Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
I am sure they would be much more popular as a movement if a single one of them was able to spell correctly, or write or say anything without coming across as incredibly ignorant, reactionary and hateful.

I've known real die hard racist old men who also hate the EDL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
loving hell, none of them can spell or write a coherent sentence. loving racist idiots.

"Civil war is now a question of IF not WHEN".... uhh....

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

The hardest thing about being a racist is knowing which race to hate the most.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

British Tim posted:

I don't support the EDL but I do support their right to exist as long as we have hate filled Islamic clerics living here recruiting suicide bombers and stirring up religious hatred. Anyone not wanting to fit into our society (schooling, language and our laws) should never have been given the right to stay. We all know this multicultural experiment has utterly failed. There are plenty of Muslim countries that these people can seek sanctuary in if they hate us soo much. The trouble is although many of them hate us, they have used the court of human rights to their advantage, supported by the PC brigade to stay here. These fanatics are here and we can't get rid of them, which I think is more deeply worrying than a bunch of football hooligans and needs to be addressed.

Why can't we deal with Muslamic fanatics and horrible fascist nazi wankers at the same time? When did it become either/or?

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Wish I hadn't bothered replying now. Either a fascist or a troll (likely both), either way I'm ashamed I wasted 30 seconds replying to him.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I know that fascism and intimidation are no laughing matter when their targets are the already-poor and marginalized, but the british slang terms are all so cutesy to me that I giggle whenever I read them.

I SAY I'VE NICKED YOUR POST Ol' CHUM, WHAT SAY WE GO POFF A DONKER AND STICK A MUZZIE UP THE WICKET ROIGHT.

We even have a cutesy version of the n-bomb. "nig-nog"

Perfect for children's stories.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Chocolate Teapot posted:

I can't help but see some horrible irony in them whinging about "stone age scumbags" against someone who was protesting against the horrors of the system. More likely that it was someone who looked foreign, how dare they etc.

These comments have me open mouthed in disbelief. Surely a young girl fighting against an oppressive theocracy, going against the "muzzy" way, being treated in England is a cause for celebration right? It shows maybe we (white english born and bred ya coont) ARE better than the muzzy scum right?

Nope.

I'm aghast at this level of stupidity. I haven't even thought about the word aghast for 20 odd years but here I am using it right now because it accurately reflects how I feel.

Aghast.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Shelf Adventure posted:

You do have to wonder, a lot of them put a lot of effort into denying that their racist and instead patriotic but what do they consider racist? It's obvious they realise that society considers racism a bad thing and want to distance themselves from the term, but where do they draw the line?

Sadly, the answer to the question is probably when the white man is being oppressed, which is hilarious considering how thin skinned they are to their own perceived racism.

The only edl sympathiser I know constantly claims the white british man is being oppressed in the uk due to marxist liberals defending the immigrant and muslims. He considers the racist things he says as required to redress the balance, and doesn't think he's actually racist, just on the defensive.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

"I paid 10 dollars to troll some anti-fascists (badly)"

Please add the above to the ban message when you get around to it. Thanks mods!

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Heinzanova posted:

I am not anti-semitic, I don't hate all Jewish people or their religion! I am anti-Israel as a state that should not exist on Palestinian land and anti-zionist which you reds should be also, as zionism is nationalism.

We're not all "reds" here you loving clown troll.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Heinzanova posted:

I aint a troll, but you all sure act and talk like reds!

Let me prove my red credentials by giving you the $10 you will need to buy your account back again brother. What's your paypal?

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

goomsnarr posted:

Exactly how do they justify throwing a Nazi salute whilst laying a wreath at a memorial dedicated to people who died fighting the Nazis?

I don't think they try to justify it because they are a bunch of loving drunk morons

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Croydon tram lady was convicted of being a knucklehead?

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Why can't I post this photo to facebook? Even if I host it myself. hmmmm...

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

You have to fight the far right with logic and reason guys.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Spacedad posted:

It probably doesn't help your cause to be xenophobic regarding outsider criticism. That's something that only the fascists should be doing.

Also, we keep telling you how to fight the far right because we've gotten really good at it. America has a lot of problems, but we're pretty rad when it comes to keeping political violence committed by the far right in check. I think it's partly because we're a culture obsessed with hunting down the 'nazi bad guys.'

It probably doesn't help your cause to use American exceptionalism to try and win your argument.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Your custom title accurately reflects your opinions as far as I can see.

edit - oh it's gone already.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

It was a picture of a gay anime hitler and underneath it was the text "I'm a gay guy who's been the victim of homophobic assault, but I asked him nicely to stop and it hasn't happened again since. Problem solved."

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

That awkward moment when you see somebody you were friends with at university in some photos of an EDL march.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Serotonin posted:

We don't really have sports bars here in the UK though do we? Not in the sense that they do in the US for example.

We certainly do in Sunny Croydon (tm)

goddamnedtwisto posted:

There's a few of them, and they're loving terrible.

They are quite good if you want to watch some sport and have a drink in a place with some atmosphere.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Great punch. I'm a big giant coward baby who hates violence but that raised a smile because I know full well that they have given people that and worse before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Benjamin Arthur posted:

I'm serious. It's a real tragedy that a man can't just wander into a kebab shop and racially abuse people without consequence. Free speech in this country is dead.

I know what you mean you can't even write racial abuse in excrement on someone's car without the politically correct brigade jumping down your throat these days.

• Locked thread