Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tidus fuckin sucks and they should do ffx-3 where he dies horribly and yuna finds a real man and not a spotlight-hogging fuckboy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Mega64 posted:

That's pretty much the plot of that official book where Tidus dies from kicking a blitzball bomb.

whats this now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I just read a thing and it says the novella ends with yuna wishing him back to life again. what the gently caress can we get this girl some counselling

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

The GIG posted:

Cloud is trash garbage

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what are you trying to say schwartzcough. are you saying chrono trigger 2 at e3????????

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

that remix is a jam and a half tho

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if you were to get into ff14 right now what's the best way to go about it. I don't see a package deal on Steam for both the original and the new expansion. if I bought that package deal on PS4 can you then also play on steam or nah

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yo is there any video live from the theater so you can hear the crowd noise yet since they kept killing the crowd mics like idiots

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

Lol 10 years later. Are you loving kidding me?

Square Enix can literally choke on a cock for all I care. Can they come up with nothing original anymore so now they have to pull something out of the closet they were supposed to do 10 years ago to seem relevant?

Just gently caress off...At least Bethesda is trying to actually make changes to their games

yikes

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gackt

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anybody get the good reaction vids from the theater up yet

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Aurain posted:

The only notable thing from the crowd (which was basically empty) was a dude who screamed something like "OH MY GOD!!!!" when he thought Kingdom Hearts III was coming on and it was just for the mobile game.

thanks i meant from the sony reveal tho. I couldn't find any yesterday

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yuna was my strongest character by far

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I never used Gau

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

morallyobjected posted:

I probably would have liked FFX more when it came out if it had the expert sphere grid. gently caress the regular one. the addition of the abilities that get you the right kind of spheres was also useful.

i agree with this the expert sphere grid version is wayyyyyy better

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

in earthbound the player is god

in baten kaitos the player is some sort of pervy voyeur

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gackt

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Good luck with Yuffie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVpir5vSA78

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he's very clearly signaling that it's a remaster which is what we all knew it to be in the first place

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the problem with the x2 story/ending is merely that it's predicated upon the ffx1 story and thus the idea that we're supposed to think cool rear end-kicking noble hero yuna would fall for snarky yelly dorkhog tidus which they never manage to convince us of and indeed barely even try. it's just like, cool bittersweet vibes, wow sacrifice themes, ok tidus is a fukken nerd but I guess it's nice enough he doesn't actively want yuna to die. oh ok now she like is in love with him I guess??????? fial

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Endorph posted:

yuna wasn't a cool rear end-kicking noble hero in ffx

I dunno sacrificing yourself to save the world is p noble and she was my strongest character by far so that is cool in my book

anyway they spend way more time on like wakka's arc with rikku and the al bhed than they do trying to get tidus+yuna over. or at least the time spent is considerably more effective

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Chaotic Flame posted:

Really? I think they do a good job of setting up two teens that care for each other over the course of a journey. There aren't any bold (almost melodramatic) declarations of love a la FFVIII/IX, but I think the development was just fine.

I mean. they have scenes together. the one looking out at the broken arch thing, the terrible laughing scene, the one in the water. so those things happen. they are in close physical proximity to one another, this is much is true

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mostly I think the game is actually really good except fuckin Tidus

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I didn't say being a noble martyr is particularly smart. though it is perhaps smarter before you learn the whole thing is a big joke

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Still disappointed they didn't make X-3 as a prequel with Jecht, Auron and Yuna's dad.

imagine spending a whole game with jecht you would kill yourself

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

jecht is trash

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ios are you some sort of sadist

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey gang just wondering why jecht is included in these dissidia type things and theatrhythm when he is eminently uncool

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

just get yunas and all the secret summons. the summons are both fun and strong enough to let you cruise through the end

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Pink hair is one of the better anime hair colrs

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

these are good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

now that disney is putting marvel things into kingdom hearts we're one step closer to them just putting the ff12 characters into the star wars setting

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gackt

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

"mr thought police" lmao

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im in ur mind policing ur thoughts

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

as the official thought police, I've noted that none of you are currently thinking about rikku. please correct this immediately or I will start issuing citations

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dubs are better because you can do other things while they drone on and on about universe mechanics and similar unnecessary exposition

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I don't mind subs-only for video games because full voiced dialogue should be banned anyway since everyone clicks through the dialogue in .25 seconds except people with brain diseases that like watching stilted polygonmen acting or are literally illiterate

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

What about dialogue that plays over gameplay?

shouts and effort noises and such are good for flavor and easily reusable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

voice acting fetishization is a particularly insidious and deviant brain disease