Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I previously posted this trailer in the movie poster thread, I'd said it's worthy of posting here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDdE5uT_xKg

It might be a popcorn movie, but it's still ridiculous how much of the plot it gives away. The only thing that seems to be missing is a shot of Willem Dafoe dying.

Also, here's the same trailer without any voices!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Speaking of Two Steps from Hell: if there's any song that comes close to being used as much as Lux Aeterna, it's this one.
e;f,b on the Lux Aeterna mention
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRLdhFVzqt4

Or any song from E.S. Posthumus' album "Unearthed" for that matter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AEU5pBxY6E

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Hey, it could be worse. Imagine cutting a trailer for The Watch now.
Edit: Even though the plot synopsis on IMDB reveals that movie is going in a completely different direction than I expected :stare:

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 20, 2012

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

*FOGHORN*

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

So where does this movie fit in the... Riddickverse?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I've been frequently going to the movie theater in the past two months and I'm really glad that you can actually see The Fast & Furious 6 now. I think there was a trailer for it before every single movie. It got old pretty drat quick.

However, I doubt I'll ever tire of the (third) trailer for Man of Steel. The music, the words, the whole drat thing... it gives me chills every single time. And I never even liked Superman (the other movies AND as a hero) all that much.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

They couldn't have possibly picked a better song for that trailer/movie.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It just shows a complete lack of research into proper dragon anatomy. I mean, did they even browse DeviantArt?

They did and Smaug now has a gigantic penis. Thanks DeviantArt!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Every once in a while it's nice to have a trailer that isn't one-liner after one-liner stitched together by bombastic orchestral music.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

"Like Taxi Driver for nerds".

Yep.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Not surprised they want to change the future, because it looks like the dullest place ever :v:

I'm not a fan of trailers that use music from a different picture which is so intertwined with the movie. I recognize the second song as well but I can't put a name to it at the moment, so mustn't be that iconic. That doesn't bother me so much.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 29, 2013

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Does that guy make movies just to give his own music some more exposure?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

kiimo posted:

AYNIK sounds like a good one though. Meh there never really was a great name for this. I kinda liked Replay and Tomorrow Never Comes, they also considered The Final Day and Live Die Repeat. They all have problems.

What about Groundhog Day II? :v:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

davidspackage posted:

Goddamn. That trailer alone must've had people terrified when it came out. (Exorcist)

It may have even been worse for them, because they weren't used to the fast cutting which is commonplace these days.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I thought this was The Expendables 3 trailer?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6saBTmRoZyA

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 18, 2014

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Nosferatu-lookin' Charles Dance has my attention.

Too bad he'll be in the movie for like 10 minutes at best as Count MacGuffin.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

They really should have turned that from a comedy into some kind of mumblecore movie during editing. Right now I can't imagine watching that and laughing a single time :smith:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

That's one of the reasons I don't see horror movies in the theater (the other is that most of them are terrible). Jumpscares don't make you jump because something popped up out of nowhere, but because you just got blasted with a violin note at 110 dB.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

There's a shot of him 2:17 in.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Also, someone lowering the hood on the robe to reveal their face. Probably Mark Hamill.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

I recognized Dies Irae in the latter half of the trailer, but what was the music earlier, just before the shot of Charlize Theron kneeling and screaming? It sounded familiar to me but I can't place it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmqYuMvVGFw&feature=player_detailpage#t=300

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Isn't it basically just his standup persona?

Nah, it's his character from Real Husbands of Hollywood!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

teagone posted:

The first thing to come up after I did a quick google search to see what Suge was up to led me to find out he killed someone recently by running them over in his car. I laughed.

There's an important detail about this incident:
"Early this morning, LA Sheriff’s deputies arrested Suge Knight on suspicion of murder for the fatal hit and run that occurred near the set of the commercial being shot for the upcoming F. Gary Gray-directed N.W.A biopic Straight Outta Compton."

I am not making GBS threads you.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It had it's moments but the 3 versus 1 double knives-fight was the dumbest poo poo ever.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXSMr1o5zvA&t=14s

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 11, 2015

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It's a shame that the second trailer for Child 44 isn't available online yet, because it features a game of "spot the actor who is NOT doing an Russian accent". Granted, he may only be in the movie for a minute or so.

It's Charles Dance.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I wasn't expecting the Stan Lee cameo in Big Hero 6 and I didn't know there was more to it than the portrait until weeks later when I found out it had a post-credits sequence.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

morestuff posted:

That Jack Ryan reboot was the worst movie I caught last year.

While it was nothing special, it wasn't as bad as Sin City: A Dame To Kill For which was a terrible, terrible movie that drags down the original in it's fall.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Apr 4, 2015

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The cocky hero fighting the bald villain wearing a seemingly superior super-suit is so Iron Man 1.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Alehkhs posted:

Dungeons and Dragons? Psh... Vin Diesel plays The Most Dangerous Game.

The Last Witch Hunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQaYwtJTIhk

You know nothing, Dom Toretto,

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Does the brother with the glasses spend half the movie desperately looking for a toilet?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The real question about this Jobs movie is who will portray Jonathan Ive. The one in the Kutcher movie had a very punchable face, so that was some excellent casting. Will they top that?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Harminoff posted:

Not a trailer but a clip for Final Girls. What a cast, though I don't really understand what this movie is about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_girl
tl;dr horror movie tropes

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

He used to be a werewolf, but he's all right noOOOOOOOOOOOOWWW.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

TheFallenEvincar posted:

That soulpatch nearly stopped me from being able to play the video and now I wish it had. I like the lame copycat San Andreas trailer music trend, if you get what I'm trying to say.

That trend has been a thing since the The Social Network trailer.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

kiimo posted:

How hard is it for Ashton Kutcher to watch that trailer?

Not as hard as it was for other people to watch his movie.

That movie featured rear end in a top hat Steve segments just to tick some "balanced perspective" checkbox. On a whole that movie would have benefitted a lot from perspective gained by simply not making a movie about Jobs within a decade after his death. I have more faith in this movie, but I'm skeptical nonetheless.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Being part of a cast of 30+ regular characters or having the lead role in a different show, hmmhm. No one is going to deny the risk of quitting a very successful series, but even if this show doesn't get renewed he is going to get more screentime in a string of episodes than he would have gotten in 3 or 4 seasons of GoT altogether. It wouldn't be spread out over several years too. He is probably going to get more auditions and casting calls from this move.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jul 6, 2015

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Urban destruction really was everyone's favorite part of the previous Superman movie. Then again, I guess it is an important plot point for this one.

kiimo posted:

Ever since those reports came out about how difficult she is and how her mother is likely the worst part of it, she's had trouble landing real roles.

I haven't heard those stories, but it sounds like she and Thora Birch could start a support group.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 11, 2015

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I guess trailers with slow & sad cover songs are still going to be a thing for the next couple of years.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

All your praise is putting this movie on my "don't watch/read anything about this movie" list. I'll be skipping this trailer :)

TheFallenEvincar posted:

That's pretty uncool. Alejandro should've introduced Tom Hardy's natural predator Shia LaBeouf as retaliation

:golfclap:

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jul 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

It totally just spoiled the bear for me!

Haha, sorry if my previous post came across as a bit silly, I am just a bit spoiled when it comes to movies. I pay 20 euros a month to see all what I want to see at a nearby cinema. When the main investment becomes free time instead of money, it doesn't take much to convince you to get your rear end in a seat. Trailers sometimes feel more like spoilers than a swift sneak peek.

• Locked thread