Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is there any loving reason to have a THIEF in the party in Final Fantasy because so far (everyone at 10-11 level) it just seems like I'm crippling my party having FTWB as the set-up)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

cock hero flux posted:

Thief is actually completely useless, they're physical attackers but do less damage and have less survivability than fighters and black belts. They're about as good at fighting as a Red Mage but without the ability to do magic.

Well gently caress :( About five levels ago I noticed Pepu (my THIEF) couldn't hit loving poo poo and when he did hit, he didn't do much damage. He can't even steal anything! Is there any reason not to go Fighter Fighter White Black?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

I don't like to have more than one Fighter becuase you don't get more than one XCAL. But if we're talking straight optimization, even though Black Belt starts out poo poo, they're hands down the best in the NES version because they're the only class that can one-shot the final boss.

Well gently caress. I beat the Sony Playstation home computer system version with a figher + thief + white + black party back in the day but don't really remember much about it. Now I'm playing the Nintendo Classic Mini home computer system version and am really regretting trying to do the same, especially since it lacks the QOL changes in the PS version.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Eh, it's not that bad. The cel-shaded look is cool and we always need more David Duchovny anyways.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I think the people who made the game probably didn't put half as much thought into any of the characters that people ITT have already done.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I tried playing SaGa Frontier when it first came out and was insanely confused and died to every enemy I tried to fight and never got anywhere

Try Nahlakh.

E: oh this was the JRPG thread. It's not J.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Final Fantasy taught me that no spell that doesn't do direct damage will ever have any effect on any enemy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TheHoosier posted:

FFX and FFT did a good job of encouraging use of status/buff/debuff magic, IMO. Hell it was downright necessary in some cases

I haven't really played Final Fantasy X yet because I had such a hard time tolerating the pissbaby player character.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ineffective.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TheHoosier posted:

FFIV is great so far.

Oh it's not loss :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Elephant Ambush posted:

LOL this game seems poorly designed!

But enough about Final Fantasy 2.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Final Fantasy 16: Ultros

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I heard we're talking Final Fantasy DESIGN CRIMES

YOU CAN'T SEE HER VAGINA BONES BECASUSE OF THAT JOCK STARP
:goonsay:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Computer video games are literally literally a waste of time. Like books and movies and shitposting and hating anime. Whether I waste it doing A or doing B is irrelevant as long as I'm enjoying myself.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TheHoosier posted:

Whenever I get around to replaying 6, should I play the mobile version or just stick with the SNES version?

Sony Playstation home computer system version :kheldragar:

e: Oh that's not the smiley I meant to use but :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ulmont posted:

“e” like “ay” in play, “o” like “o” in go

Yeah nah don't make diphthongs out of vowels it's most likely to be all wrong TIA :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ulmont posted:

The author was trying to get the sound across to a lay audience.

Well he did an absolute poo poo job at it and managed to spread disinformation instead of anything helpful so he should be smacked.