Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Flameingblack posted:

DDT, one of the larger independent promotions in Japan has drawn around 9,000 people at Sumo Hall. They're pulling roughly the same numbers that NOAH draws at Sumo Hall (And recently beating them in certain occasions). I have no idea how much Dragon Gate pulls for Sumo Hall, and I'm sure NJPW could easily sell it out if they were there more often.

Dragon Gate only ran it in 2009 & 2010 for their Gate of Anniversary PPV. I can't find the 2009 number but the 2010 number was 10500. That was the end of the Doi reign, which was a low point. I think NOAH got 5000 on their last show.

The last show that I remember doing really mid four digits was the retirement show that Shida won the Ice Ribbon championship. I don't expect it paid to top it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Sub Rosa posted:

Tessa Blanchard and Hania the Huntress was a worse match than I expected Tessa to be capable of. In fact she was probably the best worker on the whole card. Her selling is just so loving good. Also I loved that she was wearing one black with polka dots knee pad in honor of Dusty. There was still some confusing face/heel dynamics as Tessa is so over in the Carolinas that she is received as a face, and Hania was working heel, but Tessa still tends to sort of work heel.

I saw Tessa in Spartanburg, SC in February and she was so good. There wasn't any confusing with the face/heel dynamic; she was against Mickie James and was eating up all the boos she could get. Wonder why she hasn't got a NXT offer. Wasn't she thought of as someone to go through Tough Enough, Rovert?

• Locked thread