Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I really wish the guy behind FF9 Unleashed would publish a complete list of changes. I really want to know what he did with Odin because I was consistently slaying Grand Dragons in a single attempt for several battles and then suddenly it stopped working. It's possible it was just a fluke that he downed them for like ten consecutive battles, but it's hard to tell.

For those wondering, he changed the Grand Dragon's level so Lv5 Death abuse no longer works :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Every time I play through the end of disc 3 in FFIX I feel like the entire sequence is rushed. Were all four shrines supposed to be full dungeons with Fiend battles at the end? Not being able to play through them like that seems a bit shortsighted for what amounts to Final Fantasy's Greatest Hits Vol. 1.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

TARDISman posted:

Yeah because THAT distinction makes it ok.

Shut up! Sit your rear end down in that chair and drink your goddamn TEA!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Rirse posted:

Can we all agree the worst character in Final Fantasy is the kid at the Final Fantasy VI Auction House. Nothing is more annoying then trying to get the two espers only for the talking chocobo or the other crap appear and waste time for the 'hilarious' scene with the kid's dad buying it.

I was about to agree with you but then I thought that there were probably a ton of suckers out there that actually grinded a billion gil or whatever just to find out it's a scripted event anyway. Those people make the kid worth it.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I just figured the other black mages made them. They revered Vivi and were not really receptive to the idea of their people vanishing forever (unlike Vivi himself, who seemed to have come to terms with it).

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Put all but one character in the back row and give the front row dude two shields and you'll be virtually invulnerable to melee attacks

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Tae posted:

More RPGs should follow the FFX method of letting anyone in at anytime, and I don't know why there hasn't been one since, especially in a copycat industry.

Breath if Fire IV does this too.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Kanfy posted:

Don't think it was mentioned in this thread yet, but the demo version of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call is available on the 3DS e-shop. Comes with 2 themes, Edgar and Sabin's theme from FFVI and Advent Children version of J-E-N-O-V-A. Three difficulties for each track.

I'm terrible at it but it's also terribly addicting.

Speaking of, I actually just bought the first game. I like it, but it could use a bit of work. I'm kind of disappointed that the tracks are basically direct rips and not at all modified for this kind of game (e.g. with added flourishes or proper endings). The I - V music tends to get insanely repetitive as a result. Most disappointing of all, the game boasts marvellous remastered tracks in the menus and you can't play them or anything like them. At least, that's the impression because I haven't really been playing enough to get a feel for the types of unlockable content.

I'll have to check out that demo. I'm liking how Curtain Call looks so far.

Beef Waifu posted:

That Metal Slime PS4 ain't being sold to Americans, that's for sure.

This is the first time I've heard of this so I had to look it up:

Please tell me that metal babble ornament is included :allears:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Kanfy posted:

Probably not the best timing since CC includes everything from the original game, including the DLC tracks. Full list is here.

Oh god dammit :doh:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Himuro posted:

It has been improved time and time again, so going back to it always feels like a tremendous step back.

This. If you've already played FFV (or Bravely Default, for that matter) trying to get through FFIII is just going to make you wish you were playing one of those two instead.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Esthar soldiers already look like those sectoid things anyway.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Allarion posted:

I just wanted Final Fantasy Picross on my phone but alas.

Holy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

DoctorX posted:

You wouldn't like Golden Sun then.

Did Golden Sun have a plot? Was it behind all of the characters emoting every 30 seconds?