Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Hooray, the new thread is up! May 24th can't come soon enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Majima better be playable, drat it.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

If he was playable then how would he show up out of loving nowhere and do something insane?

That would be the intro to his chapter, when you're done playing the previous character!

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Akiyama!

Haruka....?

Also, Kazuma's outfit! It's kind of depressing looking.

Ryuga Death fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 23, 2012

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Policenaut posted:

I'm not 100% positive on this but machine translation of the Hachima article on these scans is claiming Kiryu's like some down and out cabbie in Fukuoka right now. Might explain the new Apollo Justice-ian wardrobe change.

:eek:

What has happened to the great Kiryu? :ohdear:

Please tell me this is getting a worldwide release and that we won't have to wait for a western release.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Considering how close Kazuma and Haruka were, I wonder how Kazuma feels just leaving her. Also, those kids at the orphanage. :smith:

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Kiryu looks like he's been through hell, while Akiyama looks like he hasn't aged a day.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
That is a wonderful ad, whoever purchased it.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
That screenshot is beyond hilarious.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Crappy Jack posted:

Just remember that if we support this game, then Yakuza 6 will undeniably feature a plot where Haruka is kidnapped and Majima has to go undercover as a teen pop idol in order to rescue her at Kiryu's request.

Then the Yakuza team will finally get the idea that we all love Majima and they'll make a spin off series featuring Majima with his own full adventures, right? :swoon:

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I really hope those HD remakes get a western release. A copy of Yakuza 2 is quite expensive. :smith:

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hortism posted:

And this is generalizing a great deal, but I tend to find western JRPG fans in general to be at least a little bit weeaboo-ish so I'd be a little suprised if playing around in a modern Japn setting would be a turn off.

A bit of a rant, but I just want these games to do well because they do so much right and are probably the most engrossing videogames I've ever come across.

In regards to the weeaboo-ish thing, it's probably because Yakuza is an overall much more "realistic" (as realistic as Yakuza can be, I guess, compared to FF or whatever) setting, whereas weeaboos probably want the unbelievable fantasy setting with extraordinary weapons/skills. I probably didn't make much sense, but it pains me to see how unknown Yakuza is outside of Japan. I tried showing Yakuza 3/4 to a friend of mine and he was just bored by it, so then he went back to his zombie or Transformer game(s). :smith:

Not to mention, pure brawling may not appeal to many JRPG fans.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tupperwarez posted:

"Akiyama, I need you to watch over Haruka, make sure no scumbags take advantage of her. Idol management is kinda like hostess club management, right?"
"Uh, I guess..."
"Great. Pack your poo poo and brush up on your Kansai-ben."
"Uh, can't you ask Daigo instead?"
"Are you kidding me? His integrity's crapped out like what, three times now? Guy can't run a Yoshinoya without loving it up."

I would pay good money for this to be the actual conversation and reason why Akiyama is connected to Haruka.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I need this game now. :allears:

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I saw Majima! :swoon:

Why can't the release of this game be a worldwide one? I don't want to wait! I'd actually pre-order this drat game. :(

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
The guy didn't know if Yakuza 4 had been released in America yet. :v:

I guess that goes to show just how little attention the Yakuza series gets in the West.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Karthe posted:

My copy of Yakuza 4 arrived today in the mail. This will be the first Yakuza game I've ever played - I think it's a beat-em-up? :v: Is there anything I should know before I fire it up?

Sit back, enjoy the ride and then hit dudes.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Would they even bother porting Yakuza 1/2 HD over to the west?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I thought Yakuza 4 had some free DLC you could download that came with items to make things easier? Or am I thinking of Dead Souls?

Ryuga Death fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 18, 2012

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's not bad, I had a lot of fun with it after getting used to its weird controls. Just don't worry too much about the bonus side stuff like me, as it took many hours and wasted attempts. Oh god, those sewers. :gonk:

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I loved Dead Souls as well, but then again, I've loved every Yakuza game I've played (3, 4, and Dead Souls). Where's 5, Sega? :smith:

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

I meant a localized version for America, unless there's one out already and I somehow missed it?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don't regret my purchase of Dead Souls at all. Let the game aim for you and go crazy with doing cool manly stuff, but with dumb zombies this time!

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
The only time I had a real problem with combat was in Yakuza Dead Souls and that was mainly doing the sewer missions until I reached Amon. I died to his laser despite knowing it was coming forcing me to do the sewer levels all over again.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

Geop posted:

Did anyone actually want Dead Souls, though? :staredog: I mean, don't get me wrong; I bought it.

I wanted Dead Souls despite how dumb it looked and ended up loving everything about it.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I really like Shinada. He's a fun personality.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
What's the best way to make a ton of money in Y5? Already at the final chapter with some of the gamble stuff in my inventory.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Where are you supposed to get a small motor and ash wood in Yakuza 5?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is Yakuza 6 the first game in the series to have ragdoll physics?

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
Looks like it's time to start saving up for a PS4. I can't wait.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe

gently caress, I should have purchased a PS4 pro instead of some PC upgrades. drat it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

Fun Shoe
I preordered it despite not having a ps4 yet. Soon!

• Locked thread