs, not calling for DQs when heels were blatantly cheating in front of him (i.e. Yumi Ohka bringing a literal whip into her matches and whipping and choking people with it), being easily distracted when the heels did bother to distract him. Normal wrestling stuff, but he's not the most popular referee anyway, so at that point the crowd just turned on him when he was introduced for the match.

The boos just continued to drown out the introduction of the two heels, and then when the time came for the faces to get introduced just turned into booming cheers. That continued through the whole match, anytime a heel did anything the crowd would boo like crazy, whenever the faces would do anything the crowd would cheer. When Shazza eventually won, she might as well have won the world title.

It was mostly a goof on how awful the officiating was this weekend, but the match was good so the atmosphere became that much better. If the match had sucked, I don't think it could've been maintained.

I Love My Axe
Dec 30, 2009

Let's go Blue Pants!
Bitches were beating bitches with other bitches during that match.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I'm not generally a huge fan of women's wrestling, but I just watched the Table For 3 episode with Madusa/Ivory/Molly Holly, and I have to say I love these women.

Molly is as sweet as the world knows her to be. Madusa and Ivory are just like my awesome sassy aunties. God love these wrestlepersons being good people outside the ring.

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?
So, is anyone interested in a front row ticket to tonight's Stardom show in LA? It's an hour away from now, but I'm sick as balls and it would be a shame to see this go to waste.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

BrigadierSensible posted:

I'm not generally a huge fan of women's wrestling, but I just watched the Table For 3 episode with Madusa/Ivory/Molly Holly, and I have to say I love these women.

Molly is as sweet as the world knows her to be. Madusa and Ivory are just like my awesome sassy aunties. God love these wrestlepersons being good people outside the ring.

I think Madusa becoming a monster truck driver is the best possible outcome of any woman in wrestling.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Luigi Thirty posted:

I think Madusa becoming a monster truck driver is the best possible outcome of any woman in wrestling.

It's the best possible outcome of any career.

Like, there's no job where being a monster truck driver is a step down. "I was President of the United States of America for 8 years, and now I'm a monster truck driver."

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
How do you apply to be a monster truck driver?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

With most people in racing, it's usually just having a lot of money.

The old joke is: How do you make a small fortune in racing? Start with a large one.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I think it's a combination of money and having the right connections (hence all the multi-generational families in NASCAR)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Just like with wrestling, there are indies and D-leagues for races. I'd imagine any no-name race-jobber is gonna start there.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Is the WAVE show from August 9th featuring Minoru Suzuki vs. Mio Shirai available anywhere? I really loving want to see that match.

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?
Went to the Stardom USA show tonight. This was the first live wrestling show that I've attended. It was a hell of a lot of fun.

Opener was a six man tag with Act Yasukawa, Kyoko Kimura and Thunder Rosa vs. Brittany Wonder, Nicole Savoy and Datura. Thunder Rosa had two dozen members of her extended family at the show so there was a huge cheering section for her. Lots of "A-C-T" chants for Act, because she's incredible and deserves it. Lots of heel tactics by the Act squad, most of which went unnoticed by the ref, so the crowd started booing the ref. Kimura in particular is a great heel, great facial expressions and crowd responses. Act squad eventually won.

Santana Garrett vs. Kris Wolf in a non-title match. Not a big response for Santana, but Kris Wolf was super popular with the crowd and she probably had the strongest crowd response of the night. She's absolutely hilarious and adorably tiny, like 4'6" tiny. The crowd chanted "MEAT, MEAT, MEAT" for her and howled like wolves along with her. The kids in the crowd adored her; the little girl behind me kept yelling "LEAVE HER ALONE" when Santana started beating on Wolf. Wolf lost in about 5 minutes and the crowd booed Santana out.

Cheerleader Melissa v. Shayna Baszler in a Lady Luck Title Match. Shayna cut a quick pre-match promo implying that Melissa only held the title because she was the Stardom President. Very technical match, all mat wrestling and submission counters. Melissa attempted a Kondo clutch on Shayna three times in the match. Shayna countered the first, broke out of the second, but passed out in the third, giving Melissa the win.

Tag team match, Melina & Kairi Hojo vs. Hudson Envy & Mia Yim. I've never seen Mia Yim before, she's loving awesome. Great cheerful heel and good chemistry with Envy. At one point Hudson threw Melina and Mia yelled "WELCOME TO THE INDIES." In another sequence, Yim "tried" to suplex Melina a couple of times and failed. She then grunted, strained, and then did it on the third try before muttering "jesus, you've gained weight since the WWE." I died laughing. Lots of fun tag spots. Melina did different variations of her splits, to dodge strikes and did split to drop a boot on Envy. Kairi Hojo is a wonder to behold in person. Did a phenomenal spear (surprising, given how small she is), a top rope super man punch that looks like she's walking through air, and of course her badass elbow drop. Seriously great bumper, too. She's the real deal.

During the intermission, a group of fans suddenly realized Yoshi-Tatsu was in the building and started taking pictures with him. The guy is bigger/more ripped than I expected.

Final match, Goddesses of Stardom Tag Title match: Hiroyo Matsumoto & Kellie Slater vs. Io Shirai and Mayu Iwatani. Great tag match. Shirai and Iwatani were as awesome as I expected. They did a brutal looking spot where Shirai strung up Matsumoto spread-eagled in a corner and Iwatani did a running dropkick to Matsumoto's crotch. I've also never seen Kellie Slater, and she's also loving awesome... knows how to work a crowd real well. At one point she took an "Accidental" bump off the apron and she groaned and said "every single time." The crowd was doing alternating chants in support of Slater and Shirai.

After the show, Cheerleader Melissa brought the owner of Empire Wrestling Federation ringside and thanked him, as EWF had helped make the show happen. She also said that they'd try to do another Stardom show next year. I hope there'll be another one because I had a blast.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

Is the WAVE show from August 9th featuring Minoru Suzuki vs. Mio Shirai available anywhere? I really loving want to see that match.

The @purocentral guy just uploaded this after I asked him earlier today if it was around anywhere!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3a8tvu_minoru-suzuki-vs-mio-shirai-in-wave-on-august-9th-2015_sport

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I fell out of Joshi when it became so hard to find about 3 years back and I've only seen pictures of Kris Wolf, had no idea she was American (Or partially?) but she seems like a whole lot of fun. Here's a Vlog with Act, who's so excited about how cheap alcohol is in America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItXGoyHWuo8

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@we_are_stardom
BREAKING NEWS -Act Yasukawa announced today that she is retiring on Dec 23 at Korakuen Hall.She will hold a press conference this afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Chris James 2 posted:

@we_are_stardom
BREAKING NEWS -Act Yasukawa announced today that she is retiring on Dec 23 at Korakuen Hall.She will hold a press conference this afternoon.

drat, that's sad. It's because of the shooting incident, right?

• Locked thread