Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

Bryter posted:

Laughing in particular isn't conducive to stopping them.

I agree with the 'bash the fash' sentiment, however:

No EDL discussion is complete without the following picture (taken at an EDL rally in my hometown).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

thehustler posted:

They are scary people. I was honestly quite worried about what may happen, even with the huge police presence. People like that are very strange in the head, I would love to see a bunch of studies done on people who harbour far-right views to find out what happened to them and how they reached that point.

The Authoritarians by Bob Altemeyer tends to get brought up a lot.

http://members.shaw.ca/jeanaltemeyer/drbob/TheAuthoritarians.pdf

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

GimpChimp posted:

It's possible it was more a reaction to the EDL's constant provocation on Islam, though, like Stephen Lennon's attempted Koran-burning stunt. Last time I looked at their Facebook page Allah was referred to as a paedophile. Then again they refer to pretty much anyone in opposition to them as a paedophile, which I don't know whether to take as amusing or kind of concerning.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

KayTee posted:

Tommy Robinson :words:

You forgot the best line.

Tommy Robinson posted:

My face is my hoody.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

Cerv posted:

Their 2 EU seats aren't their only electoral success.
Council elections in England don't use PR and the BNP won some in the past (although they haven't retained them very successfully).

The BNP also came out against AV during the referendum.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

Igiari posted:

I have heard (but I don't know how true it is) that in pre-9/11 days, the far-right was much more accommodating to Muslims, seeing them as a 'natural' ally against the classic far-right bugbear, Jewish people.

The American Nazi Party & The Nation of Islam.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

Crashbee posted:

I'd guess they imagine calling someone a 'black oval office' is the same as saying 'a oval office (who happens to be black)'.

"It doesn't count if you're angry. It's no different than falling someone who's fat a fat bastard."

Overheard at work today :bang:

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

6EQUJ5 posted:

Not UKIP related, has anyone else come across people repeating what they call "The Mantra"? Essentially it's the remains of a spamming campaign from a few years ago where adherents are told to post "anti-racist is a codeword for anti-white" as far and wide as possible, with the purpose of promoting the idea that there's a "white genocide" underway. They have a guide for how to argue with people (i.e. never present facts no matter how often you're asked for them, keep repeating "the mantra", be shrill etc etc) and a message board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXrnzOrZmmw

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

I'm sure I've posted this before but I'm putting it up again as it's still the best photo of the EDL.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

Roblo posted:

I think the reason there was so many UAF arrests as opposed to the fash. is that the fash left at the end of their alloted marching time or whatever. the UAF apparently didn't.

The police extended the fash's allotted marching time.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

If the borders closed tomorrow wages would not rise one pence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

Tragic Peculiar posted:

Isn't Workers Hammer from the Sparts? The ones whose only notable activity is counter protesting other tiny left factions?

• Locked thread