Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

CrusherEAGLE posted:

I have the original 100% prima strategy guide for FFX-2. What are the changes?

Just wondering if there will be any significant changes to get to 100% this time around, seeing as I have the original guide and all and don't want to miss anything.

Last time I missed 100% on the first run through by just one scene D=

Gamefaqs existed by the time FFX-2 came out, what are you doing!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

On the plus side, this means you can buy it, play X, and sell the code for X-2 to someone else while pretending it never existed :v:

Yeah, except the other way around.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

I originally read this as you wanting it to be broody like the EU and my horror was palpable.

I genuinely like FFVII's original script, plot-obscuring typos aside, but nostalgia's wrapped so tightly around my memories of that game that I can't deliver a clear-headed opinion of it.

Oh that was a quick edit.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

precision posted:

Auron is fine except he looks like Kevin Costner.

You're a terrible terrible person *crosses arms*

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Celery Face posted:

Auron's actually 35. I know it's Final Fantasy so anyone in the party who's over 30 is practically a dinosaur but geez. Or maybe he just looks like that because he's actually dead.

I'm still at the Thunder Plains. Is it worth it to go back and get those stupid destruction spheres? Seems like a huge pain in the rear end to backtrack before I get the airship. Are the items you get all that useful?

35 is actually pretty much right on the line of middle-aged, so I'm not sure what you're getting all worked up about.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
oh Goody let's get all D&D in here, games is totally a forum I trust with that kind of rhetoric.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Endorph posted:

Wait, what?

Earnestly talking about race, class, and social issues is not gonna work in this forum. See the minority perspectives in video games thread for the reason why. Or don't, it's pretty far back in the gas-chamber.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
So, is there really no way to get a hard copy of FFX-2? I mean, i guess it's not a deal-breaker or anything but I just like having physical games over digital.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Nope. It'd go over the cart size limit and they're not willing to step up.

Yeah, that's what I figured but I wanted to make sure. Thanks.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BLUNDERCATS! noooo posted:

My favorite part of any FF is in 6 where the bad guy actually manages to destroy most of the world. Pretty bleak poo poo going through all the places you'd been before, and having to get your party members back. Naming Edgar "Gerad" at the beginning of the game makes for a nice dumb joke after the apocalypse.

Spoilered for those who haven't played it I guess.

How old is that game? I mean, I'm pretty okay with spoiling things for people in general, but I think even the most diehard put spoilers on the costume design type people would be okay with someone spoiling an old as hell video game.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Waldean posted:

It's actually 20 years old as of today.

Haha, the game is almost as old as i am.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Xenogenesis posted:

I'm pretty sure The Patriarchy is the villain in every Final Fantasy game.

Every Villain Is Lemons.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Times like these I'm glad I don't have enough free-time to care about 100 percenting a video game. gently caress all that lightning bullshit.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I don't wish that, because that smiley is an abomination.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Get Suikoden 2 STAT, you need to see a real villain.

Humanity is the real villain, Pyroxene Stigma.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Barudak posted:

Those people can choose not to skip the cutscenes???

What if they accidentally hit the button!? No, we can't have that happen, it's better to just not have it.

I'm choosing to believe this is the reason why, because it means that Square believes that the only people who care about the story are idiots.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

g0lbez posted:

Honestly I felt FFXII kinda hit that DQ1-esque "explore wherever but gently caress you if you take a wrong turn" concept that I've always missed from old school RPGs.

I aggroed the T-Rex first time I saw it. I regret nothing.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Kanfy posted:

What if

every game is the best in the series?

nigga you trippin. trippin hard

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Five is considered steampunk?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Occupation posted:

FFIII is like if HIV and cancer had a video game baby
Jesus CHRIST that game is SO BAD

the holocaust of jrpg's

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

Blitzball is really fun though, and if you do it across the entire game you can gradually get Wakka's stuff pretty easily.

It is fun, for you. It is not fun, for me.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
IIRC, the Trio of 9999 can only be done with some items you win in a mini-game, but you get like 99 from the minigame so you only need to do it once.

Also, it only owns if you don't have break damage limit.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I wouldn't consider Nier's ending spiteful so much as loving hilarious.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Occupation posted:

I wasn't talking about the content of the endings, which to me are the most emotionally powerful experiences I've had in video games (especially D when the thing happens) but more how they are unlocked. Although again not as bad as DG's E ending

Although I wish cavia had time to implement ending E for NieR because Christ if they did, douchiest unlock ever

I wasn't talking about the content either, I just think it's hilarious to have to make the player choose to erase a safe file and something something meta-commentary on completionists.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

Guys.

Four Job Fiesta is happening in a little over a month.

Get pumped.

Do it for a game I care about (Bravely Default) and then I will get pumped

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

fronz posted:

I can't think of a single reason your reaction to that should be "I guess I should play this game"

Some people really like futa.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
What's the lowest effort way of beating FFX, I'm only really playing it because, as much as I hate to admit it, playing FFX-2 first feels wrong, even if I love it more.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Yeah that was great, thanks!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Honestly the focus on good translation is kind of lame, a good localization is way more important.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Moms are tough.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I forgive FF13 for everything bad about it because of that one line.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

A bit late to the Woolsey chat, but he did make the incredibly crucial decision to name a trio of villains after rock stars instead of table condiments. Only awful anime nerds would prefer the latter.

I'm an awful anime nerd and I can say with satisfaction that you are wrong, bitch.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Oh man, the feels. The ending of FFX still gets the ole heartstrings. The scene where Yuna rushes to grab or embrace Tidus and just falls straight through him is just heartbreaking.

I was glad of it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Coffee with Bullet is a loving awesome name, actually.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Orgia Carnaval posted:

The story of X-2 is not incomprehensible, it's just dumb.

Why would anyone play an FF for the story anyway?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

FFV's story (or at least the GBA translation of it) is amazing and I will fight you irl if you claim otherwise.

I claim otherwise :twisted:

Orgia Carnaval posted:

Agreed, I like my anime dress up games because they end up being the most fun

This is why Bravely Default is my favorite Final Fantasy.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

the_american_dream posted:

Unpopular opinion but I really miss long games like this.

If FFX was a good game, maybe I could agree with you.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gologle posted:

Hey you guys! Quit wanking off about your fantasies and pretending it's going to be the final time and check into something awful! Do you dislike Lightning Returns? Sure you do, because you're not totally lame! Want to make it 1000x better? Check into this thread to make all your wildest dreams come true, you stupid losers! Brought to you by the same people who gave you Mario Party extravaganza: Where the true tensions bubbled out below the surface, Sonic 2006: Where hedgehog's die, and Final Fantasy XIII-2: A YUEL WHO LOVED TO LET'S PLAY.

I personally love these guys, and I just wanted to share for those of you who don't actually obsessively click on the Let's Play subforum hoping that you'll someday soon see a thread about pokecapn and a sonic game again

I hate you worse then anyone in this thread arguing about which final fantasy is a real final fantasy or which one was the last good one or whatever the gently caress.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I love Bravely Default more then...well, most actual FF's but I will readily agree with anyone who says the plot writers made a few really really stupid decisions. Luckily the battle and job system is so good that I don't really care about that but I know some of y'all care about story so that's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

precision posted:

the best Pretty Princess Dress Up mode of any game ever.

I'm gonna fight you in the parking lot after school