Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Akiyama's apparently bogus charge of coercion seemed completely factual to me. What would you call requiring that a woman date him in order to get a loan if not coercion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Salsa McManus posted:

Welp, seems like we might get some 90s Yakuza then. Hopefully. Were the 90s wonderfully tacky in Japan as well? I'd love to see Kazuma and Majima in windbreakers.

Also, Binary Domain is on sale for $3.74 on Steam right now.

How playable is that if you don't use a mic?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Oh god, that akiyama photo is killing me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So, someone linked a shogi program earlier. I tried that, but it stopped providing recommended moves very early in a game. I don't really want to learn how to play shogi, so is there an alternative or a solution for that particular program?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So I shouldn't pick up any locker keys at all as Haruka?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Is there a trick to doing the hunter test?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I don't see why you can't send stuff to the item box from anywhere at any time, instead of only one thing at a time and only when you are full.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

precision posted:

Idol music isn't even particularly good! What's the appeal!

3d waifus. They are "perfect" as long as they can maintain the facade, unlike real women who are living organisms with thoughts and opinions and such. The whole industry is weird, and mostly just exists so yakuza have a steady supply of young girls to gently caress.

On an unrelated topic, are Tatsuya's dishes supposed to be horrifying abominations against god and man? They sure seem that way, but it is all played completely straight so I'm not sure if it is intentional or not.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I do not like the ufo catcher. It is very bad.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
After taking two hours to do the crane catcher, I surprisingly got my marlin on my third try.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Ms. Park was more than a little crazy. "This is Haruka's dream. I know this because it used to be mine and I told her so." She just grabbed a random kid off the street and shoved all this baggage on her, and then Haruka went along with it because she is very polite.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Even without the forcible dream bestowal weirdness, it was very clear that Park was crazy as a shithouse rat just because of how she spent that money. Then there is how being an idol with secrets bit her in the rear end but then she picked a kid with secrets far more damning than hers could ever be. She was raised by a yakuza, who cares? Except for how Haruka was raised by that one particular yakuza who is functionally invincible. Like, if Park's stuff had been revealed it would have caused a scandal and tanked her career, but if Haruka's relationship with Kiryu became public knowledge she would be the target of at least some of the several million people he has punched in the face. It would actually be a much better method of taking down Kiryu than the usual "aim a gun at him in a cutscene" thing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Captain Novolin posted:

i cant stop racing these loving chickens

You mean you actually raced them instead of playing Ultimate Menu Simulator for an hour to train just one bird?

precision posted:

Not for nothing, but this is also the reason Japan got involved in WW2. :v:

you are thinking of canada

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Captain Novolin posted:

I spent an hour training gerry, bred him, spent some more time training gerry jr, then i won enough races to get jerry, and then i picked up barry and bred him, and am going to load up on tauriners to give to the trainers asap.

i love cock (racing)

Toughness z might not be as efficient from a money/point ratio, but it lets you spend less time on Ultimate Menu Simulator and go back to cock racing. I will refrain from spoiling the wonderful prize you get from beating the final race.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Just had a cutscene with a random pedestrian vibrating and rotating in place in the background the entire time. He looked very upset about it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So is the pachinko completion cumulative? I can't tell, because I have literally never won a single ball in pachinko.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

evilalien posted:

Nope, gotta earn the required amount in a single session.

Well, that obviously ain't happening! I don't even see how it is possible, since from everything I've read about that dumb minigame there is no simple trick.

For the coliseum weapon match, what weapon skill should I grind up? That dude with a pistol just fucks me up every time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Bear fighting is a standard for excessively manly characters in japanese fiction.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Nunchucks are just the absolute worst weapon. Piddly damage, no stunning, short range, and lots of useless animations which lock you in place.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Anyone know how to make Raiden show up in the coliseum? I fought him as Kiryu, and now he is supposed to be in a cutscene at the coliseum front desk but it never triggers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I like how karaoke is vastly more difficult than singing and dancing on stage.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
All the guys wearing the fan club jackets smell their hands as they walk away.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

One day Haruka will realize she could be a pretty good lawyer. Or a chef. Or anything else for that matter.

That would require some random crazy person to grab her off the street and explain that her dream is now to be a lawyer.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There were some great parts, but the actual game has tons of bizarrely terrible design decisions and the story was of course garbage.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Spikeguy posted:

I picked this up after watching a Let's Play from Super Best Friends. I've tried to get into the series before and really wanted to like it. From what I saw, it looks like something I'm really into. Is there anything I should know before starting? Any tips to getting to the best stuff as soon as possible? Or for maximizing fun?

Don't pick up any sparkly things as Haruka. Donate all those junk weapons to the weapon shop instead of money, because for some insane reason you can't sell weapons.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Going to nagoya as kiryu is a deeply moving experience because there are no yakuza there.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Whereas everyone else can enjoy it because of how all yakuza deserve to be punched in the face.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If you never find martens in the third trap type you are just being rng-hosed. There isn't a special trick to it and if in my experience they weren't any more rare than rabbits or foxes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh, that would only be true if they included clothing damage. there are plenty of belligerent punks to go around and it isn't like letting haruka punch some of them would retroactively make the series less manly.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol the games loaded with morally pristine yakuza are the sole remaining realistic portrayal of japanese culture

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it detracts from the masculinity if women are allowed to do more than provide motivations for men. woman throwing a punch? instant castration for the entire male cast.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it hearkens back to a time when men were men, women were women plot devices, and an escaped convict got into fistfights with two different bears.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm ok with Yakuza's social backwardness (with the interesting exception of its attitude towards Koreans) because it's completely true to the source material: actual yakuza do indeed live in a ridiculous male fantasy world.

actual yakuza are extortionists, drug dealers and pimps. gently caress those guys.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dude thinks that the yakuza series has a serious and mature story. his brain obviously doesn't work so well.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
are you verranicus? no one else mentioned neptunia.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the most hilarious part of yakuza 5 was how they admitted the idol industry is completely mobbed up but always shied away from saying why yakuza would care about promoting idols.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you need to both speak japanese and have the right timing, which is even worse. just find a guide and try it over and over until you squeak by. fortunately, you only have to clear the first round to finish the substory.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sindai posted:

After putting the game down for months because Tatsuo sucks so hard I finally powered through his chapter and upon regaining control of Kiryu and Saejima I was relieved to find it wasn't my imagination. He really is incredibly weak and unfun.

Seriously why does he do one third as much damage as everyone else?

you are always supposed to be using weapons with him. unlike saejima who should be left in heat mode all the time, you should burn tatsuo's gauge on heat moves with weapons at every opportunity. i think his style is very boring, but it works okay. fortunately aside from maybe using some stop sign cheese to raise the level cap you never need to touch weapons with any of the other characters.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you can't do the komakis normally, just use stop signs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
5 is better if you are only going to play one of them

• Locked thread