Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The trailer for Terminator:Salvation made it seem like the movie might turn out really good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owrEMGg4x3M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Maybe the aliens actually won the war and is loving with his mind and making him snuff out the survivors of the human race unknowingly :smugdog:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

PriorMarcus posted:

My understanding is that there were several months, even years, between the initial attacks. Also I'm not sure why you expected to get all that back story from the trailer, or why you really care about the logistics of constructing a giant robot warrior.

Decades more likely. Del Toro revealed that the child we see early on in the trailer is the Asian pilot in the past when the monsters first attacked. Since she's an adult during the "current" events in the trailer humanity must have been fighting the Kaijus for a very long time

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I have been desensitised towards movie violence because nothing in that trailer grossed me out. Though that girl playing the Deadite is doing a really good job and the movie looks like fun so I'll probably go watch it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That's because it looks awesome

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I thought the remake of "The Ring" was a lot better than the original. Like, a lot.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The trailer was just a bunch of random footage. The cinematography looked good in a few shots but it wasn't very intruiging beyond that

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

kiimo posted:

Um...

Is that Marilyn Manson at the beginning?

:stare:

He's listed at the end so uh, maybe? I don't really know how the guy looks like without his makeup

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Probably

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Gonz posted:

Was it ever explained why humanity had abandoned Earth for several miillenia, and why seemingly every species on the planet transformed into demon monster killing machines since they've been gone?

Judging from the new trailer it seems to be weather related. There's a short scene where you see the weather change almost instantly

Maybe they screwed up the the planet so it wasn't feasible for humans to remain there and then the survivors all left while the animals left on Earth evolved into beastlier versions of themselves to survive :haw:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Jim looked to be the only good part of that trailer

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Nothing really stood out to me in that except Cumberbatch and his voice :allears:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I think it looks fun. :shobon: I haven't read the book though so I don't really care if it's accurate to it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They look like the rage zombies from 28 days later, except millions of them all at once

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah it looks solid. They seem to have chemistry

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
More robots, man. Pacific Rim Wondercon Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95x0uk6bz_0

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Michael Bay has made one good spectacle space movie (Armageddon) and it wasn't even that good. Mostly it was held up by the russian guy

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah I've seen it. He's awesome as Satan

He does so much crap but when he's on he's ON

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
There are scenes in that trailer alone that are cooler and more exciting than anything in any of the 3 Transformers movies

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Not sure what to think of Gravity yet, but the visuals were pretty striking in that trailer alone so it looks to be a beautiful piece at least

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I haven't seen her around much. I liked her in Speed I guess

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It does look like a bit of a retread of Pitch Black but I kind of loved Pitch Black so I'm not sure I'm bothered by this. I'm curious to see what the Necromongers roles are in this though. I know Urban is in it but I didn't spot him in the trailer, only some generic Necromonger guy

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He looked fine to me. The voice and personality of it all will be a lot more important

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Obsurveyor posted:

Their movement looks like really bad CGI. Everything appears to be moving at non-natural speeds, like a video running slightly too fast, especially for zero gravity. It's comical how much they ignore the impact small movements in zero gravity make.

I agree. The CGI isn't bad but the animation isn't completely natural. The rest of the spectacle made up for it though

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That's the movie where the infected people poop out aliens from their butts right

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Maybe he starts out being very human but then they keep reprogramming him until he's basically just a robot. Then he fights this somehow and at the end of the movie he's regained some of himself again

The way he spoke in parts of the trailer made it seem he was very human still, compared to the original robocop

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The trailer looked okay. I didn't think the voiceover worked very well but the racing stuff looked okay

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah I didn't really mind the footage, though I had a hard time understanding what the story was going to be (some sort of time travel shenanigans? Why can they even travel through time???). Worst though was the actual editing of the trailer. Like the poster above said, that cut around 1:25 is laughable

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 29, 2013

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIu85WQTPRc

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 25, 2014

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What was the interesting premise?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The spirit was so bad it makes me frustrated just remembering it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'm not a fan of any of the spiderman movies but I'm curious about this one because of the villains. Rhino by Paul Giamatti and Electro by Jamie Foxx will be fun I think

The twink who plays Harry Osborn looks pretty boring though

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Uh that VHS trailer was horrible. I actually found some of it comical and none of it scary

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I thought it looked dumb as well but it doesn't feel like a big deal

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Eh, I get no strong impression from that trailer. Looks like it could be fun, I guess. I just saw a bunch of CGI and not much else

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
immortals had a few cool scenes but overall it was a pretty mediocre movie

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Brosnan was a good bond in my opinion, but only Golden Eye was a remotely good Bond movie of his. The other ones were super bad

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
uhhh, whats the movie about

• Locked thread