Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Can you share your dungeon keeper game across iOS and android like you can Clash of Clans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

the littlest prince posted:

You probably shouldn't lie on those things by the way. It's unethical and could creative an incentive for those that offer them to stop offering them in the long term. Realistically, they probably won't ever know, so I guess you have to weigh it against your value system.

For the $5 I've gotten out of it, I guess it's not a huge deal either way.

Maybe my reading comprehension is off of the rails, but who is suggesting being dishonest in these surveys?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

the littlest prince posted:

Up the page a bit.

Ah, missed the context on that one. Yeah, don't do that.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

How is Out There on a smaller screen like the Moto X? It's the device that will be on me most of the time, if it's too small it'll have to be the ipad.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

andrew smash posted:

I play it on a gs3 and it's fine, the art looks good and there are no readability problems.

Tunga posted:

I play it on N5 and it's perfectly fine. There is no twitch-based gameplay at all and the smallest thing you have to tap is a start on a sparsely populated starmap so it's really not a problem.

Great, thanks! Purchased!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

EdBlackadder posted:

For anyone playing Out There, do solar/gravity sails need to be adjacent to specific systems to work and do they stack? I currently have both installed and I'm not seeing any benefit.

Yes, dependent systems need to be adjacent. You'll see them as active as their block will glow. Zero information about that and only stumbled on that little tidbit accidentally.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

tater_salad posted:

Amazons giving a bunch of stuff away again.
Sonic racing is one of the apps, won't install on my note 2 though :(

Carcassone!

Weird thing though, none of the apps will install on my Nexus 7. It downloads and when I go to click install on the screen where it highlights the permissions there is no response. Cancel and back work just fine, just install isn't clickable despite appearing so.

Any ideas?

edit: Installing from My Apps worked

TraderStav fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 31, 2014

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Anyone else having audio issues with The Walking Dead Season 1 on their Nexus 7 over bluetooth? I downloaded it for a flight and the sound was all distorted and out of sync. Almost as if it was playing at 25% speed with lots of cutting out. When I do it with the speakers, it's just fine.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Wendell posted:

For gently caress's sake, Goons.

That clan is not an officially sanctioned goon clan and disturbs us too. We be slangin' hoes or whatever also falls into that category.

ShowmeyourPekka is legit though

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

FYI: There's a thread for the game: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3663856

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

What's the verdict on Civ2:Rev? Is it a fair port from the PC version of the franchise or a lovely cash-grab ala Sim City / Dungeon Keeper? Will it scratch a decent Civ itch when I can't be at my PC?

Would primarily be playing it on my Nexus 7 (2013) or my Z3c if it's feasible on that small of a screen.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

coyo7e posted:

Sounds like there's some energy-management stuff going on a la simpsons tapped out etc, where you collect in-game scrip by tapping on coins and poo poo. Also some of the reviews report it requires an online connection and checks it every few minutes.

Sounds lame, looks pretty. Too bad because I loved Civ Rev on my xbox. :(

Meh, will pass. Rather use Limelight to stream to my tablet with the real deal anyway.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Doctor Epitaph posted:

I got one of these a month back. Works like a charm on my 2012 N7.
http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Telescopic-Controller-IP117/dp/B00MUG3JPU

Biggest complaint is that it isn't very portable, but that's kind of to be expected.

Can this be remapped to act like a mouse? Thinking Civilization over Limelight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Threes!

• Locked thread