Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Harrow posted:

Well, the issue that I'm having right now is that something on the HD is supremely hosed up and even though my PC tells me there's no operating system there, it won't accept a clean installation of Windows 10. It gets about halfway, restarts, then starts a whole new installation from scratch even though there's a half-finished one hanging out there.

I'd need the Windows key either way, definitely, but right now I have no idea how to effectively make my HD actually accept a new OS being installed on it.

Format it using Windows install media and try to reinstall again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Harrow posted:

Did that. At least using the only install media I have available (a Windows 10 USB drive) it fails to actually format the hard drive. Quits out at around 30% progress.

Anyway I'll stop posting about this here, this is a thread for discussing flying into free and various other aughts, not my own personal failure to be a successful PC owner.

Yeah, that might indicate it's the HD itself that is broken.

I welcome the derail though - the more I read about this drat game the more interminable the wait gets for it to come out on Steam :supaburn:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Nasgate posted:

I think I'm going to install iTunes just to purchase into free. Would I be able to download and keep the media file, or will it only play through itunes?

It's been forever since I bought anything through iTunes but iTunes should allow for downloads, and even if it's in an Apple format iTunes has a built-in format converter.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
That messed me up in Everfall. Rolling through on a mage main with a healer off-pawn as backup, my group loving crushed the undead and the ogre conveniently leapt to his death so we get to the bottom and I assume the boss will be tough but fair, right? :mad:

• Locked thread