Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?
So, is anyone interested in a front row ticket to tonight's Stardom show in LA? It's an hour away from now, but I'm sick as balls and it would be a shame to see this go to waste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Susano-maku da!
Nov 12, 2003

Hi. Did you order the Mongolian… Beef?
Went to the Stardom USA show tonight. This was the first live wrestling show that I've attended. It was a hell of a lot of fun.

Opener was a six man tag with Act Yasukawa, Kyoko Kimura and Thunder Rosa vs. Brittany Wonder, Nicole Savoy and Datura. Thunder Rosa had two dozen members of her extended family at the show so there was a huge cheering section for her. Lots of "A-C-T" chants for Act, because she's incredible and deserves it. Lots of heel tactics by the Act squad, most of which went unnoticed by the ref, so the crowd started booing the ref. Kimura in particular is a great heel, great facial expressions and crowd responses. Act squad eventually won.

Santana Garrett vs. Kris Wolf in a non-title match. Not a big response for Santana, but Kris Wolf was super popular with the crowd and she probably had the strongest crowd response of the night. She's absolutely hilarious and adorably tiny, like 4'6" tiny. The crowd chanted "MEAT, MEAT, MEAT" for her and howled like wolves along with her. The kids in the crowd adored her; the little girl behind me kept yelling "LEAVE HER ALONE" when Santana started beating on Wolf. Wolf lost in about 5 minutes and the crowd booed Santana out.

Cheerleader Melissa v. Shayna Baszler in a Lady Luck Title Match. Shayna cut a quick pre-match promo implying that Melissa only held the title because she was the Stardom President. Very technical match, all mat wrestling and submission counters. Melissa attempted a Kondo clutch on Shayna three times in the match. Shayna countered the first, broke out of the second, but passed out in the third, giving Melissa the win.

Tag team match, Melina & Kairi Hojo vs. Hudson Envy & Mia Yim. I've never seen Mia Yim before, she's loving awesome. Great cheerful heel and good chemistry with Envy. At one point Hudson threw Melina and Mia yelled "WELCOME TO THE INDIES." In another sequence, Yim "tried" to suplex Melina a couple of times and failed. She then grunted, strained, and then did it on the third try before muttering "jesus, you've gained weight since the WWE." I died laughing. Lots of fun tag spots. Melina did different variations of her splits, to dodge strikes and did split to drop a boot on Envy. Kairi Hojo is a wonder to behold in person. Did a phenomenal spear (surprising, given how small she is), a top rope super man punch that looks like she's walking through air, and of course her badass elbow drop. Seriously great bumper, too. She's the real deal.

During the intermission, a group of fans suddenly realized Yoshi-Tatsu was in the building and started taking pictures with him. The guy is bigger/more ripped than I expected.

Final match, Goddesses of Stardom Tag Title match: Hiroyo Matsumoto & Kellie Slater vs. Io Shirai and Mayu Iwatani. Great tag match. Shirai and Iwatani were as awesome as I expected. They did a brutal looking spot where Shirai strung up Matsumoto spread-eagled in a corner and Iwatani did a running dropkick to Matsumoto's crotch. I've also never seen Kellie Slater, and she's also loving awesome... knows how to work a crowd real well. At one point she took an "Accidental" bump off the apron and she groaned and said "every single time." The crowd was doing alternating chants in support of Slater and Shirai.

After the show, Cheerleader Melissa brought the owner of Empire Wrestling Federation ringside and thanked him, as EWF had helped make the show happen. She also said that they'd try to do another Stardom show next year. I hope there'll be another one because I had a blast.

• Locked thread