Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Yo how do I start the expert trial missions in Type-0? I accepted one but going to the world map doesn't start the strategy game or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dq8 was awesome

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I got Type-0 for $40 from Walmart and am enjoying it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think the chocobo racing was the only one I got.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Veib posted:

I've been playing it for a couple hours now and at least so far I kinda like it. I haven't managed to run out of F2P energy yet. Gameplay is just repeated battles, but as a shameless fanservice product it seems pretty loving exceptional. 16-bit sprites even from the newer games! Music from when Final Fantasy was still good (ie. you were 12)! Nostalgia overload!

Downloaded this as well. I would pay a lot of money for FFIV Complete PSP-quality sprite remakes of all the hideous Final Fantasies (7-12).

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wait the cast is all male? how are they gonna sell anime figures and poo poo then

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats the point of an anime series if not to sell anime figures. I'll never understand Japan

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Yeah IIRC the best way to break FFX is to get Yojimbo and summon him in every battle and pay him 2 gil and then when you get to the superbosses you can pay him a negligible amount and an instant kill is p much guaranteed.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why dont you make it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey Fungah can you go to PSP and make a thread for the wwe supercard skinner box thing so people stop talking about it

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

between type-0 and ff6 you might have 30 characters

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

where does Theatrhythm factor into this?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whens that ff14 expansion due

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

baram. posted:

FF4 Complete on PSP is the best version.

remake ff6-9 with ff4 complete quality sprites imo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Any minimization of Cloud is a net win imo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gimmicking Yojimbo seems like a lot of time and effort but once you realize how badass his whole design and animation is it becomes worth it real quick. just pay him 2 gold every turn and use him in every battle imo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

git gud

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

I've only played the Advance version of FFV so I gotta say god, the original version of Harvest is just so weird and different sounding.

Question: what does the Boost ability actually do? I know in the description it says it increases the power of summons, but I have never seen any enemy that doesn't immediately get defeated by a summon, even if it's a fresh enemy that just popped out after I killed the current enemy with an ability during the summon sequence. Maybe it just has an effect on Chocobo? I know that summon is fairly weak and doesn't often defeat enemies, but otherwise Boost just seems pointless.

Oh yeah, the combination attacks or whatever were really neat, and the moon phases bit added some strategy which was cool, though also frustrating if you were facing particular enemies or bosses during certain phases.

there are some bosses i can't kill with one summon hit on lvl99 maps

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

If you just do the sidequests to get the secret summons you can pretty much ride them to victory iirc

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Fungah! posted:

blitzball owns

oh yeah so i bought ffx/x-2 for the third time the other day and the blitzball ps4 theme also owns

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

should i go give my ffx/-2 "collectors edition" to gamestop now that i'm switching to ps4 or just throw it in a box somewhere or wtf

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Is there even any difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions? I dunno why the PS4 version exists

apparently http://gameidealist.com/gift-guides...-vita-versions/

also the ps4 one is digital and I ain't trying to have ps3 discs around

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

go to switch character and go to the end and it should show you silhouettes for the remaining people and tell you what shards they are

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh well ok I dunno then. but no they don't give you replacement shards for extra ones

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

does it have flying blitzballs in the foreground because pass if not

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I feel better about the time I wasted on that second degree now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

which one of you wants to buy my COLLECTORS EDITION WITH ART BOOK remaster of ffx/-2. I'll start the bidding at $500

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's clearly loving Yuna's story what an obnoxious brat that kid is

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

expert grid is way better and more fun. just look at the grid and see what you want people to specialize in and head for the big skills in that class. it's stupid easy and when you start getting teleport and friend spheres and stuff it gives you the opportunity to make people overpowered in the best way. the whole grid is not big enough to be confusing

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shhhh. they're the same conference. shhhhhhhhhhhh

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well I guess I'm glad I was just intending to pick it up for X-2 but that's mad weird

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

That's kind of crazy that someone has reached Penance on the PS4 version which has been out for like 3 days

I got the platinum in like 95 hours and fighting Penance was basically the last thing I did

there's cross-save with the ps3 version so they may have just had a save

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-O2csR9Zjs

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

eat the meat motherfuckers

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Xavier434 posted:

Yup. This is mostly why. My youngest son loves Sonic. Some kids even love Sonic without even knowing that he is a character that originated in video games.

fix your son before its too late

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ff6 after-years SPRITES ONLY NO poo poo CHIBI-3D

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

please do not post sentences in which the words 'applicable', 'objective' and 'measures' are used consecutively

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Lightning Returns... Fast & Furious

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Celes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ff6 had a ghost train and a gambler class and subtextual relationships between characters and very hidden characters and rare spells to find and two drat worlds and about 20 sick tracks and a heavy-rear end interlude where you're abandoned on an island and have to nurse your colleague back to health and if you don't then you attempt suicide!!!!!! it owns folks!!!!!!