Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UntunedGuitar47
Nov 21, 2008
Just pre-ordered an ASUS Strix OC (10 phases, 8+6 powerconnectors, blah blah) for 800 Smackers, let's hope that it releases soon. :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UntunedGuitar47
Nov 21, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Where'd you preorder the Asus from?

Alternate.de, i guess that won't help you much if you're not from Germany.

edit: Yeah, I am also surprised about the AIB prices that are known by now. I would have thought that the overclocked whathaveyou-versions would be closer to 900 bucks.

UntunedGuitar47 fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 27, 2016

UntunedGuitar47
Nov 21, 2008
Welp, a German site reviewed the ASUS 1080 Strix OC. Link (if you like Google Translate or can speak/read German)

Basically, when you don't mess around with the power-target, the card hits it pretty drat quick, the noiselevels are about the same as a Flounder Edition, temps are better (around 73C° out of the box).

I just don't know why there is an 8+6 pin powerconnector, if a FE can hit about the same speeds etc. (but at a way higher noiselevel) with just one 8 pin connector. Overall it feels a bit disappointing to me and canceled the preorder and preordered an EVGA 1080 FTW instead, which is cheaper, and has potential to be better and/or quieter than the ASUS.

UntunedGuitar47
Nov 21, 2008
gently caress all this poo poo and waiting for pre-orders and EVGA can't get their poo poo in Europe together and poo poo! After missing out on a Gainward GLH on tuesday, I saw that a store here in Germany had one Palit 1080 Super Jetstream (basically the same card as the Gainward) in stock and that fucker is on it's way to me and should be here tomorrow!
:boom:

UntunedGuitar47
Nov 21, 2008

Icept posted:

So I decided to make a bad decision:

Motherfucker is heavy compared to the ol' MSI 970 4G. Anyone have a comparison or benchmark with the 970 they want done before I put this into place?

And yes, the "Super" is a nice little sticker on the box :v:

Hey Super Jetstream buddy, got mine today and am just done with installing it. Now I'm gonna take it for some rides, hell yeah. :respek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UntunedGuitar47
Nov 21, 2008

Icept posted:

Aww yeah :respek:

How is your card performing? I did not futz around with any overclocking and stuff and mine is between 1911 and 1979 MHz on boost. Most of the time it's either at 1949 or 1924 MHz at 70°C and close to inaudible. I'm very satisfied with my purchase and Doom on max settings is freaking gorgeous. :allears: