Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Man, it's been good to get back to this game. I lost my lv. 107 Assassin when my old PS3 bit the dust--before Dark Arisen came out--but I finally re-created my character and I'm getting to play the expansion at last. First I've got to get my Heaven's Key daggers back, though. Sure I'll get better ones in BBI, but... my shiny daggers! :saddowns:

I added my info to the spreadsheet in the first post, if anyone wants to drag my lv. 75 mage pawn Faraj around. (PSN is cpassmore.) Pawn needs an attitude adjustment, but I kinda need more rift crystals first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Basebf555 posted:

Cool sounds like I'm back in. Last time I crapped out because they drop a Cockatrice on you without any warning really(I think it attacks the main hub city) and I had no clue how to deal with it. I was a "jump on things and stab them until they die" character and I couldn't figure out a way to not get petrified by it within 30 seconds. My mage pawn also was getting petrified so he was no help. Are there anti-petrification items I can make sure I stock up on to prevent that this time?

Secret Softeners are the single-person unpetrification medicines, and I'm pretty sure Camellia just sort of sells those. Cockatrice Liquors are the ones that cure everyone in the party.

Panaceas will also do it, of course, and Sorcerers have High Voidspell if you're high enough level for that.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
My most-wanted DD mod would be something that added more world. Gransys is neat, sure, but it consists of one city, one town, several dungeons, and a handful of small forts.

I get that the people in the settlements around Gran Soren pulled into the city when the dragon came, and the farms near Maul's fortress were flat-out destroyed, but I guess I want more signs of former habitation? Put the remnants of a town around Windbluff Tower or around the Blighted Manse or even put a little trading center in the giant empty field in front of the Greatwall and it would make Gransys feel a lot less deserted.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Sylphosaurus posted:

Pretty much the entire southwest part of Gransys consists of just a landmass with enemies. I recall hearing that this game was pretty rushed by the end which I guess would explain the general emptiness of the world.

Yeah, I've heard that too, and it makes a lot of sense. Nailing down the gameplay would take precedence. I can't argue with that.

I guess I can count on modders to populate Gransys with tits and dicks, at least.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Dual Monarchy posted:

Is anyone attached enough to their old Arisen to remake them on PC? I don't think I can let go of my huge Amazonian warrior woman.

Yeah, most likely. The death of my original PS3 destroyed my Assassin's save file before I could play Dark Arisen, so I've already re-created him from scratch once. I'm really attached to him! And also to being a giant stealth rear end in a top hat with a bow. :shobon:

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I was gonna go in blind, but I'm very happy somebody brought this up so I can avoid having a child bride.

With a few plot-related exceptions, I'm pretty sure you can romance literally any named NPC in the game. Like, meet J. Random Idjit who does nothing but wander the merchants' quarter to give the city the appearance of being crowded, give them presents until they get all blushy at the sight of you, and then bam! they are your love interest and the game will treat them as such in cutscenes.

The problem arises because of Capcom trying to give the player hella freedom. See, your player character can appear to be nearly any age from about eight to about eighty, so Capcom lets you romance, well, everyone with a name. This includes small children. I guess it could be mildly cute if you were playing an eight-year-old, but not so much when your Arisen is definitely in his thirties, agh.

They did adjust some (spoilery) issues with the romance system when they released Dark Arisen, but they left the child brides in. :gonk:

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Just FYI the court jester is the best beloved.

Well, fine, more Julien for me. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Demiurge4 posted:

I got really confused when I picked up a leather chest piece for my strider and I was still wearing the lovely starter shirt. Turns out there's a clothing and armor slot, what's the real difference between each?

Also how do core skills work? Are they automatic? I can't seem to equip them like I can augments and weapon skills.

Clothing goes under your armor. That's pretty much it. You just get to use an extra piece of potential buff/stat increase on your chest and legs.

Core skills are basically different button presses, more about timing than anything. If you're looking at one there should be an option to get more information--it was the square button on the PS3 and the X button on the XBox--and pulling up that info will tell you the series of button presses you need to use the core skills.

EDIT: Yoops. Yeah, undead are like that. You can get weapons with elemental properties, or you can hire a mage pawn to throw enchantments ('boons') on your non-elemental weapons. That's like half of what they do. Weapons are really mostly a case of 'higher numbers better'.

Picayune fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Jan 16, 2016

• Locked thread